Quantcast

¿?¿?¿? Yawn ¿?¿?¿?

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Anything after 5 days is basically free. This years been so fucking weird with the late snow, and then the days that have been powder days have either been holiday skiing or days I've been unable to go (Supposedly a good powder day coming tomorrow, and guess who has an oncologist appointment :rolleyes:) have just kind of sucked away my motivation/enthusiasm this year. Feels like I pissed away 500 bucks but I'm just not feeling it.
While not cheap, it seems like the best option. I told the wife I didn't miss boarding because at least on Mt Hood the conditions were 50/50 at best. It was $100 a day with gas and stuff with only a half chance of not totally sucking. My odds are better on the bike and that's when I decided where my money would go.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Im close to 2 years of WFH now. There was a 2 month stretch in the fall I was in the office part time. Now we're back to full remote work
:stupid: 2 years in March. We have been coming in Monday and Friday for a few months, but the return to office plan is on hold.

As long as I have to wear a mask while in office, it best not be more than 2 days a week. :shakefist:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
:stupid: 2 years in March. We have been coming in Monday and Friday for a few months, but the return to office plan is on hold.

As long as I have to wear a mask while in office, it best not be more than 2 days a week. :shakefist:
Most people were ignoring the corporate mandate and still worked from home anyways. I was only doing half days in office since my daughter's preschool was on the way, I could drop her off and pick her up

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Most people were ignoring the corporate mandate and still worked from home anyways. I was only doing half days in office since my daughter's preschool was on the way, I could drop her off and pick her up
I have my first in-person meeting since March 2020 next week. It's two special needs employees who need face-face assistance. I had to get director level approval for it too.

Company also just shut down all back to office plans indefinitely. All on-site meetings are to be cancelled unless we are contractually obligated and even then we have really substantial COVID protocols that must be followed.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Bear?! You eat bear? The one time I tasted it, it was gross...
Bear's flavor and texture, like most game, is highly dependent on what it eats. Bears that eat garbage taste like greasy shit, bears that eat berries and bugs taste like pork. Super delicious and in a lot of areas with overpopulation, ethical, meat.

This is actually good knowledge to file away in the back of your mind for later, as I'm sure the same principle applies to eating humans.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I'm not in a full day. My day is usually 6-2ish but now more like 8-noonish. I came in today vs Monday to get the tires on the wife's car (Costco is a mile from the office) and have a 1:30-2:30 meeting. That will be the longest day yet.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I'm not in a full day. My day is usually 6-2ish but now more like 8-noonish. I came in today vs Monday to get the tires on the wife's car (Costco is a mile from the office) and have a 1:30-2:30 meeting. That will be the longest day yet.
my workload is the same, i just don't go into the office.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Wow, I got a semi decent sleep night. Thank you edibles.

Woke up feeling good, but now I just feel like blah.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
I had a pretty delicious braunschweiger sandwich for lunch. I am afraid of what liver sausage farts are going to smell like.
I thought: WTF, liver? So looking it up it seems that in the US they call a different type of sausage Braunschweiger compared what the Germans do.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
my LL pass is already paid for.
Epic will be after travel.
I thought you were Ikon?

Walk through now followed by handing over a big fucking check in exchange for 30 years of indebtedness to the bank.
1641412620389.png

:fancy:

Im close to 2 years of WFH now. There was a 2 month stretch in the fall I was in the office part time. Now we're back to full remote work
I'm close to 5 years WFH now. When I started, I *did* go into the office regularly for about 3 months...

I decided to beat the system. I still come into work, but don't do a god damned thing.
I'm beating the system similarly... from my couch. :homer:

Soft win. Great snow, but high winds (70?) shut down lifts. I bailed. Much colds.
Fucking wind this year, amirite??

I had a pretty delicious braunschweiger sandwich for lunch. I am afraid of what liver sausage farts are going to smell like.
Bad. They're gonna smell bad. Real bad. Like "are you sure you're still alive" bad... :D

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Bear's flavor and texture, like most game, is highly dependent on what it eats. Bears that eat garbage taste like greasy shit, bears that eat berries and bugs taste like pork. Super delicious and in a lot of areas with overpopulation, ethical, meat.

This is actually good knowledge to file away in the back of your mind for later, as I'm sure the same principle applies to eating humans.
Every year I have most of my bear meat (Hams, Roasts, shoulders, stew meat) all corned and smoked. Literally the leanest meat I eat. So much that the butcher has to throw in some pork fat for the grind and sausage. The Hams and roasts are typically gone within a month. I cant help myself. The bears up here eat nothing but berries, legumes, Kokanee salmon and a ton of succulents.

In other news....

I decided to beat the system. I still come into work, but don't do a god damned thing.
March 1968:
05:30 – wake up, leave hootch, catch cab to depot,
05:40 sign in at operations room, go to my barge, shower, shave, + that bit, wake up Henry Catropa & Greg Carlson + McCulty + another cat, Carlson goes back to sleep because he’s got a King Kong Hangover from boozing it up with a bunch of Greek sailors, brew coffee on the space heater & drink a cup,
07:00 – go to breakfast, bacon, eggs, tomato juice, milk, fill my thermos with coffee, wander over to operations at
07:30, put up volleyball net, play ‘till
08:00, warm up boat [JBP note: Landing Craft, Mechanized, The LCM-6 is intended primarily for the transport of cargo and/or personnel from ship-to-ship and ship-to-shore. The craft is a 56-foot twin-screw, welded-steel craft with forward cargo well and bow ramp.] engines, [two Grey Marine 64HN9 supercharged diesels, 225 BHP apiece @ 2100 RPM], Carlson staggers over to boat clutching log book + moaning quietly,
08:10 – tie two sampans to back of boat (full of divers, two men pumping, one with a big brass helmet) + depart for Suyeong-gu harbor, drop divers off at sunken cargo barge, tie up at ammo pier (by myself, Carlson being asleep in lazarette), clamber over to the small tug [JBP note: U.S. Army "ST/RT" Small Harbor Tug #]2105 for coffee, kill time ‘till 11:00, lunchtime and it starts raining
11:30 work on various small stuff In the engine room,
13:30, leave pier, pick up divers at barge (Carlson is wandering around groggily) depart for shipyard
14:00 port engine drops 300 RPMs, coughs, smokes like hell, eventually gets going again. Carlson goes back to sleep. The rain starts to freeze, visibility two miles.
14:30 arrive shipyard, drop off divers, cold as hell & I’m all wet & have to keep the window open, else I can’t see. It’s now snowing.
14:45 get to MEB, fighting wind, finally get boat tied up, shut off, locked up, go to M&R to get some work orders filled out, stop in operations, sign up for an overnight pass, Check VSO for supplies, gallop on numb feet to barge, where Carlson is grimly slurping down coffee. Also the goddam crew is painting the bathroom so I can’t urinate. Take off wet clothes, do paperwork & horse around ‘til
15:45, change to civvies,
16:30 go to chow, sign out, catch bus to Beomjeon-dong

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Yes, some of them are talking about the possibilities of combining Hubble and Webb imagery. Sounds awesome.
Imagine if we spent our defence budgets on this sort of shit instead of killing each other.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Yes, some of them are talking about the possibilities of combining Hubble and Webb imagery. Sounds awesome.
Imagine if we spent our defence budgets on this sort of shit instead of killing each other.
Soend money on killing people by sending them to deep space. Two birds one very expensive stone.