Quantcast

¤/// Friday GMT \\\¤

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
She recently landed a exec level HR position.:fie:

I've known her since she graduated from college, she talks about work all the time. I can't recall a single major accomplishment she was directly responsible for. She is a smart cookie, her father was an Admiral in the Navy and Chief something or other for several companies. She was groomed for such a role her whole life. But this just confirms my belief that executive leadership in American corporate world is more about performance art than actual accomplishments. You just have to confidently use a lot of fancy words to say little to nothing while taking credit for what those around you do.
I mean, look at GE. It's like the farm system for failing executives. Jeff Immelt presided over one of the worst period of performance in GE's lengthy history, culminating of discussion of it's removal from the Dow Index of which it is the only remaining company from the original 12. He got the boot, landed softly with a $211M golden parachute, and was hired months later as CEO of Athena Healthcare. You couldn't make this shit up.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Just submitted another paper. For the morbidly curious, this one is on p-hacking, the practice of manipulation of p-values to be publishable even though the underlying data are weak, basically.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Just submitted another paper. For the morbidly curious, this one is on p-hacking, the practice of manipulation of p-values to be publishable even though the underlying data are weak, basically.
How do you manipulate p-values? Incorrect transformations or excluding data that doesn't support your conclusion?

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
FACSINATING!

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
How do you manipulate p-values? Incorrect transformations or excluding data that doesn't support your conclusion?
To quote myself:

"Techniques that may be employed to massage p-values under this threshold include selective reporting of analyses for multiple dependent variables without correcting for multiple comparisons, post hoc subgroup analysis, and inclusion or exclusion of data after the fact such that the outcomes are influenced"

Based on the pictures on the News. I believe that DN's landlord/roommate is the Toronto Serial Killer. Not positive. But pretty sure.... I have lost contact with DN a while ago. I am positive that the house is DN's. The video of the Police parked in front of the Garage is definitely DN's house.
Wao...

just got my offer. It's officially FUCK YOU FRIDAY
Score... remember to tell your current boss to stop coming in late...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
To quote myself:

"Techniques that may be employed to massage p-values under this threshold include selective reporting of analyses for multiple dependent variables without correcting for multiple comparisons, post hoc subgroup analysis, and inclusion or exclusion of data after the fact such that the outcomes are influenced"

When I massage my p-values in public I get arrested.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
My boss likes to drop subgroups so that the data passes normalization tests and we get more stars. It seems like cheating but our data won't pass normality otherwise and you can't compare via Anova otherwise

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
My boss likes to drop subgroups so that the data passes normalization tests and we get more stars. It seems like cheating but our data won't pass normality otherwise and you can't compare via Anova otherwise
Have you notified your boss that you got dropped off his subgroup?

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
I had a long break between pickups today and there is a regional park entrance next to the VA Hospital where my next pickup was going to be. I parked the short bus and went hiking. I discovered that they have opened up a 3 mile long single track connector between Del Valle and Sycamore Grove parks...I think I will be doing a long loop into the two parks tomorrow.