Quantcast

*¿?¡!>non-fuckit friday gmt<!¡?¿*

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
LOL. Right before closing the screen on my laptop last night I said to myself, "this thing better goto sleep and not die". I stupidly had a bunch of random things in unsaved, but open, text files. Yep, went to go return to what I was doing and the damn laptop refused to return from sleep.

Anyways, FRIDAY! Rain or shine, I'm riding tonight. And tomorrow. And Sunday.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hello, beautiful people. I brought a bag of this deliciousness into work today. My staff has already torn into them. They have good taste.

Last edited:

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
damn, I woke up at 12;30 am to the worst fucking thigh cramps. Gatoraid and ibuprofen helped but holy crap that was painful. I guess I rode too hard in the heat and did not drink enough yesterday. I think I will give the legs the night off from riding today.

Rear hub needs servicing anyways..

Moar Coffee plz

i want these

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. I think I might get a single speed cross bike for commuting. Just need to figure out if All City 52 cm is too big for me since they run large. My Klein way back in the day was a 52 cm, iirc, but apparently their 52 cm had 2" lower standover than All City.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Posting from bed, slept in today so I can maybe/maybe not be here when the appliance people deliver. They had the wrong phone number, so I corrected it yesterday, but they still never called to confirm delivery. Fuckers. Here’s to hoping they show up.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!

Nearly died on the commute in this morning when a guy in a jacked up truck decided to hit the brakes in the middle of a 4-lane highway at 75 miles per hour to whip it over to the exit he realized he was about to miss. Cars scattering everywhere faster than a Detroit cockroach. Code Brown, Captain! Code Brown! :panic:

Y'all have a great day, and don't be that guy.

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
Not sure if the rest of New England is as dry as we are up here in Maine, but the trails are super dusty and dry. Not that I am gonna complain about it. Will have to go ride them some moar this afternoon.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Mountains are all covered in snow, last day of DH for the season tomorrow may not happen :(

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
Have shitty, unridabru, unboosted aluminum bike frame replete with unrollable 26" hoops, unfathomably heavy alloy handlebar, non-range having 10 speed drivetrain in my car in hopes of an early escape from the gulag...Where's the fast forward button?

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
caught a glimpse of snow between the clouds over the high country. :stoked:
went to an OpenSnow event in Boulder last night. honeslty the highlight was the beer &free german food as it quickly turned into a commercial for Heli/Cat skiing ops. Cool eye candy none the less but I am on a hike it or shuttle it budget if I want some tasty BC.

roflbox

roflborx
Jan 23, 2017
Raleigh, NC
Have shitty, unridabru, unboosted aluminum bike frame replete with unrollable 26" hoops, unfathomably heavy alloy handlebar, non-range having 10 speed drivetrain in my car in hopes of an early escape from the gulag...Where's the fast forward button?

Related from recent events:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Was sick yesterday, still sick today. But it is my minions last day, so I wanted to say goodbye in person (because I'm not a complete asshole). But as soon as he shows, I'm ghost. It rained last night, supposed to rain more tomorrow, so very little will be getting done.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Morning Monkeys.

Was sick yesterday, still sick today. But it is my minions last day, so I wanted to say goodbye in person (because I'm not a complete asshole). But as soon as he shows, I'm ghost. It rained last night, supposed to rain more tomorrow, so very little will be getting done.
Give him a big sloppy kiss.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
good ride last night in very dry and dusty conditions. followed by beer in the parking lot; and wings, tacos and moar beer at the pub; and a scotch at home.

didn't sleep well (gee I wonder why?!)

It's been a very social Friday at work today. It's 11, and I'm only now getting to work. No bueno. I'm going to have to learn how to be productive in these open concept workspaces...

Have a good weekend everybody, hope you get out there to enjoy some dirt.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Slept 10 hours last night and I could definitely sleep another 3-4 for sure. Off the phones for most of today, which I'm stoked about. Just waiting to hear back from the deck contractor about the estimate. Whole bunch more people looking at the house today and this weekend. Looking ready to get this move done.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Good Morning!!

Nearly died on the commute in this morning when a guy in a jacked up truck decided to hit the brakes in the middle of a 4-lane highway at 75 miles per hour to whip it over to the exit he realized he was about to miss. Cars scattering everywhere faster than a Detroit cockroach. Code Brown, Captain! Code Brown! :panic:

Y'all have a great day, and don't be that guy.
Around here, that is the normal way people exit the freeway.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
went to an OpenSnow event in Boulder last night. honeslty the highlight was the beer &free german food as it quickly turned into a commercial for Heli/Cat skiing ops.
that's because it actually WAS a Heli/Cat ski marketing event.

Happy Friday, beautiful people.
Feels like I haven't slept in days, but getting out for a ride later.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
OMG.....I totally forgot to mention that I was awakened this morning 20 minutes before my alarm by a f'ing spider crawling across my chest!

You want coffee to wake up? ....It has NOTHING on that. Sprung up out of bed from a dead sleep and did the spider-willies dance - slapping all around at my head and chest. My right calf cramped up and I hopped around on one leg in the dark with the willies and a cellphone trying to spotlight that fvcker - he got away.

So....I'm probably going to just set my house on fire tonight. That's volumes of nope.

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
that's because it actually WAS a Heli/Cat ski marketing event.

Happy Friday, beautiful people.
Feels like I haven't slept in days, but getting out for a ride later.
lol...makes sense. food was good & added to the stoke. plus got to reconnect with another dirt bag skier pal.
totally wish i had the coin for a trip the interior BC. looked like the kinda terrain I like to run a train on.

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
OMG.....I totally forgot to mention that I was awakened this morning 20 minutes before my alarm by a f'ing spider crawling across my chest!

You want coffee to wake up? ....It has NOTHING on that. Sprung up out of bed from a dead sleep and did the spider-willies dance - slapping all around at my head and chest. My right calf cramped up and I hopped around on one leg in the dark with the willies and a cellphone trying to spotlight that fvcker - he got away.

So....I'm probably going to just set my house on fire tonight. That's volumes of nope.
Dude. burn it and move 3 states over.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Did a satisfying 9 miles post work yesterday. Pulled my BB apart and the bearings seem shot. It’s an external bearing BB, probably going to replace it.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Slept 10 hours last night and I could definitely sleep another 3-4 for sure. Off the phones for most of today, which I'm stoked about. Just waiting to hear back from the deck contractor about the estimate. Whole bunch more people looking at the house today and this weekend. Looking ready to get this move done.
YEAH! Fix is $3500 for the deck surface pull and joist replacement. This shouldn't be an issue as a concession, I don't think.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Around here, that is the normal way people exit the freeway.

Seattle has the exact opposite. This morning I was treated to being stuck behind a guy who came to a complete stop for a solid 30 seconds while trying to merge with no impinging traffic in sight. My commute home has a daily backup merging onto I-5 because despite have over a mile to merge into traffic, people will come to a complete stop and wait for a gap sufficiently large enough to accelerate to traffic spped at the very first 5 feet of the merge lane.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am

I catch spiders and take them outside. The only ones I kill are Black Widows.

Once while riding a seriously off-camber, rooty trail I had a spider crawl across my face and I couldn't let go of the bar to get it off.