Quantcast

သူကပြောတယ်စနေနေ့ gmt

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Big group ride today. Good thing I fell asleep at 4am!

Exactly one year since I separated my left shoulder. So naturally we're going back to the same trail and going to crush it.

But first, bacon and coffee!

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
WC DH, WC football, F1 qualies, TDF and a day of DH to keep me entertained.

Dirtrider

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2006
Asheville, NC
Had ride planned to test out new Double Barrel IL, however rain has other plans. Meh, supposed to dry up and be in the upper 70s and low humidity starting this afternoon through early week. Glad I took a few days off.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
I have had a good week of riding but now I need a rest for couple of days. I am going to find something long to climb on Monday and attempt to keep up with the LBS semi weekly ride on Thursday. This weekend will be the start of our interior painting project. Have fun on teh trails.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Air fryer home fries this morning were fantastic. Watched the world cup DH from the valley of the sun. Weather is glorious. Upper 70s, no humidity, slight breeze, and bluebird skies. Today's plans have changed from yard work to riding.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
I lied, I got semi motivated and went for a really flat easy spin of 16 miles on the road bike. No pain or swelling in my calf but I have it up and iced right now anyways. Saw a really cool King Snake on the bike path on the way back in to the house

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Bong/Ride/Beer
Bong/Beer/Bong

It’s stupid hot. Facebook is reminding me of ex-girlfriends and old bike rides. I’m going to go find a building to jump off.
Find a building to throw facebook off instead.

I did a lot of nothing so far today - re-greased BB bearings, painted a window sill, drank a juicy IPA from Cackalacka du Nord. A shitshow ride with Sandwich and Woody incoming.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Been doing the domestic work and now drinking a caffeinated beverage. Highly anticipating a trail building session this morning. Cause the morning ain't even over yet.. Also the carnitas tacos were tasty, especially when eating them in an apple orchard.

Currently working on this flat-ish trail that will bypass a big climb and give access to some of the fun bits. Luckily the Fahrenheit's are lower than was forecast.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
So lasts nights ride didn't go so good Washed out in a dry, Sandy berm and landed on my head. Helmet got crushed. I think im lucky I didn't break my neck. Sore today, but not so bad that I couldn't take my 5 year old and his buddy biking.

Picture of the helmet :

Last edited:

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
So lasts nights ride didn't go so good Washed out in a dry, Sandy berm and landed on my head. Helmet got crushed. I think im lucky I didn't break my neck. Sore today, but not so bad that I couldn't take my 5 year old and his buddy biking.

Picture of the helmet :
helmet did its job, prevented you from being drooling fool in a wheelchair Drink a beer and hold a toast for that helmet

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
Did you buy any arts & crafts? The kind with seashells, driftwood and burlap?
No no no. It wasn’t a flee market. Was a junk swap. I was looking for tools, old cool antiques, and anything awesome. All I got was some “snaps” and “chickens blowing balloons” fireworks for my kids. Well and a coffee and walk.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons

Picture of the helmet :
Just curious, did you land backwards?

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego

Picture of the helmet :
Dam.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning. I begrudgingly rolled out of bed at 6:15 this morning and rode 75 miles on the tri bike. After being hotter than Satan's farts this week, this morning was downright cold for the first five miles of the ride.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
After getting knocked out twice road racing and once for two hours mountain biking solo (all wearing a helmet) and destroying 4 other helmets in crashes or hitting low tree branches I never ride without a helmet no matter how hot or easy or short a ride is. You get one brain, new helmets can be bought.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
helmet did its job, prevented you from being drooling fool in a wheelchair Drink a beer and hold a toast for that helmet
This. So much this. I am eternally grateful, and will highly recommend Kali helmets henceforth.
Just curious, did you land backwards?
best I can tell, I washed out on the inside of the berm, at which point I must have hit a tree or rock or something and tomahawked otb, landing straight on the top of my head, and then folded over and dragged the back of my head on the ground. It was the very last berm, not ten feet from the end of the trail..

Last edited:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Cherry Creek art festival, as Wifey has a booth for work. Then off to Volvo to see about a test drive of the Polestar.
Did you drive one? Ruby Hill was a bust. Crowded, both with little kids skidding on the jump line and old men casing them. Mariko was whiny then apparently got sick from the heat and puked once. At least Yuna had a good time.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Got a flat a quarter of the way into my ride and had to walk out. Ordering güp, and possibly a new tire in a heavier casing. Might also try different sealant. Turns out it was all dried out.