Quantcast

“Reba’s Ride” To Benefit Idaho Nonprofit

Oct 20, 2009
<p>One of the world’s toughest mountain bikers is auctioning off the bike she rode to victory, to benefit an Idaho nonprofit. World Champion mountain bike racer Rebecca Rusch has put her 2011 Specialized carbon fiber FATE mountain bike up for auction.</p><p>
</p><p>
The beneficiary of the auction, which starts FRIDAY, July 20 and goes until Monday, July 30, will be the Wood River Bicycle Coalition, a group devoted to bikes and bike culture in Rusch’s hometown of Ketchum, Idaho and the Sun Valley area.</p><p>
</p><p>
The bike carried Rusch to her third straight victory in the iconic Leadville 100 mountain bike race in Colorado in 2011.</p><p>
</p><p>
“It’s one heck of a fast bike, and I’m hoping someone takes it home and enjoys it,” said Rusch. “I’m proud to offer this bike up to help make the Wood River Valley even more of a bike-friendly community.”</p><p>
</p><p>
The Wood River Bicycle Coalition advocates for a bicycle- and pedestrian-friendly community throughout Idaho’s Wood River Valley. In the summer of 2008 the group helped the area achieve a “silver medal” Bicycle Friendly Community status from the League of American Bicyclists.</p><p>
</p><p>
The Ebay auction headline is <a href="http://www.ebay.com/itm/Buy-the-Specialized-Fate-29er-that-Won-Leadville-/150861902470?utm_campaign=Fate%20Auction&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter&utm_content=Buy%20the%20Specialized%20Fate%2029er%20that%20Won%20Leadville&pt=Mountain_Bikes&hash=item232011f286#ht_1160wt_1141" target="_blank">“Buy the Specialized Fate 29er that Won Leadville.”</a> The bike will begin its listing on eBay priced at $2,500. The carbon fiber 29er is built up with the lightest high-end parts including the Specialized team issue carbon crankset. The bike retails for nearly $10,000. Buyers will have 10 days from the auction’s beginning to bid on the bike. Rusch has agreed to ship the bike to a buyer for free, and will donate 100 percent of the proceeds to the Wood River Bicycle Coalition.</p><p>
</p><p>
“I can honestly say this bike helped make me faster,” Rusch said. “It’s ready for years of fast and fun mountain biking anywhere in the world. And the buyer will be supporting the bike culture of one of the most beautiful places in the country.”</p><p>
</p><p>
Click <a href="http://www.ebay.com/itm/Buy-the-Specialized-Fate-29er-that-Won-Leadville-/150861902470?utm_campaign=Fate%20Auction&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter&utm_content=Buy%20the%20Specialized%20Fate%2029er%20that%20Won%20Leadville&pt=Mountain_Bikes&hash=item232011f286#ht_1160wt_1141" target="_blank">here</a> to bid on Rebecca's Fate.</p>

More...