Quantcast

¡Áéíóú Monday GMT úóíéá!

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
North Cackalacky red clay is the shit for building. You can shape it, pack it down and after a few rain/sun cycles it's nearly cement hard.
Truth. The dirt at our spot is a amazing--there are areas of red clay but a lot of it is more yellow with very high clay content but just enough sand that it packs super well, is easy to shape, doesn't frost heave and holds up to rains super well. The biggest issue we have is when it gets too dry and dusty, things don't hold together as well, then a heavy rain causes more erosion.

Dirt at the house pump track is 75/25 red clay/sand. It is amazingly fun to work with.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Evening Monkies! I am pleased to report that I can now pedal the 5 inch GT in full squish mode around my local loop just as fast as I can pedal the hard tail... I will sleep well tonight. :) Odd that I did not see any other riders on the trails. Said hey to a hiker who tried to kill me with his icy glare. Didn't work.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Been fighting an eye infection for a while. My vision was all effed up. I went to the ophthalmology/optometry dept at Kaiser for an eve exam. They put me on drops containing two antibiotics and a steroid plus did a full eve exam and gave me a new prescription. I got the new glasses on Friday which was day 7 of 8 on the eye drops. The drops put an oily film on my eye so i was seeing though a sort of a halo. Sunday was the first day without the drops and my vision was still off and i was thinking that either my eye was fubared or the prescription was wrong. At about 10am this morning my eye let loose this big gloopy mess. Wiped it off and put the glasses back on, Holy shit! crystal clear vision in both eyes. I spent the day trying to read every sign I saw at a distance. Once home I grabbed my binoculars, folded the rubber eyepieces out of the way and I could actually use them with both eyes as my astigmatism was corrected for the first time in years. Shot my bow from 35 yards in the wind and could see the arrows in the target and tightly group them...Praise the FSM and the Eyedoctor

now i need to order some single vision glasses for riding to go along with my progessive/ transitions

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Been fighting an eye infection for a while. My vision was all effed up. I went to the ophthalmology/optometry dept at Kaiser for an eve exam. They put me on drops containing two antibiotics and a steroid plus did a full eve exam and gave me a new prescription. I got the new glasses on Friday which was day 7 of 8 on the eye drops. The drops put an oily film on my eye so i was seeing though a sort of a halo. Sunday was the first day without the drops and my vision was still off and i was thinking that either my eye was fubared or the prescription was wrong. At about 10am this morning my eye let loose this big gloopy mess. Wiped it off and put the glasses back on, Holy shit! crystal clear vision in both eyes. I spent the day trying to read every sign I saw at a distance. Once home I grabbed my binoculars, folded the rubber eyepieces out of the way and I could actually use them with both eyes as my astigmatism was corrected for the first time in years. Shot my bow from 35 yards in the wind and could see the arrows in the target and tightly group them...Praise the FSM and the Eyedoctor

now i need to order some single vision glasses for riding to go along with my progessive/ transitions

wanted to see gloopy mess...
leaving disappointed...

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
i've heard of them, can you please explain better? i don't get all the hullabaloo about them.
Cheap Chinese devices listed as "aiding people with autism, ADHD and anxiety". I find them distracting for those who are or who want to be distracted...so of course we have 3 with 3 more on order!

EDIT: so of course we pull the bearings and I'm already looking at how we lube them better or replace them with ceramics!