Quantcast

-°-° Saturday GMT °-°-

We have a light fixture on the stairway wall between the first and second floor. The bulb burned out so I managed to get a ladder set up on the stairs. I was in the process of unfastening the globe, which slipped, bounced off my head, and shattered on the floor. Antique fixture, spiral patterned glass, availability of replacement unlikely. Not happy.

I have to help a friend move a box spring this morning. I'd like to move a box spring with her, but not in the fashion she's planning... Oh, well...

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
@Nick the permanent base treatment stuff arrived!

The main thing I am looking forward to today is Thai food tonight.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Funemplpyment is in full swing. Hope to head out to Cars and Coffee followed by the new Corvette exhibit at World of Speed this morning. I am trying to get a visit to Hotcake House for a shroom omelette, but that might be too much for one day.

The rain is not returning until after lunch, so with any luck there could be some incredible rides at C&C. I hope to take the pooch into the woods this afternoon if it isn't too wet.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Buddy tells me last night that his dog, which I’ve essentially known since she was a puppy, has cancer and the end is near. So looks like the wife and I are packing the truck up to go say bye. She’s only 5. :(

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
I think I forgot my damn winter gloves in a rental car Tuesday. Ruined my ride today and my mood and I hate shopping for winter gloves so difficult to find some that fit right and doesn't cost a fortune. My other lighter glove is totally blown too.

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
At a hockey tournament in Sun Valley. It is brown here, ZERO snow. Kiddo was goalie, opposing team had 40 shots on goal to our 4. We lost, but he put up a great fight...
I got a sister in sun valley ID. Ive only been twice and it was green and awesome. I wanna head back up there maybe this spring.
Coffee in the shed right now.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Sup... i smashed my hand three weeks ago when i crashed on my bicycle. Put the palm meat into a rock and exploded it. Fuck me it still hurts like crazy and seems to be as bad or worse everyday. The only bright side is that the weather has been shit. Well the weather is getting better. At the ortho doc the receptionist tried to screen me out as a drug seeker... telling me to just take advil and rest... I couldnt believe it. We are in a strange time.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Went for a ride, a rear spoke came unthreaded 15 minutes in, turned around to head home and mend it before trying again.

It shouldn't be 55F in early January at my house at 7500ft. Local trail is either possible death ice patches or moon dust...

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
took 7yo to rugby game. stood around in 20* temps for 2 hours. it was his first game. he has a lot to learn, and it was cold as fuck, but he ran and tackled like a champ.

tooled around the house for a while, then dropped him at a bday party and headed to lowes/beer run while teh wife took the 12yo and a friend to a movie. one more day of unseasonably temps, then back to 50s/60s.

still pondering new-to-me frame acquisition...

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hello, beautiful friends. Did the weekend chores this morning, then ventured out for a 7.5 mile run in some fuck-this-shit cold weather. 10 degrees with a -10 wind chill. At least the roads are clear.

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
But, he shows up at all the important events!

Hey @Montana rider, good seeing you here, any news about the Midgie?
I emailed the Midge yesterday but haven't heard back (yet.)

Last email I got said he's been in the weeds learning some webcoding for his free-tirement/fun-employed
resale shop in town.

232 messages since 2005? Im guessing this guy is a rare sighting.
I lurk for the MTB content -- not so much the Facebook aspect -- the skatalogical output is just a side benefit...

On that note though, I do have some monocle wok (personal good news) to share:

I am closing on two properties this month in Island Park ID, which is very close to my favorite riding in the Henrys Mountains west of West Yellowstone, which was on @TreeSaw's tour last summer.

One (tiny) cabin is in Macks Inn and will be a Yellowstone summer rental but it is winter-friendly re: family fatbiking and XC skiing in Harriman State Park, which is part of a 200 mile fatbike sufferfest this weekend:

http://fatpursuit.com/

ETA Vimeo of the locale in wintertime:

Breeder content: the rental is also a stone's throw from the terminus of Big Springs National Recreation Water Trail: a lazy family friendly three-hour float (4.5 mile) through beautiful scenery originating just outside Yellowstone...

After we get it fixed up, the rental should cover costs of the summer-only (at this point) family cabin in the woods with Yale Creek running through it and only 10 minutes away from "new to me" epic biking in the Southern Centennials (Keg Springs CDT local loop FTW...)

So @StiHacka @johnbryanpeters @Pesqueeb @Serial Midget, and other traveling monkeys I'll have plenty of room for anyone who wants to explore the high alpine singletrack goodness and/or Yellowstone.

SWMT/NEID Monkeyfest Part Duh in 2018...

Last edited: