Quantcast

~~π~~ Steve Smith Day GMT ~~π~~

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
OK. Headed to the Lewis & Clarks caverns for an early season ride with @Montana rider. TakIng the hard tail because @Nick 's friends at Rocking Mounts have failed to ship my swing away hitch mount bike rack on the date promised. Bikes and bike accessories is hard. :monkey:

Enjoy your workday unless yesterday was your Friday. :)

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning. I am registered for a duathlon Sunday (2 mile run, 10 mile bike, 3.1 mile run) and there is a spring Nor'easter barreling down on us. High probability of "torrential rain" Sunday...up to four inches of it. FTS.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Just noticed it's "Ride your Bike or Walk to School" day, as I drove by 2 schools...:D Meh, kiddos walk to school or ride EVERY day.

Successful "Hulk Smash" session at BMX track last night, happy to be back on flats. Kid #1 seemed to be getting back in teh groove as well. Go on the 1st beep!

FYI, for those wondering (or not), Pedaling Innovations flats seemed to do the jorb. felt pretty comfortable balancing with huge platforms as well as J hopping and (semi) manualing. Maybe it's an illusion due to better fitness and time on trail and DJ bike before track time?

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

I used my chainsaw last night, does that count?

In what may be a perfect metaphor for my job, I was giving a presentation yesterday in which I had illustrated what the cell layout might look like, replete with stick figure people. Someone pointed out that the long-haired stick figure wasn't wearing a hair net in the clean room. Everyone laughed except me. I should have walked out.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
happy this was not about that douche that played for the panthers....

Yossarian

Monkey Pimp
Jul 25, 2001
Aboard the Inchcliffe Castle
last night was a bummer that turned out alright. I forgot some key elements of my riding gear, so ended up having to take the train home, instead of riding. Bummer. When I get to the train station, the northbound track has a dead train in it. Double bummer.Took longer to get home on the train than it would have if I rode. Triple bummer.The night did end with the wife and I engaged in happy naked fun time, so all is good. :banana:

I am all geared up for the ride home tonight. Now I just need to better define some print graphic needs for one client and start dissecting a print graphic overlay on another client's set. I will be happy when this NBA season is over.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Not too shabby today, but rain starts tomorrow and through the weekend. Reminds me of a joke I heard when I first moved here. "What do you call 2 continuous days of rain in Portland? A weekend." :rimshot:

@Adventurous that sucks. I just have people trying to toss me under a bus all day because I call them on their sh!t.

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
Cold in Denmark spring is off to a very slow start. Finally got around ordering a Danish phone number.
Pocketing "ordering a Danish phone number" for some future Urban Dictionary-worthy act.

Having the same Spring back home so you're not missing anything.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Had Haley's kindergarten orientation last night. Talking to the principal, it sounds like she will be getting put into accelerated learning (GATE) for some subjects, notably math and writing. They are expecting most kids to come in learning sounds of letters with basic letter and number understanding. She is already writing, figuring out spelling of words by sound, can do basic addition of anything in the teen + single digit (and some multiple) range, and we started working on subtraction over the weekend. One of the other kids (Emily) from Primrose is also going to be in her class and it sounds like she will be on the same track. We (both parents) were discussing with the teacher and principal how she and Emily were arguing over whether Pluto is a dwarf planet or even a planet at all and they were a bit taken aback. I'm glad the ~$1300/m we've spent for the last three years has paid off, as that's a major drag on lifestyle and savings.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
@stoney got your package, thanks! haven't had the opportunity yet to use it, but will on short order.

also gonna try to get that fork packed & shipped this week.
Works for me. Test the hotness before you go all-in, it can be shockingly hot.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Politely explain to one of my staff that they need to curtail the loud mumbling in the open cubicle farm. Five minutes later, loud mumbling ensues.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
there is nothing better than watching someone lose their shit in the dmv all due to the fact they did not remove their beats ear muffs and did not hear their number called...

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
Last night's bike shenanigans were a great success. Finally got to ride a local trail I located during the winter. It was steeeeeep and barely a tire wide in lots of places. I'm happy I didn't take a sled ride down the hillside into piles of poison oak.

It was getting dark and I had to crank up the ISO on the GoPro so the footy is grainy. It's not as bad if you watch in HD.

Dirt Jump session on tap for tonight. Beers in the cooler. We will pour some out in your memory Stevie.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
got home last night and the hood smelled of smoke. House across the street from the one i share a back fence with burned. Good thing it was a hot day and I had the windows shut or our house would have stunk. damage was limited at the hose that burned because we are only 200 yards from our local fire station.

same od shit on the work front.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Hope won't cover the warranty on the axle because I don't have proof of purchase - I bought it new from a shop on eBay, which they don't recognize. Hopefully I can source a steel axle, otherwise I'm in need of a new, new rear wheel. The Yeti will be down for at least another 1-2 weeks and the ht is looking like at least another week.

At least I get to go up to Golden this week and say 'hi' to @Nick to get some stoppers for the ht.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Hope won't cover the warranty on the axle because I don't have proof of purchase - I bought it new from a shop on eBay, which they don't recognize. Hopefully I can source a steel axle, otherwise I'm in need of a new, new rear wheel. The Yeti will be down for at least another 1-2 weeks and the ht is looking like at least another week.

At least I get to go up to Golden this week and say 'hi' to @Nick to get some stoppers for the ht.
That's balls. My hubs are at least 7 years old and they didn't even question sending the axle to me. I even offered to pay...