Quantcast

üüüüüüüü Tuesday GTM ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Dragged myself to the gym yesterday. I have been slacking and it was not super fun to get back again but once you get going everything is better. Will try to get back today too and then planning for a mtb ride on Thursday as we finally have some dryer weather.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Beware #CuntyHumblebrag

Been lamenting my recent slowing times on my favourite trails e.g. @ Waimapihi I am recently ~30 seconds slower over ~nine non-stop minutes vs. my all time PB, but I just happened to look times from this year only, and then end of last to check what I found.

My slowness excuse to myself is that the trails have been really overgrown for the last few months because we got lots of rain and lots of warm sun, and now also in the last few weeks things are getting super dusty and loose too, so both line of sight is bad and the trails feel really narrow, and front braking is basically a slide penalty. It’s been feeling like riding a dusty skinny a bit.

Anyway despite my self-criticism I am fairly happy to say that in fact I am currently emtb fastest this year and end of last on the Waimapihi emtb ttb ranks and real close to first on a few others too. Apparently I am not just projecting the trails are tougher to smash, they really are. That’s cheered me up a fair bit.

Last edited:

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
So my Poc Coron Mips arrived. Surprisingly well ventilated for a full on DH helmet. So far there is snow but if the weather is like last year I should get to wear it soon

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Coffee, meetings, snowblowing. Gotta get rhe driveway and cars cleared.

Slept like crap day 3. My mind needs to chill and quit hassling me with inane thoughts every couple of hours.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
What it be there, brothers and sisters. I ran an hour/8.5 miles on the office treadmill before work. I've got a bike "ramp test" later on the TrainerRoad, which is going to suck. The longest I've ever lasted is 22 minutes (TWSS), so my goal is to beat that today.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
What it be there, brothers and sisters. I ran an hour/8.5 miles on the office treadmill before work. I've got a bike "ramp test" later on the TrainerRoad, which is going to suck. The longest I've ever lasted is 22 minutes (TWSS), so my goal is to beat that today.
Good luck on the ramp! What is TWSS?

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
What did you guys who taught your kids early how to ski use? Wife wants to put the kiddo on planks, but I am totally clueless.

Lucky Bums Kids Beginner Snow Skis https://a.co/d/4Jq8wOq

Something like that a decent beginning set? We'd likely just be sending her down backyard hills, no ski areas for now.

@Toshi @stoney

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
What did you guys who taught your kids early how to ski use? Wife wants to put the kiddo on planks, but I am totally clueless.

Something like that a decent beginning set? We'd likely just be sending her down backyard hills, no ski areas for now.

@Toshi @stoney
Related: we have a bunch of kid ski stuff that you'd be welcome to if skiing becomes something you decide to get into. I'd have to dig around, but skis, boots, warmies, etc.

Lemme know if you are interested, and I'll let you know what we have.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

So a random cat has figured out they can come into the house for Mondays food. I found the bowl knocked off the table yesterday, then the walked in on it snaking last night. It got out before I got it. So I ordered a new microchip activated cat door that is supposed to work with Mondays chip. That's pretty bold of the cat to come across the bridge. We've had this setup for like 7 years without issues.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Morning Monkeys.

So a random cat has figured out they can come into the house for Mondays food. I found the bowl knocked off the table yesterday, then the walked in on it snaking last night. It got out before I got it. So I ordered a new microchip activated cat door that is supposed to work with Mondays chip. That's pretty bold of the cat to come across the bridge. We've had this setup for like 7 years without issues.
or....... next time you find it inside, lock the door before it can leave. boom free cat.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
or....... next time you find it inside, lock the door before it can leave. boom free cat.
That little bastard was fast. He was out the door before I got there. I'm guessing this is the same cat that cut Mondays ear. She hasn't had scraps in a while.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO

@Toshi @stoney
You know I’m no breeder, but all the friends I’ve had (outside of the Monkey) got stuff from Craig’s List. Search for “kid skis” or “toddler skis” and see what comes up. I can’t imagine it matters too much if you get the right side cut or rocker profile.

Found those lucky bums on CL here in CO, maybe you’ll see them near you?

https://denver.craigslist.org/spo/d/denver-toddlers-skis/7581098782.html

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001

@Toshi @stoney
I would not recommend those ones without real bindings. I did the Yuki ones on Amazon in 70 cm but they eventually fell apart (albeit after all 3 kids of mine went through them). Something like this would be good, see if you can find it or similar locally:

70 cm and real bindings is what you want for tiny humans. Then the smallest real set of boots are 14.5 Mondo Dalbellos afaik. So tiny. If they're a little big at first it won't really matter since they won't be carving it up at that age. Probably. :D

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
/me is in house at the hospital. Pancreatic cancer day as usual for Tuesdays, but a lighter list for that conference since the two main surgeons are at a conference in Vail, I believe. I won't complain.