Quantcast

°•○● Monday GMT ●○•°

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Oh, hello.
Last minute visit from a good friend resulted in good times and capped with some stellar skiing yesterday.

Lots of work to do today. Go get'em, champ.

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
Weekend was super sunny and warm for Maine in March. Rode some CX bikes on sloppy roads both days and finished my frame work for a bar I am building in the house. Hoping to cut up some stone to throw on top of it today at work. I want to sit and have a beer at it.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Did a bunch of Spring cleaning inside the house this weekend (organizing and tossing sh!t out). Since the snow has melted I was able to do a bunch of yard work and raking yesterday. However, I'm moving a little slow and my lower back is a bit sore this morning.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Just spent an hour searching for a 3 way switch I never knew existed so I could turn the basement lights on. Potential buyer must have flipped it and left it. Jerk.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Hello.

It is still raining here, from Friday. I think I will take a bike out for a ride tonight; there should be little to no moving pylons on the town paths with this weather. And its warm, so must take advantage.

Woke up at 3:30 this morning and could not get back to sleep. So I naturally pulled up Subaru's car builder priced out a base STi.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
In Chicago. The O Hare train station stinks like century old urinals. Fog but no snow here which is nice.
i like detroits airport....la guardia was ok....i try to avoid layovers in atlanta and chicago.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. I have Haley solo for the week, which I totally forgot about. Got to ride Hall Ranch for the first time with some new folks on Saturday. That was a shit ton of fun. In the process of re-grouting one of the bathrooms, I highly do not recommend. Even using a shop vac as I'm dremmeling the grout, there is dust everywhere. And Layla is peeing on the carpet upstairs again. So yeah...

But at least Haley went to sleep easily last night. She fell asleep in the cart at the store and was so out that she had no idea how she got home or into bed. That little girl was exhausted.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Wet and cold weekend with the grandkid, much fun was had. Saturday was a movie at the local ghetto theater with the worlds most annoying neighbor kid, then went to the grocery store then home. On the way home the wife said "why the hell would people do this at our age?". I have several friends who either keep having kids, or decided to finally have them at 40+. I love this little guy, but I can only take him in small doses. This is why grandpa drinks.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Here. I have Haley solo for the week, which I totally forgot about. Got to ride Hall Ranch for the first time with some new folks on Saturday. That was a shit ton of fun. In the process of re-grouting one of the bathrooms, I highly do not recommend. Even using a shop vac as I'm dremmeling the grout, there is dust everywhere. And Layla is peeing on the carpet upstairs again. So yeah...

But at least Haley went to sleep easily last night. She fell asleep in the cart at the store and was so out that she had no idea how she got home or into bed. That little girl was exhausted.
You clearly ignored my Saturday GMT questioning as to if it was you at Hall!

Wife was convinved, the wookie beard confused my simple brain. She actually recognized your manual style as you went downhill past us. :D

@Nick appears to have reverted to summer avatar, right as two snow storms are about to dump this week. Blame him from now on CO monkies, not my early snow tyre change.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning. Enjoying some coffee and a day reassessing priorities at home with my girls. Oldest is home due to a conference day at her school and youngest has the flu so I get to take some time and actually see my kids and my house for the first time in weeks (Musical productions eat every minute of the day and I am glad ours is over).

On the agenda for today - Enjoy coffee in PJs while listening to the rain (check); re-read and edit letter of resignation (check); update resume (check); laundry (a never ending work in progress); surf the monkey (question why I don't build more time in my day for this--check); begin job search & freak out at the lack of local prospects (check)
Next up....taxes! I'll be doing my own this year. Anything better than Turbo Tax?

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
You clearly ignored my Saturday GMT questioning as to if it was you at Hall!

Wife was convinved, the wookie beard confused my simple brain. She actually recognized your manual style as you went downhill past us. :D
I didn't read over the weekend, but that was likely me though. My manually wookie style... I'm assuming that was up towards the top then?

Also, it sounds like you're the canary now? Because my snows are still on.

edit: How did she recognize my manual style? Is it that bizarre? Or just because it was a giant, bearded guy doing it? I ask because I didn't have a beard when we all rode together last.

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
raining. still hate my job. wolfgang seems to have his butt issues sorted, and is free to roam the house again more or less. out of coffee at work, drinking tea. dentist appointment this afternoon.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
$600!!! I was sticker shocked at $300. How much do you itemize?
We have tax losses on trades, Wifey has her side business, etc. Last year and the year prior with K1s were almost $1600, so I'll take this as beneficial. They also track my tax losses on trades and expensing of company costs too, so that saves me a headache. At the end of the day, I have saved more money every year I have gone with them vs. when I cross check on TT. Cost is totally worth it to me.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
We have tax losses on trades, Wifey has her side business, etc. Last year and the year prior with K1s were almost $1600, so I'll take this as beneficial. They also track my tax losses on trades and expensing of company costs too, so that saves me a headache. At the end of the day, I have saved more money every year I have gone with them vs. when I cross check on TT. Cost is totally worth it to me.
do you go to ///Monocle Taxes and Associates?