Quantcast

“”///Thurpderpdeh\\\””””

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
What I first thought was covid I think is just early allergies due to the dry and hot spring.

Starting tile floor today in the last room in the basement and the two storage rooms are done so we can get all the crap back in there.

Basement tenant moving out so I can raise the rent a little due to the renovation and update the lease with payment for electricity as I now have a seperate meter on the apartment. Still sorry to see him go as he has been super easy and his mom paid for the rent and was always on time.

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
Stayed up watching the usmnt fall ass-first into qualifying for the kickball world cup with an 0-2 loss. So many good players on that team and they look like clowns 90% of the time

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Stayed up watching the usmnt fall ass-first into qualifying for the kickball world cup with an 0-2 loss. So many good players on that team and they look like clowns 90% of the time
A team of mediocre players that work well together can easily beat a team of incredible players that don't. That's pretty well established.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Indian food for dinner last night means ghost of Indian food this morning. Good thing I'm WFH, I don't think the open office is ready for this kind of collaboration.

I need to order a 30 or 40 yard dumpster. Got half a garage full of debris that needs to leave.

Last edited:

gonefirefightin

free wieners
swimmy, swammy, swan....... samsonite

Ordered another round of LED lights for the coach, also order a cute little pressure washer. Also starting to tackle the sound and entertainment system. 14 speakers in this coach will sound pretty good with some decent sets.

In other news....

got pulled over last night for doing a wheelie on the BMW heading back from dinner. The cop said it was very controlled and still under 25mph so he let me go.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
In an all hands meeting and our VP asks everyone to bring up any questions or concerns people have. Then people bring up their concerns and she just talks over them and dismisses their concerns. That's some quality leadership right there.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
finally some light at the end of the tunnel on the bathroom reno. tiling will be finished later today. should be all wrapped up (with the exception of the shower glass, which is custom) by late next week.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
In an all hands meeting and our VP asks everyone to bring up any questions or concerns people have. Then people bring up their concerns and she just talks over them and dismisses their concerns. That's some quality leadership right there.
I had a manager do that at an *exit* interview... I just told him I didn't care if he did anything about my "concerns" or not - it was just an attempt to be helpful. No need to make excuses/dismiss my observations.

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
That is my landlord(s) in a nutshell. Most contrarian psycho I have ever dealt with. But not for much longer.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I had a manager do that at an *exit* interview... I just told him I didn't care if he did anything about my "concerns" or not - it was just an attempt to be helpful. No need to make excuses/dismiss my observations.

The company is trying to switch management styles where they used to just openly dismiss any problems and concerns to pretending to care about problems and concerns.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
The company is trying to switch management styles where they used to just openly dismiss any problems and concerns to pretending to care about problems and concerns.
Don't worry, it won't be long before they'll bring in McKinsey to straighten things out. And by straighten things out I mean fire vocal underlings in the name of leaning out the organization and removing inefficiencies.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Don't worry, it won't be long before they'll bring in McKinsey to straighten things out. And by straighten things out I mean fire vocal underlings in the name of leaning out the organization and removing inefficiencies.

We are union so the vocal underlings just get transfered somewhere else. Actually it is a pretty good methodology for getting out of shit situations. Exactly how I got promoted off of my last nightmare project. I went to my boss with a pretty serious issue, he told me to ignore it because of the "bad optics", I immediately sent an email to the whole organization, got offered a new better position the following week.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
And in related news, the Aurora Borealis was visible last night in MT (not my pixels...)
Is there somewhere that predicts where it'll be visible? The Aurora is one thing I've always wanted to see, but have never had the previlige.

Maybe tonight I'll swing down by the lake where its dark, if its not cloudy.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
We've been doing this at my organization for the last 6 or 7 years. Frankly, I had more respect for management when they were open about not giving a shit. The whole pretending to care thing is definitely a trap set up to catch gullible rubes.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Is there somewhere that predicts where it'll be visible? The Aurora is one thing I've always wanted to see, but have never had the previlige.

Maybe tonight I'll swing down by the lake where its dark, if its not cloudy.
While I have not experienced the Aurora Borealis I have gotten to see the milky way and all the stars that you see in astronomy photos out on a bald on the AT. Only got to see it for a minute or so as it was windy and cold.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Of course there is.

While I have not experienced the Aurora Borealis I have gotten to see the milky way and all the stars that you see in astronomy photos out on a bald on the AT. Only got to see it for a minute or so as it was windy and cold.
I feel kinda bad... is seeing the Milky Way a rare occurrence out your way?

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
I have found that making yourself feel good about something while enacting zero net change is a very popular methodology in the United States
ftfy
coolest stars i've even seen were when i went to kenya and we were way out in the country with zero light pollution. pretty amazeballs.

plotting to keep fuckit friday in the hills intact. muhwahahahahaha.