Quantcast

¥£¥£¥£¥£ HBD FRIDAY OMG GMT €%€%€%€%!

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Fair.

Still ridiculous, and frustrating. And we don’t even have a “fob” thinger, I think that’s the price for just a standard “stick it in the hole” sort of key.
I'm no expert on sticking things in holes, and maybe you've already tried... but I think some locksmiths offer key cutting and programming services or even some small shops. Not sure how it works, but I lost the spare key for my Toyota once - my shop purchased an unprogrammed key from the dealer and then programmed it themselves. Ended up costing somewhere around $50-70.

coolstorybro; I lost the damn key again about a month later in the snow at a trailhead, which got plowed the day after. Never did find it, despite looking multiple times. :banghead:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Not sure how it works, but I lost the spare key for my Toyota once - my shop purchased an unprogrammed key from the dealer and then programmed it themselves. Ended up costing somewhere around $50-70.
Works the same way with a Mercedes, just costs you more than 10 times as much. Probably made by the same supplier.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
I did some internetting this morning, and there are quite a few threads in the T1N forum over on Sprinter Source that basically say you can get a non-manufacturer key to work in a T1N. You can buy a blank with an empty RFID chip in it, and many (some?) automotive lockmiths will have a machine that "clones" the chip in an existing key to the new key's RFID chip.

It also seems like different cloning methods work better than others, and that it could be somewhat risky if it's not done right. Meaning it could basically shut the engine off and put the whole van into a lock mode that can only be undone by pulling the computer and "flashing" it i.e. reprogramming it from the ground up.

I called a locksmith here in town, and he said no fucking way that it ever works ever and he won't even try, not with anything Mercedes. Might just be that I need to find a locksmith that's done it before... and maybe calling some Sprinter-focused mechanics can help locate someone.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Internal meeting was a waste of time. It was a training for the RFPs that I've started doing. I just used my pitch for the RFP that I'm actively doing. Zero feedback because they had nothing to add, since it's just been dialed by another person on their team. Waste of 2hrs.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Internal meeting was a waste of time. It was a training for the RFPs that I've started doing. I just used my pitch for the RFP that I'm actively doing. Zero feedback because they had nothing to add, since it's just been dialed by another person on their team. Waste of 2hrs.
:stosh:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
rode 25 miles. decided i need to pull the trigger on new bibs before next weekend's century. current ones seem to be wearing and giving me saddle sores.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
rode 25 miles. decided i need to pull the trigger on new bibs before next weekend's century. current ones seem to be wearing and giving me saddle sores.
Haven't really ridden the roadbike since I moved here as even with dedicated bike lanes riding in city traffic sucks. Now there is a good 40 mile loop of dedicated pathway that I have resurected the old machine. Forgot how much I liked being able to fill the gaps when I can't make it out to proper dirt. Only real problem is the trails are busy with a menagerie of dipshits, from people walking 7 abreast to weirdos on e-fatbikes who can't go in a straighter line than Ted Kennedy driving home from the country club. Had to go full stoppie yesterday when someone's toddler from an adjacent sidewalk darted out in front of me.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
A flock of little birds swooped over my car at a red light and dropped turd all over.

Great aim and coverage, I must say.

Also didn't know that bird poo can be blue?

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Haven't really ridden the roadbike since I moved here as even with dedicated bike lanes riding in city traffic sucks. Now there is a good 40 mile loop of dedicated pathway that I have resurected the old machine. Forgot how much I liked being able to fill the gaps when I can't make it out to proper dirt. Only real problem is the trails are busy with a menagerie of dipshits, from people walking 7 abreast to weirdos on e-fatbikes who can't go in a straighter line than Ted Kennedy driving home from the country club. Had to go full stoppie yesterday when someone's toddler from an adjacent sidewalk darted out in front of me.
Pathways are great, but yeah they are a magnet for dog walkers, grumpy people and weirdos. There's no winning with them - ring a bell as you approach from behind and they'll look at you like they own and paved the path themselves. Or if I say "howdy, gonna pass on your left" - they more often than not freak out and jump left. So I find it much more enjoyable to just blow by them in silence - by the time they double clutch their pumpkin spiced latte in shock, I'm already long gone. :rofl:

Or I love the aggressive dogs not on a leash... And the dogs on those retractable leashes, which are hell to avoid...

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Multi use paths like that are good for going slow on, not good for getting anywhere quickly or safely.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Built many feets of trail in the wood for a ridiculous amount of money.

$printer is in the shop.
Two TPMS
Inner and outer tie rods, left side
Alignment
Oil change
One glow plug

Will probably cost a ludicrous amount of money

I need to build more trails.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
The local flock of dirt roadies like to do training laps on the dirt road around the lake which is multi-use. I think it's both hilarious and pathetic that they all wear their racer boy onesies and ride as fast as they can. No trail etiquette at all with those clowns.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
The wife is out of town and she joked about me ordering pizza. So I decided to get pizza from a joint I haven't been to in forever, so see how bad it might be. It's a dive bar with a NASCAR theme, but for some reason they manage to do some really good Italian food there. Or they used to, I could be disappointed. It's Friday.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
The local flock of dirt roadies like to do training laps on the dirt road around the lake which is multi-use. I think it's both hilarious and pathetic that they all wear their racer boy onesies and ride as fast as they can. No trail etiquette at all with those clowns.

When you have swarms of people on ebikes, monowheels, electric scooters, and electric skateboards, people actually pedaling is the least of your worries.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I appreciate the fact that by the sun setting in the west, you can literally see the geese going south as it starts to cool off :rofl:
Man, when they fly over the house in flocks of 100 of them, it sounds like a squad of bagpipes going down the street.

And the poop....

Luckily they aren't on shore tonight, so I don't have to deal with 50 dickheads chirping for my spot.