Quantcast

ÅåååååÅÅÅåå .... FRIDAY GTM ...... æææÆÆÆÆææææ

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Back from Amsterdam. Didn't do anything crazy but got to see so cool parts of town at a conference yesterday and hang out with my Dutch collogues who are also into bike riding. They also have Shimano as a client which is pretty cool but no discounted products, unfortunately :-)

Looking forward to the weekend and some bike riding!

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!

It's another beautiful Fall day.....we haven't had any rain in quite some time, so everything is bone-dry out there. I walked too fast across a carpet floor this morning and started a forest fire.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Wooooo Friday.

Getting the front brakes on my car done this morning, then work and then going riding tonight. Forgot my lights, so I guess I'll just have to leave work a little earlier. Oh well.

I sent out a feeler last night asking if anyone wanted to ride on this glorious long weekend but so far it has been silence and declines from the usual people's. I even dangled the carrot of two free lift passes for the local hill...:monkey:

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
Wife's birthday dinner was good. Made her a clone recipe of Chipotle's Tofu Sofritas. Tofu and chili peppers made for a few monster dumps so far today.

Might need to blow out of work early and ride in the daylight today. It is Friday after all and I can't remember where I left my last bag of F%^ks.

Dirtrider

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2006
Asheville, NC
Here. Yay for Friday. Going riding in the PNF tommorrow. Holly balls it's been dry though. Hopefully no dipshit camper or leaf peeper will have burned the forest down by then.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Ten bags 30 gallon bags later and I think I have all of the shit trucked out of my back yard. Now I just need to order up a few yards of fill dirt and top soil to do some leveling and grass seed planting.

Was hoping to go to Moab this weekend with @6thElement but it's Outerbike and the hordes of people are my personal hell. So I won't. :(

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Sittin' at the shop getting an oil change. Waiting impatiently for them to come tell me all the other critical repairs that need to be made. :mad:

I think a pre-lunch ride is in the cards today.

<snip>
Was hoping to go to Moab this weekend with @6thElement but it's Outerbike and the hordes of people are my personal hell. So I won't. :(
You know where you should go instead? GABF. :rofl:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Sittin' at the shop getting an oil change. Waiting impatiently for them to come tell me all the other critical repairs that need to be made. :mad:

I think a pre-lunch ride is in the cards today.

You know where you should go instead? GABF. :rofl:
What is this GABF you speak of? :confused:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
rode last night despite being tired and having a cough. seems to have cleared things out. despite waking up twice in the night, I slept better than the past five...

No riding for me this thanksgiving long weekend, but that suits me fine. I'm tired, and it's going to rain. I hope to leave the kids with their grandparents and get a good night's sleep at a hotel in Montreal... maybe catch a movie and go out for dinner.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. I am looking forward to this workweek being done!

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Family in town last nite & tonite. Beers downtown last night led to brussel sprouts & fries for dinner. now im starving.
hanging with my Gil-billie friends this weekend. shenanigans will ensue im sure.

Last edited:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Not sure how I feel about today just yet. I am having a positive outlook, because otherwise I might hurt someone. It's early yet, so if I make it to lunch, I will consider it a win. It was wicked cold this morning on the walkies, brrr.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Friend visiting from out of town. Trying to find a place to hike. Might be a week too late as snow and rain are in the forecast for a lot of the mountains. May have to drive a bit to find sun. Unfortunately the worlds most cheesy mountain town is having their Oktoberfest this weekend and I will avoid that traffic like the plague.

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Went for a ride last night and thought, huh, that went by quickly... so I checked the time, realized I cut the time it takes to do my favorite trail in half since the beginning of the summer! Just pedaling at a fun pace! I think that means my legs are in shape meow maybe?

Teacher in service day today. Taking the young lad to his favorite biking area to celebrate! He's been really good lately, after a troublesome time in 4th grade, so we took him out to the retro arcade last night. One of our favorite family spots. We had a killer time.

Happy Friday!

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Friend visiting from out of town. Trying to find a place to hike. Might be a week too late as snow and rain are in the forecast for a lot of the mountains. May have to drive a bit to find sun. Unfortunately the worlds most cheesy mountain town is having their Oktoberfest this weekend and I will avoid that traffic like the plague.
What kind of distance and elevation gain are you looking for?

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Went for a ride last night and thought, huh, that went by quickly... so I checked the time, realized I cut the time it takes to do my favorite trail in half since the beginning of the summer! Just pedaling at a fun pace! I think that means my legs are in shape meow maybe?

Teacher in service day today. Taking the young lad to his favorite biking area to celebrate! He's been really good lately, after a troublesome time in 4th grade, so we took him out to the retro arcade last night. One of our favorite family spots. We had a killer time.

Happy Friday!
I need an in service day -__-
and a bike ride.

KenW449

Thanos did nothing wrong
Jun 13, 2017
Floating down the whiskey river...
Still sunny in South Az

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Been sick as a dog all week. I've not been able to taste food for 3 days. Not had a drink all week. This sucks.

Will be taking an old neighbour friend out for a tour of the local trails this weekend. Much lung butter will be expelled.

On the brighter side, I received my super cool enduro-specific tube strap from Backcountry Research. Also, the pup has had a good week house-breaking wise. He's also clued into fetch... A little slow on the uptake, but he's becoming less of a PITA and more of a fun little dork to have around.