Quantcast

ϨΔЂЏГԃДЎ Ѭ

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Great start to the day. Our over complicated dual flush toilet stopped flushing. No, shitter wasn't clogged. Did some fiddling and poking and eventually it started to flush with authority after removing the plunger assembly and seating it down again.

Now I can poop.

Then coffee and maybe some bikes?

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
if you are at or around the same elevation as squaw mountain lookout....i've seen videos of the breeze blowing there....
I have a clear line to it out my windows as I sit here, but from memory Squaw is about 11,300ft, we're at just under 7,500ft.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Gotta finish packing the bike and send it to one patient monkey. Not sure if riding today, weather is rather not pleasant.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Yet another wet and windy day. Would be a great day for being hungover but alas I feel great other than cabin fever. Perhaps day drinking is in order.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Indeed windy on the drive up. Working from Comp Center today because my shoulder hurts like hell. Was installing the new skid plates on the Subaru yesterday and one of the bolts let lose hard while I was pushing with my hurt arm; didn't feel good at all.

Saw a woman that was a doppelganger for my long-term girlfriend in college. We both did a double-take so there's a chance it was her, but she's RICH so she likely wouldn't come to WP.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Windy as hell here as well. Did a short gravel ride because all trails are like swamps from the recent rain. Did nearly get blown off the road once because of gusty wind.

Great wingdings BTW!

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
One of the presents I bought for wifey for festivus was a SRAM XG-1195 11 speed X01 cassette purchased from Amazon, somehow coming from their UK Global Store which made it a bunch cheaper.

It finally turned up today, the package sounded like a bag of bolts, not a one piece XD cassette.
Open the package, clearly it's a return item from someone else, but still an X01 box.
Open the SRAM box, it has their cheap PG1130 cassette in it.

Someone has scammed Amazon by returning the shitty cassette in the X01 box, then Amazon has scammed me by sending a return item as new with the wrong item in it...

Now I have to post it back to the UK and still don't have the cassette for the wife's bike.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
One of the presents I bought for wifey for festivus was a SRAM XG-1195 11 speed X01 cassette purchased from Amazon, somehow coming from their UK Global Store which made it a bunch cheaper.

It finally turned up today, the package sounded like a bag of bolts, not a one piece XD cassette.
Open the package, clearly it's a return item from someone else, but still an X01 box.

Someone has scammed Amazon by returning the shitty cassette in the X01 box, then Amazon has scammed me by sending a return item as new with the wrong item in it...

Now I have to post it back to the UK and still don't have the cassette for the wife's bike.
That's what you get for running sram

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!

In my experience, all "amazon warehouse" deals are bad items in original packaging. I was burned twice, not gonna fall for this scam again.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Hatch chile enchiladas for dinner. :drool:

Was going to get a bed for my guest room. Decided to go Ron Swanson and just make my own from some hardware store red oak. Looks better, will last forever and cost half as much as what I could have bought. Built it high enough to stuff some large storage totes underneath.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Major score on today's ride I had dismounted for a hike a bike section and just happened to look over the trail edge. About 10 feet down I saw a dirty nylon case sticking out from under some brush so I went down and got it. They sell online for around $200

IMG_20200201_203350137.jpg
IMG_20200201_203407028.jpg