Quantcast

-{||— F R I D A Y —||}-

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all

Dropping off a kid at horsie camp, riding White Ranch, doing a noon lecture for the residents (in my riding outfit), coming home, then reading a half day of cases from home after unloading le bike.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
hello

digging out my mtb supplies for monkeyfest. gotta get a battery for my generic amazon lights. Anybody replaced their magicshine battery before? Looks like a generic 2.6mm female port but I've only used this light a couple of times and a whole new setup is the same cost as a battery pack alone (although the pack will be larger)

last day of work before vacation for a week. Looking forward to it

still fighting impetigo on the kid. @CrabJoe StretchPants how long did it take yours to clear up?

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Almost had to put a sweater on today, it was 6deg C in the workshop.
Had an easy day, bought some tools on company time.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
i started that the other weekend, but got maybe 20 minutes in before i decided it was bedtime. i liked what i saw. worth finishing?
Cuba spy-lady was the highlight for me. Ana De Arnas. Then she just disappeared from the movie/plot.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Last day in Spain. We are driving to Paris tomorrow. However the forecast is 40C/104F not ideal big city weather. May just have to walk around in swim wear and pour water on us to stay cool. If the hotel was refundable I would have changed plans.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Last day in Spain. We are driving to Paris tomorrow. However the forecast is 40C/104F not ideal big city weather. May just have to walk around in swim wear and pour water on us to stay cool. If the hotel was refundable I would have changed plans.
when i was in paris it was hot, but not that hot.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
sweatin' and drinkin'
that's how i got through yesterday evening without a/c.

thankfully it cooled off enough last night to open the windows and turn on the house fan. it was 68 inside when i woke up. my wife was complaining she was cold. i reminded her that last night she was complaining it was too hot and told her she can't be angry about both

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Yeah - drinking ice water through the warmest part of the afternoon really works well here. Cool things from the inside out.

thankfully it cooled off enough last night to open the windows and turn on the house fan. it was 68 inside when i woke up. my wife was complaining she was cold. i reminded her that last night she was complaining it was too hot and told her she can't be angry about both
Did she inform you that she most certainly *can* be angry about both? :homer:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Got the shower all finished up and took a good, well deserved one. Wife is happy about that, but I know it's only a matter of time until she asks when the rest of it is done. Soon, I shall say, soon.

Boss lady said she's going to have to classify me as a remote worker if I want to get an at home setup. Which will require me to give up my desk at the office. What a great tragedy that would be. :rofl:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
boss pushed my midyear review to next week. in part because i haven't finished myself eval quite yet, and in part because he's at the beach and didn't really feel like it.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
:wave:

Got the shower all finished up and took a good, well deserved one. Wife is happy about that, but I know it's only a matter of time until she asks when the rest of it is done. Soon, I shall say, soon.

Boss lady said she's going to have to classify me as a remote worker if I want to get an at home setup. Which will require me to give up my desk at the office. What a great tragedy that would be. :rofl:
read the terms of your remote work policy carefully. we have a guy that is fully remote in virginia. but he is required to be on-site once a month (or every other month?) if he wants to maintain his cube. or something like that.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado

Lolz. I feel your pain. Mine was complaining she was hot at 73, and cold at 71. I don't know how I'm supposed to work with that.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Went out to a party put on by one of Wifey's vendors last night. Made a new friend, who proactively found us before we left to make sure we had his card so that we could contact each other to hang out. Great fun was had heckling his colleague from TX who was full of bravado to eat a roasted jalapeno while, only to turn beet red and surrender after two bites. As I just chuckled while chomping through one as we discussed the difference of real Mexican food from growing up in SoCal vs. TX. Turns out he has a kid Haley's age, skis, MTBs, wife does a bunch of the same stuff Wifey does. Pretty clear he and I were both making the "our wives really need to meet" and "oh, we only live 10min apart" pitch - and Wifey was on board. :thumb:

Mine was due last week. I should start that.