Quantcast

----ȞȖɯрԀӘՂթ----

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Too early....
90 minutes sleep before up to oversee network maintenance.
I'd rather still be asleep.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Go home, you're not drunk enough.

I often find myself in similar late night situations. But instead of servers or other fidley software bullshit I work with big fucking machines that make shit. When in a pinch the solution is often getting a bigger hammer, a skill set to which I excel.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
It's Friday here. Long weekend created by some silly Catholic holiday. I hate my life so I will be climbing some shitty rocky mountains in horrible weather all weekend.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
I did not want to get up. coffee is not quite ready and I really need it. Pain in the ass week. My truck is still in the shop as the mechanic is chasing down an intermittent no start issue. The house had a wire short out in the wall.some where between the main panel and the back bedroom. Its cheaper to run a new wire than tear apart walls trying to find the short.

oh and it is supposed to be stupid hot from today until Monday, days in the 100s suck

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
My mega ride mission did not go quite as planned. When you randomly pick a day 4 weeks ago to set up a ride with your friends, you have no idea what the weather will give ya. We had temps in the 90's and piss poor air quality. Ozone levels were very high making it very hard to take in enough oxygen. We got 4 out of the 6 laps and still had a good time. Will get in all 6 sometime in the next few weeks on a nice 60 degree day. Still better than going into work.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

So I lied last week when I said I was going for my first ride in a month. That was actually yesterday. I slogged up Belcher Hill and it was a proper demonstration of what a land whale I am. A great reminder of why I love bicycles so much. On the plus side the downhill was killer and I didn't get poison ivy.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Worked all of yesterday then replaced the garage door seal and washed the wagon. I need to spend a cool day detailing, that car looks so good all cleaned up. Grilled dinner and a short ride. Ribs still hurt to pull/push on bar too much. Riding again tonight.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Morning! Oppressive heat was oppressive yesterday, today is going to be quite cooler and nicer. Gonna ride this afternoon a little, WFH should make the day pass a bit faster. Also, calls with headhunters make my head spin.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Woke up feeling fat. Proceeded to have a morning poop of epic proportions. Had to clean the toilet immediately afterwards.

Yossarian

Monkey Pimp
Jul 25, 2001
Aboard the Inchcliffe Castle
Got home from W last night and wanted some exercise. Went for an easy spin on the bike, with a mix of road and trail. Had a flat, which I think was caused by a mistimed up stairs ride, but the flat was sudden and catastrophic about 1/2 mile down the way. I guess it is possible that the tube was merely compromised until I hit a root and it finally gave way. Tube replaced on the trail and finished my ride home. Ate too much dinner and I am still fat.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Still solid FTS in place. Fixed a sprinkler and did yard work, getting the house ready for Haley's bday on Saturday. Wifey made it to rd 3 with the finance company and is going in today for a face-face.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning!! I finished 23/73 in my sprint triathlon last night. My swim is getting strong. The MTB has gotten faster. The run was a 94 degree sufferfest. :dead: I passed about a dozen people on the run though including a few guys I've never beaten before, so yay me.

Off to NAMBLAFest in the morning.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Proper ride with the lads last night, followed by beers and a giant burrito. Crashed a few weeks ago and am now sporting a C-cup sized hematoma on my thigh, which seems to be getting bigger. Ultrasound today to see what might be going on in there.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Proper ride with the lads last night, followed by beers and a giant burrito. Crashed a few weeks ago and am now sporting a C-cup sized hematoma on my thigh, which seems to be getting bigger. Ultrasound today to see what might be going on in there.
I saw someone got a flat. How does someone get a flat on Green Mountain?

Nevegals?

Ultrasounds are for babies, for the record. :homer:

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Took nerd-baby out for rocket launches this morning. Kept it up till the wind came up and we almost lost one in the fishing pond. Fun was had by all. Now I want to build more rockets. I've been hauling these around since I moved out of my folks house. Knew I kept them for a reason. :think:

We also peddled up to the frozen yogurt place yesterday after dinner. I don't particularly like frozen yogurt, but it's close enough for a 9 year old to ride too.

I've had a few on my heart. Watching the heart work on the screen is really cool. Science!!
Heart and abdomen, on separate occasions. The abdominal one was cool too. I had a big "lump". Ultrasound just showed a big void. Doc stuck in a big needle and drained out a bunch of liquid. I watched it all on the screen. Equal parts neat, and horrifying.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Took nerd-baby out for rocket launches this morning. Kept it up till the wind came up and we almost lost one in the fishing pond. Fun was had by all. Now I want to build more rockets. I've been hauling these around since I moved out of my folks house. Knew I kept them for a reason. :think:
You *must* take her to this place then! The base visit was quite interesting, the museum has tons of fascinating stuff on display, the director was a very interesting guy to talk to; and we got to meet the uber-commander of the base, too.