Quantcast

¡Áéíóú Monday GMT úóíéá!

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Today I have to find out if I can buy the house I looked at yesterday:

Its an estate sale and I have to see if I can get them to knock some off the price as it needs a lot of work but location is great and the house is solid.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Work.

Damn, forecast for later this week is looking HOTTT.
:stupid:
46F top temp yesterday, 86F on Thursday here? :think: Still balls cold this morning for mid-May, with rain. Gotta suffer through today, then riding for the rest of the week from Tuesday on.

Last edited:

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hello Monday! Congrats on making it through the weekend, folks. After a hard ride Saturday and a hard run yesterday, my swim this morning was a little off. 'Sall good though.

Our all day Oracle demos scheduled for today are cancelled because the Oracle rep got into a car wreck on the way here and needed medical attention (concussion and shit). Sounds to me like Oracle isn't willing to go that extra mile for our business.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Opening local BMX race Friday night - kid was sluggish but will build back up. I almost killed everybody like 3X with the low/high move in the 1st turn..actually almost won the main until my corrections officer buddy (hand to hand combat trainer, no less) almost pushed me off my bike in the last straight (after I pushed him..). Nephew from Seattle was also in town - taking time off before picking up a jorb at that Amazon rocket company...we rode local trails after the rain yesterday and almost killed him - place is filled with sandy loam and he found the one place to smash his face on the one rock there...so much for rocket science! :rimshot:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Work.

Damn, forecast for later this week is looking HOTTT.
:stupid:

trails should finally be hitting their prime. Just in time for the doctor to tell me I should not bike for a least a month. To give my rib injury time to heal. eff that. a couple of weeks maybe, but a whole month?!?! what makes it worse is that there's a "families" trip to Kingdom Trails planned for this weekend. 7 families have rented four cottages on a lake. The weather looks good, and my oldest is super keen to ride. I'm not sure if I'll be well enough to ride, and whether I'd jeopardizing my whole season if I ride... It's a five hour drive minimum to get there so not insignificant, with a 4 and 6 year old strapped in the back... I'm sure if won't matter too much monetarily if I drop out, but it would suck to waste the long weekend, at home, not riding. But that's a long drive....

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Hail damage appraisers came by yesterday and by the afternoon I had a quote in hand. Over $7K including replacing the hood, the topper, and replacing the roof. Yes, they will be cutting out my roof and welding a new one in.

All of that and of course they forgot to include the broken windshield. :rofl:

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Fun Weekend hanging with the wife. She flew off to Mexico City for a week of dealing with the Tax Dept of thir Mexico operation so I have the house to myself....yeah now. back on the short bus for the next five days.

Coffee better start to kick in

Ruth during one of her two winning rides. (two firsts and one second place at this weekends comp)

Last edited:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Wife and I did 20 miles of road, dirt and single track yesterday. She's a bad ass after her crash on Saturday.

Meanwhile, people on airplanes = kill list...

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Our all day Oracle demos scheduled for today are cancelled because the Oracle rep got into a car wreck on the way here and needed medical attention (concussion and shit). Sounds to me like Oracle isn't willing to go that extra mile for our business.
Make him webex his shit from the ER.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
This weekend I rode my borrowed old and dirty city bike with Sram X7 gearing up to my friends house 40km north of the city. I was able to draft a roadie 30km of the way. This is in sneakers, baggy shorts and a fleece and heavy back pack. The guy was nice but did have to point out he was on a long ride and could not go too fast when we split up and he went inland :)

Yossarian

Monkey Pimp
Jul 25, 2001
Aboard the Inchcliffe Castle
My case of the mondays brought to you by, " running into old acquaintances who are mostly retired at 48", with Closed captioning provided by, "retail store clerks who lied and are too lazy to get the ladder to give me desired product from the top shelf"

No riding or car shopping this weekend, but the heavy lifting on my bathroom renovation is complete.

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
No riding but a good bit of trail work this weekend. Hoping to sneak out for a spin this PM.

