Quantcast

¥£¥£¥£¥£ HBD FRIDAY OMG GMT €%€%€%€%!

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
18 mile MTB at the Kingdom Trail yesterday! :weee: More of the same the next three days. The weather here is looking beautiful through the weekend but back home it's all rain. We picked a good weekend to come.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
crushed a stack of pancakes at pauls pancake parlor in missoula....

fuck i need a nap.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

I'm done with this week. Gonna burn 1/2 sick time for a mental health day and take the afternoon off.

Rain all weekend, guess I'll stay inside and put up some crown molding.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Really read skin where I got the kill sun damaged skin cells treatment but to be expected.

On a positive not I had a good meeting today over coffee and came back and found a job that was worth applying for and a second that might be relevant but company located far away.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
unless you have kids.

oh man, so yesterday was quite an adventure. Boy 1 was feeling under the weather with a low-grade fever and nasty cough. we let him stay home, and he mostly spent the day in bed, no biggie. Thursday is ride night, but it was also "meet the teacher" night at both boys' schools. at the same time. so no riding for me. luckily the schools are only a 5-minute drive apart. My oldest has joined the drama program, and my wife didn't get to see the school last year (he had started in middle school), so we went together and brought our youngest with us. we met the drama teacher, the home room teacher, and the resource teacher (she helps him deal with/overcome his ADHD).

Next we zipped over to the new school for the younger boy. This is a new school for him as he's in a special program for kids with learning disabilities. It's been a bit of an up and down ride so far this year - the school is in a very 'underprivileged' part of town, and there's some pretty rough kids there. Our boy can be pretty sensitive, and has been pretty shocked by the language and attitudes in the school yard... so far he's learned the N-word and the C-word, and been told that two men can't be dads, and gender diversity is wrong. Which doesn't compute for him since our immediate neighbours are two dads, and one of their children has decided they are non-binary and wants to be referred to as they. Several of my wife's best friends are also same sex couples and have kids. He's grown up in this reality, and it is entirely normal for him so it was a bit of a culture shock for him at the new school. we were a bit concerned that it might have been a good fit for him, but the teacher reassured us that he's doing well in class, seems to be getting along well with the other kids, and most importantly seems to be working hard and learning well. She even commented on the incongruity of her observations vs his report card last year, which seem to concern a different child almost. This confirmed our suspicions that his teacher last year is a fucking useless idiot who doesn't give a rats ass about his students.

So against that backdrop, we get home, and our oldest (he'll be 13 in a month) comes into our room crying, complaining he can't breath. So off to the children's hospital he goes with my wife. Turns out it was an asthma attack brought on by a viral infection. They were almost out the door at around 2:30 am, but then he vomited all over the place, so they sent him for chest/stomach x-rays... which found nothing, so they were sent home and got here at around 4:40 am.

Parenting sure is grand.... Luckily I have a 'boys weekend' at a friend's cottage this weekend to recover!

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Internal meeting that I did zero prep work for because I was too busy doing actual work (whatever) my fts with work is bordering apathy levels.

I also have an interview today. It's with the Director of Financial Planning at my friend's firm. Assuming I don't fuck this up, I'll be flying out to KC in a week or two for another to meet the company president.

Then it's to the track to drop the kart and do a bit of work on the motor.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
A guy at my team said to me he talked to another department head and they commented with "oh no they are going to break another one" which seems like a red flag.

On the good side a local pumptrack got lighting so I will check it out today before it's cold AF at night here.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
singing in the rain....

coin flip...

trout creek or flathead llake.....

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
All contemporary motor vehicles are PsITA.
Seriously, and everyone's doing it. All these fancy key fobs that must communicate with the vehicle, MB headquarters, and Carl Benz through the spirit portal before authorizing the vehicle to start, all in the name of "security". :rolleyes:

All that additional cost absorbed by the consumer under the guise of preventing something that The Club is just as effective at.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
mercedes van

when did this happen....
Eh, we’ve had the Sprinter since 2019, I think? It’s a Dodge-badged 2004 we bought from a friend of a friend who did a super simple camper conversion on it. It’s not super at all fancy compared to most #vanlife builds, but it’s a heck of a lot fancier than tent camping.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Seriously, and everyone's doing it. All these fancy key fobs that must communicate with the vehicle, MB headquarters, and Carl Benz through the spirit portal before authorizing the vehicle to start, all in the name of "security". :rolleyes:

All that additional cost absorbed by the consumer under the guise of preventing something that The Club is just as effective at.
And to think I was pissed it cost me $28 for a passenger door handle with the same key as my back door. :rofl:

I still have a separate key for the RV side door, but I will go keypad on that eventually.