Quantcast

¿¿¿Tuesday GMT¿¿¿

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
back at the grind. 4 day week at least.

went for a trail run yesterday. not as badly out of shape as i thought, but i did manage to compress my ankle or something. seems to happen every time i start running again after a long time off from it. not painful, just annoying.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Nothing new. I ran out of time to finish The Stand before my library checkout ended. 3/4 of the way through be book and there is a 3-person waitlist. Damn.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Hi.
Things have really sucked for the past 4-5 days.
A friend up in Vail called me to come ski for a day, get out of town, etc. I did.

One shot of friend in the back bowls. As you can see, dealing with the crowds on a holiday weekend was ... something.

mongolia.jpg

Last edited:

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Waiting with bated breath here! We are 90% through with the purchase of a Sportsmobile!!! WOO HOO! The real question is how to get dude the money because he is in VA, we are in WA, and the van is in AK. So once we decide how to transfer the money and title, our bro in law will hang on to the van until we come pick it up in the early summer! Keep your fingers crossed kiddos!

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Waiting with bated breath here! We are 90% through with the purchase of a Sportsmobile!!! WOO HOO! The real question is how to get dude the money because he is in VA, we are in WA, and the van is in AK. So once we decide how to transfer the money and title, our bro in law will hang on to the van until we come pick it up in the early summer! Keep your fingers crossed kiddos!
a whatmobile?

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
Awesome! I'd love to pick up one of those. Is it all 4x4 converted too? Or just an interior conversion?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Are you guys going to live in it? Every van I see in Seattle has some creepy old heroine addict living in it. Rental property perhaps?

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
Saturday = snowshoe
Sunday & Monday = XC ski
Tuesday = :(

Finished rebuilding my bike and doing my taxes. Glad it's only a three day week for me, I'm taking off Friday to go ice climbing. :D

skibunny24

Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA

this is the beaut!
we'll convert the inside more VW Camper style so we can sleep 3.
still haven't heard back from teh dude yet!!

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Morning all.

Apparently missed the opportunity to get the bike I decided to get (Santa Cruz Nomad Carbon). Back to the drawing board.

Now thinking Intense Carbine, Specialized Enduro Comp, or Banshee Rune.

I don't know what I am doing anymore.

On another note, I am going to go see monster trucks this weekend. I haven't seen these things in person since I was a little kid. This should be entertaining.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Hi.
Things have really sucked for the past 4-5 days.
A friend up in Vail called me to come ski for a day, get out of town, etc. I did.

One shot of friend in the back bowls. As you can see, dealing with the crowds on a holiday weekend was ... something.

View attachment 113259
Srsly - this Prez w/e was *strange* up in the mountains... no crowds, nice snow. Drove back last night and there was bupkis for traffic. WTF?

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

I am in pain again, yay. Back issues have been giving me fits, doc says if I'm not square by then end of the week, he is ordering xrays.

<edit> But I got the stereo together in the daily driver and am happy with my sub $300 stereo. Although if I have to change out the deck, it will run the budget up a little.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=566758

Last edited:

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Afternoon.

Back home after our sh*tty vacation visiting my wife's family. Here's the recap...

-Flights cancelled on the way out due to east coast winter storm
-Couldn't fly out until the next day in the evening
-Wife got food poisoning and had to go to urgent care for some meds
-We thought my son had a bad cold so we took him to urgent care and he has RSV bronchitis
-On the way home our connecting flight gets cancelled and they had booked us on the flight out the next day
-We were able to get rerouted to Syracuse (1h 30m away) but that flight ended up being delayed 3hrs
-Luckly my wife's aunt picked us up in Syracuse and was able to drive us back home to Rochester
-Didn't get home until late last night so had to call into work today

Yeah... I now need a vacation after my vacation.

Last edited:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Baby-kins/monkey-kins has been deemed to be growing at an appropriate rate by the pediatrician, so we can now let her sleep 4 or even 5 hours at a stretch instead of waking her up every 3 hours to feed throughout the day and night.

Score.

skibunny24

Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Sorry Iceballz... my doctor just told me I need a green card. And that I can have that if I promise not to drink.... um, ok!