Quantcast

\̅_̅/̷̚ʾ \̅_̅/̷̚ʾ Torsion free tues. GMT \̅_̅/̷̚ʾ \̅_̅/̷̚ʾ

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
We aren’t talking in any way about how shit the Dead May or May not have been. But they gave Owsley the opportunity to completely revolutionize live music and sound reinforcement. But it sounds like your biases have prevented you from knowing an important part of music and culture, (arguably) including every single band you like that uses a PA system.
And, more importantly, the ones you don’t.

Last edited:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
We aren’t talking in any way about how shit the Dead May or May not have been. But they gave Owsley the opportunity to completely revolutionize live music and sound reinforcement. But it sounds like your biases have prevented you from knowing an important part of music and culture, (arguably) including every single band you like that uses a PA system.
And, more importantly, the ones you don’t.

maxresdefault-395791281.jpg

If owsley was a genius he would have tied himself to a better band

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
:banghead:

When someone asks you to look into something, so you do and give a recommendation to not do it because reasons A, B, C etc. Then they turn around and decide to do it anyways. And its not even an IT thing, its an HR thing. CRIKEY

My current existence consists of making plans/recommendations as a subject matter expert to various organizations who largely refuse to follow any of it as doing this is hard, then asking me to fix the dumpster fire they lit after not following the recommendations I mode to avoid said dumpster fires.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
(And yes, you can thank Meyer Systems, and ultimately, the Grateful and Owsley)
No, you can thank all the work done on phased array antennas and the people who applied those theories to acoustics.

I believe Karl F. Braun is your man.

Last edited:

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
Sure, that’s a component, but Owsley (and one or two others) were the ones that actually built the damn things, hauled them around, tweaked them, fixed them, etc.
You know, doing the actual work.
2-300
nights a year, for many years . And kind of went broke doing it.

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Sure, that’s a component, but Owsley (and one or two others) were the ones that actually built the damn things, hauled them around, tweaked them, fixed them, etc.
You know, doing the actual work.
2-300
nights a year, for many years . And kind of went broke doing it.
Venues sound good today because of computer simulations, system identification algorithms and digital signal processing.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
And?
Do you know who pioneered that stuff into practical application?
There were a few competing groups, but the biggest gorilla in the commercial (and Symphony) space was Meyer Systems. (Late 70’s to current).

Last edited:

gonefirefightin

free wieners
I've spent far too much time reading and researching torsion free mounting for someone who will likely never need that knowledge.

Though keep us updated on the final design, I'd love to see where you land.
honestly Ive done the same and only see two viable methods. Pivot points or sprung capture. I could use either and be happy but my meddling wants to create crazy articulations and capabilities. I’m starting to go down the rabbit hole of alloy properties inside CAD aided AI structural engineering test through stress modeling. It probably won’t go anywhere but I enjoy the process.

Last edited:

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Sounds like a reminder of “Keep It Simple, Stupid” might be in order here if you want to drive it to Argentina.
Ironically I thought that as well until I came across several dudes that broke their shit in a third world country because they didn’t consider the terrain and roads was actually worse than the states. Luckily nobody got hurt but could be bad.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
My current existence consists of making plans/recommendations as a subject matter expert to various organizations who largely refuse to follow any of it as doing this is hard, then asking me to fix the dumpster fire they lit after not following the recommendations I mode to avoid said dumpster fires.
I also love being asked (or finding...) to look at things and put forth recommendations on how to fix issues, "make it work better/properly" etc etc. So you give them those and let them run with it for a while.

Then come back a month later only to discover they haven't even considered what you put forth and are wondering why something still doesn't work properly. :banghead:

I just saw this, this morning. An IT person opened a ticket about something not working, which relates to what I told them a month or two ago. :rofl: I'll let them figure it out..