Quantcast

¤/// Friday GMT \\\¤

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Oh hello

Immersed myself in an internet hole of architecture and design I want to buy a piece of land and build a house.

Might have a buyer for some skis too. That would be good

Happy Friday people.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Wife came home from a successful business trip to Mexico. Looks like they may have gotten that division of the company back on track. Great to have her back home. I am sore as hell this morning after having to transport 5 large people in wheelchairs yesterday, definitely tweaked my pecs and traps. Ibuprofen type of morning

Coffee then off to the short bus for another fun filled day.......

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Oh hello

Immersed myself in an internet hole of architecture and design I want to buy a piece of land and build a house.

Might have a buyer for some skis too. That would be good

Happy Friday people.

super cool. I got into mid century/contemporary architecture for the last couple of years. Lots of it out here in eastern MA. I love the way they control flow and light in those houses, but sometimes taking a shit and being able to talk to somebody cooking at the same time is a little weird.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I ran out of FTS on Tuesday, getting through today without insulting anyone at work might be tough.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
super cool. I got into mid century/contemporary architecture for the last couple of years. Lots of it out here in eastern MA. I love the way they control flow and light in those houses, but sometimes taking a shit and being able to talk to somebody cooking at the same time is a little weird.
our apartment in vienna in college featured a small shower in the kitchen, literally next to the sink, and a shitter off of the entry vestibule that was shared with an old lady who lived next door.

foggy up in hurr this morning. wife seems to be feeling slightly better...not too much going on otherwise. y’all be good and don’t jimmydean anything today.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Not too much to report, boss is out of the office so I'm guaranteed to be more relaxed and productive. Funny how that works.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
After three weeks of a constant raging shit storm, I am ready to enjoy a quiet day in an eye of the hurricane and get accomplished as little as I can get away with. I am betting on you monkeys as my primary source of entertainment, don't be a disappoint.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
After three weeks of a constant raging shit storm, I am ready to enjoy a quiet day in an eye of the hurricane and get accomplished as little as I can get away with. I am betting on you monkeys as my primary source of entertainment, don't be a disappoint.

Can't think of a better way to start your day than with a bear gif.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!

NC can now go back to normal - UNC/Duke Round 1 is in the books. We can now begin speaking to friends, family and spouses with a gentle tone again.....until Round 2 in March. Then, we're total assholes to each other.

Need to enjoy the sunshine today - not going to see it again for another few days. Rain all weekend - which means I guess I'm going to morph into an Olympic figure skating judge and hammer the sh*t out of the Croatians for their jacked-up Triple Salchow technique.....listen to me, I'm already getting ahead of myself.

Let's do pizza for dinner....

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Dinner and drinks with a lady friend last night. Discussion turned to stock market and yearly bonuses. Her bonus is larger than my salary. Lordy did she suddenly look gorgeous and not at all annoying,

Flying down to Hermosa Beach for a friends wedding. Not a fan of flying nor much of a fan of SoCal, but it will be nice to escape the gloom for a few days and hang with some friends I haven't seen in a while.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Dinner and drinks with a lady friend last night. Discussion turned to stock market and yearly bonuses. Her bonus is larger than my salary. Lordy did she suddenly look gorgeous and not at all annoying,
In what industry / profession does she work?
I have some old friends who work in different finance jobs, they're skewed view of money and compensation always shocked me.

roflbox

roflborx
Jan 23, 2017
Raleigh, NC

Flying down to Hermosa Beach for a friends wedding. Not a fan of flying nor much of a fan of SoCal, but it will be nice to escape the gloom for a few days and hang with some friends I haven't seen in a while.
:shocked:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
that sounds like the kind of house that would go great with a nice hoppy IPA and a handlebar moustache.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

i used to live in hermosa. i enjoyed it greatly as a young lad fresh out of college.

barnacles is the best dive bar in town.

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
Seems like the perfect day to leave work early and go play in the new snow. Snowmobile groomers have already been out in my town, so I will go and try to ride them later on this afternoon. If they are too soft, I will ski 'em.

Heading down to the big city of Portland tomorrow to stand in line for beer. It is my birthday Sunday and this is my present to myself.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
In what industry / profession does she work?
I have some old friends who work in different finance jobs, they're skewed view of money and compensation always shocked me.
She recently landed a exec level HR position.:fie:

I've known her since she graduated from college, she talks about work all the time. I can't recall a single major accomplishment she was directly responsible for. She is a smart cookie, her father was an Admiral in the Navy and Chief something or other for several companies. She was groomed for such a role her whole life. But this just confirms my belief that executive leadership in American corporate world is more about performance art than actual accomplishments. You just have to confidently use a lot of fancy words to say little to nothing while taking credit for what those around you do.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Seems like the perfect day to leave work early and go play in the new snow. Snowmobile groomers have already been out in my town, so I will go and try to ride them later on this afternoon. If they are too soft, I will ski 'em.

Heading down to the big city of Portland tomorrow to stand in line for beer. It is my birthday Sunday and this is my present to myself.
portland is a cool town.

i should move to maine.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I ran out of FTS on Tuesday, getting through today without insulting anyone at work might be tough.
Impossibru!

She is a smart cookie, her father was an Admiral in the Navy and Chief something or other for several companies. She was groomed for such a role her whole life. But this just confirms my belief that executive leadership in American corporate world is more about performance art than actual accomplishments.
Meritocracy works in fairly narrow bands.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO

If she likes angry sex youre set!!!

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
good morning vietmonkeenam or something.
Iyengar yoga last night has me feeling like this chair i sit in all week is trying to kill me. shit aint gonna happen.
spending the weekend with the lady & her girls. skiing with them mañana. stoked for that.

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Wife came home from a successful business trip to Mexico. Looks like they may have gotten that division of the company back on track. Great to have her back home.
moving fat loads of charlie & stacking bands #EricsWifesABaller

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
NC can now go back to normal - UNC/Duke Round 1 is in the books. We can now begin speaking to friends, family and spouses with a gentle tone again.....until Round 2 in March. Then, we're total assholes to each other.
bunniesweed.jpg

Ahhh... the siren song of the sugar-momma. You should consult with @eric strt6.

But this just confirms my belief that executive leadership in American corporate world is more about performance art than actual accomplishments. You just have to confidently use a lot of fancy words to say little to nothing while taking credit for what those around you do.
Yup. Leadership in the corporate world, from my limited experience, is really, really poor.

spending the weekend with the lady & her girls. skiing with them mañana. stoked for that.
Eldora? Please tell me it's not gonna be at Eldora. :disgust1: :D

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Ahhh... the siren song of the sugar-momma. You should consult with @eric strt6.

Yup. Leadership in the corporate world, from my limited experience, is really, really poor.

Depends on the company. The pharma-corp I worked for had some pretty good leaders. You had to demonstrate excellence in the trenches in at least 3 different roles before you could even get a low level manager job. Then be great in an additional 3 roles before bumping again.

In theory our plant manager could have done anyone's job on the whole site.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
<snip> demonstrate excellence in the trenches in at least 3 different roles before you could even get a low level manager job.
Heh - in IT, generally anyone that demonstrates excellence in 3 different roles doesn't want anything to do with management. At least in my experience. So senior management promotes not-so-excellent people into management. And since that's how the senior managers got to where they are, I guess maybe it seems normal to them.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
Can ski free anywhere in the state thats not Vail owned and spend 90% of my time at Eldora. :rolleyes:
It was a skating rink last time I was there & windy af. not fun with 7 6-8 y/os that all wanted to ski the big mountain all day. >.<
Did you break the news to them that there *was* no "big mountain" at Eldora?

You gotta get to 'em early, man!

:D