Quantcast

° °° °°° Turd Derp GMT °° ° °°°

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
40 minute drive to el aeropuerto took 90. Busted ads to get to the gate and made it just in time for a 30m delay. :rant:
They let you bring and adz through security? Maybe they knew it was shitty and easy to break.

Also, security in Denver is the worst.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
As much as I hate working in this area, its freakin' amazeballs for car sightings with all the monocle money floating around.

Went to bestbuy and saw a CLS63 AMGs, Bentley SUV, Audi RS5 and a Volvo V60 Polestar wagon in the parking lot. Having an M3 or some sort of Audi is so pleb.

wanttttttttt....

Some dude at work has one of those, followed him out of the lot last night. He certainly did not buy it just for the looks. He was practically sideways merging into traffic.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
As much as I hate working in this area, its freakin' amazeballs for car sightings with all the monocle money floating around.

Went to bestbuy and saw a CLS63 AMGs, Bentley SUV, Audi RS5 and a Volvo V60 Polestar wagon in the parking lot. Having an M3 or some sort of Audi is so pleb.

wanttttttttt....
Wasn't @stoney looking at the Polestar?

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Looking at yes. Being able to get one? No. That's $50k of car, used Even if I sell the M and the Subie, I'm only clearing $30k-ish. I'm not taking on any more debt for another car.
I'd never heard of it until you mentioned it. With this weather, I was looking at R32 Skylines this week. $16k for an AWD twin turbo with 75k miles on a 25 year old car. :panic:

Not sure I can shift left handed, though.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I'd never heard of it until you mentioned it. With this weather, I was looking at R32 Skylines this week. $16k for an AWD twin turbo with 75k miles on a 25 year old car. :panic:

Japan has really strict inspection laws. No matter the age, cars pretty much have to be in like new condition. The only reason they can be had for lower prices is that the cars need more work than they are worth.

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
It finally rained last last night. Couldn’t be happier about it. Because solstice bonfire in my yard. Longer days here we come.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Japan has really strict inspection laws. No matter the age, cars pretty much have to be in like new condition. The only reason they can be had for lower prices is that the cars need more work than they are worth.
I was really surprised to see a couple very clean ones for under $20k. I also didn't know they came in NA, still about 300hp, but without the added plumbing.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado

Just no. Drive the vette until it dies. Get a WRX to commute in of you really want to go that route. Don't buy a money sink. Trust me on this. I have one I am ready to part with, don't buy one.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I volunteered for a charity event. I have never been treated so poorly at a charity event I got paid for, let alone one I volunteered for. I did lights, sound, video, and recorded it.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I volunteered for a charity event. I have never been treated so poorly at a charity event I got paid for, let alone one I volunteered for. I did lights, sound, video, and recorded it.

Was it for assholes anonymous?

Those guys are dicks.

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
I still need to build a "track organizer" for the Lil Man. Was looking to do some big PVC tubes for the track pieces (3 sizes) and a bin for the connectors and one for misc track parts. The hope is we can add "put track away" to the chore chart and we aren't searching for pieces every time we want to build something sweet.
I suspect this youtube has already been shown to the Lil Man, but just in case:

I got these RC cars for my 5 yo last Solstice and they are still going strong after 1 year with immediate and then sporadic use, would bang again:

https://www.amazon.com/Real-FX-Racing-Artificial-Intelligence/dp/B00IGNT3KQ
(my starter kit last year looked slightly different)
And then extra tracks:
https://www.amazon.com/Real-FX-Racing-Builder-Track/dp/B0125KUU8Y

Pyrotechnical aside: I spent many more childhood hours dripping burning bits of race track / dioxins on leaves in the woods than actually running cars on said tracks...

Last edited:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I was really surprised to see a couple very clean ones for under $20k. I also didn't know they came in NA, still about 300hp, but without the added plumbing.
just find a old ford thunderbird turbo coupe and just big fucking turbo that pinto motor until it blows....

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Just no. Drive the vette until it dies. Get a WRX to commute in of you really want to go that route. Don't buy a money sink. Trust me on this. I have one I am ready to part with, don't buy one.
I wouldn't, they are just fun to think about. A buddy said I can test drive his this spring just to give it a shot (his is a BEAST).

His GTR is at about 1200hp

Some people have entirely too much money. :rofl:

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
just find a old ford thunderbird turbo coupe and just big fucking turbo that pinto motor until it blows....

I was reading about that a while back, actually. I dated a chick in high school who's dad had a turbo Bird. I drove the sh!t out of that car every chance I had. It's also the same chassis as the fox body Mustang, so there are some sweet performance parts for it.

But I have a short list of Vette upgrades this winter that will really polish off my car and won't kill the budget.