Buffed out this lander at our jumps. It was fully haggard after this winter. Shredder Sam included for scale--he is a beast behind the shovel and on the bike(and is the guy I gave my old spitfire for those who recall that story).
IMG_4574.jpg

Then had the boys over to freshen the back yard pumptrack. Cannot wait for it to set up fully--this week's record breaking highs will help no doubt. Many beer laps await...
IMG_4579.jpg

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
come dig me a pumptrack. my kid isn't old enough to shovel. yet.
Nor are mine (3 and 9 months). Me, 3 dudes, a bobcat and plate compactor knocked out the original in a weekend. It was awesome fun. No major maintenance in 3 years and no big changes so it was high time to switch things up. The oldest is riding it a fair bit and is pretty excited that it's buffed out and has some new features (middle rollers in the pic).

I sold the idea of destroying our back yard with a small bulldozer to wife saying I'd be around the house more to help with kid stuff if I could do some riding without leaving. Secondly, it is "for the kids" to learn on and ride with us. The second part has been more true than the first.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Rode in today, felt good. Spent most of yesterday power washing the fence. It hasn't been done in five years and was black/grey; it is now vibrant cedar. I was only able to finish half in 4 hours, so the rest will happen over the next few days and staining will occur over the weekend.

I finally got Wifey on board with getting rid of cable, I just need to sort out which services we get to have access to wanted shows. Side note: Bravo should die.

Haley watched a GoPro video at Costco yesterday with a dude bombing Whistler and said that she wants to do that. I told her that she needs hand brakes to ride like that and she has decided that she needs a bike with hand brakes. I'm looking at a few options:

https://www.islabikes.com/product/kids-bikes/cnoc-16-age-4/ - Aluminum frame, 14.5#, company has a trade-up policy.

https://www.islabikes.com/product/pro-series-bikes/cnoc-16/ - Baller version of the above bike. We don't have that kind of money to throw at her.

https://spawncycles.com/yoji-16 - 14#, better stand over, bmx style

https://spawncycles.com/banshee-16 - 15#, bmx style

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Mornin!

Hail damage appraisers came by yesterday and by the afternoon I had a quote in hand. Over $7K including replacing the hood, the topper, and replacing the roof. Yes, they will be cutting out my roof and welding a new one in.

All of that and of course they forgot to include the broken windshield. :rofl:
Oof, yet again. I'm going to have a roofing contractor come take a look at my house's roof as people a few blocks away have documented damage.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Rode in today, felt good. Spent most of yesterday power washing the fence. It hasn't been done in five years and was black/grey; it is now vibrant cedar. I was only able to finish half in 4 hours, so the rest will happen over the next few days and staining will occur over the weekend.

I finally got Wifey on board with getting rid of cable, I just need to sort out which services we get to have access to wanted shows. Side note: Bravo should die.

Haley watched a GoPro video at Costco yesterday with a dude bombing Whistler and said that she wants to do that. I told her that she needs hand brakes to ride like that and she has decided that she needs a bike with hand brakes. I'm looking at a few options:

https://www.islabikes.com/product/kids-bikes/cnoc-16-age-4/ - Aluminum frame, 14.5#, company has a trade-up policy.

https://www.islabikes.com/product/pro-series-bikes/cnoc-16/ - Baller version of the above bike. We don't have that kind of money to throw at her.

https://spawncycles.com/yoji-16 - 14#, better stand over, bmx style

https://spawncycles.com/banshee-16 - 15#, bmx style
Don't neglect to look at Commencal bikes. They're a great value, good spec, but mostly, really good geometry.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
No 16" bike in the US. She's too small for 20", but too big for 14".
I am torn about the size for little man. He was rolling the strider this weekend, but was getting some bad wobbles with the 12. I am afraid the 16 is too big, but he will likely only be on the 14 for a year. I think the Mirra 14 for $100 is my #1 right now. Not the greatest, but seems to be a solid starter.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
No 16" bike in the US. She's too small for 20", but too big for 14".
you sure about that? My son went from the 14" to the 20". By the end of last season, he was slightly cramped on the 14", and a bit stretched out on the 16". So all in all, maybe 6 months where he was between sizes, but with stem swamps (for fit), it was manageable...