Quantcast

ÅÆØ > Tuesday GTM on Fire > ÅØÆ

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
new clutch is...clutchy! took me a few lights to get used to how early it grabs again.

headed to durham for the next few days...not sure if bringing bike...

beer now...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
new clutch is...clutchy! took me a few lights to get used to how early it grabs again.

headed to durham for the next few days...not sure if bringing bike...

beer now...
How many miles? Never had to replace a clutch on the 5 MT cars I have owned. Need to get another two years out of my GTI, hopefully 175,000 miles.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
CO monkeys, question for ya.

Greenwood Village, CO?

Is that considered Denver Metro? Am I going to be shocked and appalled by housing prices?

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
How many miles? Never had to replace a clutch on the 5 MT cars I have owned. Need to get another two years out of my GTI, hopefully 175,000 miles.
Had the clutch replaced on the Subaru at 145K miles... and that was only because they had the engine out for the head gaskets (SURPRISE!!) and it was like an extra $200 in parts to put clutch/pressure plate/throwout bearing in at that time.

CO monkeys, question for ya.

Greenwood Village, CO?

Is that considered Denver Metro? Am I going to be shocked and appalled by housing prices?
Definitely Denver Metro - it's the heart of the Tech Center. Cherry Creek school district around there... so yeah - you'll probably be shocked and appalled by housing prices.

Fortunately, you can drive east (to the shitty edge of the metro area) if you're really concerned about housing prices.

Then again... you're coming from Portland... so maybe you won't be shocked?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Had the clutch replaced on the Subaru at 145K miles... and that was only because they had the engine out for the head gaskets (SURPRISE!!) and it was like an extra $200 in parts to put clutch/pressure plate/throwout bearing in at that time.

Definitely Denver Metro - it's the heart of the Tech Center. Cherry Creek school district around there... so yeah - you'll probably be shocked and appalled by housing prices.

Fortunately, you can drive east (to the shitty edge of the metro area) if you're really concerned about housing prices.

Well I've got 140K on it now. Keeping my fingers crossed for another 30K.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
30km on the bike path tonight; in shorts and in the pissing rain.

What a blast, even if it was on the donkey bike. I counted at least 8 deer on the trail, one of which was so close that I could see the pucker factor on its white tailed anus as I rounded the turn.

Donkey bike ride in five tens and Rasta socks. Haters gonna hate.

I need something warm to eat right meow.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR

Well, I am 40 minutes north of downtown in a 4/2.5 2500sqft @ $310k, about 30% cheaper than downtown and the like. Looking at Zillow doesn't look too bad. I just recall all that talk of $1M average Denver housing prices so I was bracing for $800k+ bungalows. :rofl:

<edit>
Aurora, CO 80013
3 beds 2 baths 1,883 sqft $275k "as is"

Last edited:

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Well, I am 40 minutes north of downtown in a 4/2.5 2500sqft @ $310k, about 30% cheaper than downtown and the like. Looking at Zillow doesn't look too bad. I just recall all that talk of $1M average Denver housing prices so I was bracing for $800k+ bungalows. :rofl:

<edit>
Aurora, CO 80013
3 beds 2 baths 1,883 sqft $275k "as is"
that's a bargain My house in Livermore Ca. 1700sq feet, 3 bdrm 2 bath on a 10,000 sq foot lot with attached 2 car garage would sell for $875,000 and be on the market for two to three days at the most

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
that's a bargain My house in Livermore Ca. 1700sq feet, 3 bdrm 2 bath on a 10,000 sq foot lot with attached 2 car garage would sell for $875,000 and be on the market for two to three days at the most

Have you figured in the devaluation from old man smell?

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
And it's in Livermore. :rofl:

I know how insane CA prices are, I will never move back there.