Quantcast

•°÷ Friday GMT ÷°•

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Just shoveled a four car driveway in under ten minutes. There was about a foot of snow, but it's the most airy powder I've ever seen.

Last day of work for me until January 9th.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
well, yesterday was a shitshow. I took the day off in part to hang out with my wife with her broken leg, in part to recover from my broken night's sleep due to some idiot who called my work phone at 2:30 am (I'd never turned off the ringer since no one has my number...) followed by my youngest waking up at 4, and in part as I knew this would be my last chance to get out for a ride for the next couple of weeks given my wife is out of comission and the kids are out of school.

it was a great ride, until I got back to the car... I couldn't get in; fob wasn't working. So I used the key in the fob to open the car, but when I tried to start the car, all the indicator lights start flashing, the tach and speedo start waving like mad, but the car wouldn't start... some guy comes back from walking his dog and tries to boost the car to no avail. I try a hill-start (since I have a manual - 2013 CX-5), doesn't work. and now I'm sitting in a lane of traffic, during rush hour, with no hazards, while my wife is at home with a broken leg, and the kids have to be picked up within the hour... I call my brother, who miraculously was about 10 minutes from their school and can pick them up, I sign up for CAA (Canadian version of AAA), get a boost, and drive straight to Canadian Tire, whose garage is open till 9. A half hour later, I have a new battery, and can go home. Three hours after I finished my ride.

In french there's a saying: "jamais deux sans trois", which roughly translates to "shit happens in threes". So now I'm just hoping my son being sick is the third shitty thing, and we're good for a while.

I hope today is better. sheesh.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Power point hell is behind me. Today is the skills testing day. It should be a breeze but I always get stressed before it, possibly because pass and i get my Lic to practice as an EMT renewed, fail and i am out of a job.

:eek:

now to make some coffee

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Happy Friday and Merry Yule Logs! When I take the dog out for a dump this time of year I ask her if she needs to go drop some yule logs. Normally in the winter I ask her if she needs to make some steamers. During the summer, it is yard bombs.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!

Slept through the alarm. 20 minutes behind the rest of the world, but the highway was so desolate, I still made it to work on time. There's about 10 of us in the office - normally that number is about 75, so it's nothing but crickets around here. Hopefully, they'll be gracious and let us go home a little early today.

If you're out there shopping and mingling with the hordes...just be nice. Put a smile on your face, let that person in front of you who is trying to turn left out of that parking lot, say "thanks" and be cool to that grumpy lady at the register who really hates retail at Christmas. :cheers:

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
but the highway was so desolate, I still made it to work on time. T
Indeed. I swam 2800 yards before work (a longer swim, as they go), then stopped for a Starbuck, then stopped for gas before making the 35 mile drive into work. Normally those three things would make me late to work, but I clocked in right on time.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

5.5 hours more of work then I'm done for the year. Gotta bail after lunch and drive up to Fort Collins to pick up my repaired truck. A month and 10K later and it's all fixed up. Phew.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
The hordes are arriving for Christmas, gonna be a little bit of mayhem at the shop for the next two weeks. Supposed to snow for the next 5 days, which is good.
In other news, my V30 shipped!

Last edited:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
well, yesterday was a shitshow. I took the day off in part to hang out with my wife with her broken leg, in part to recover from my broken night's sleep due to some idiot who called my work phone at 2:30 am (I'd never turned off the ringer since no one has my number...) followed by my youngest waking up at 4, and in part as I knew this would be my last chance to get out for a ride for the next couple of weeks given my wife is out of comission and the kids are out of school.

it was a great ride, until I got back to the car... I couldn't get in; fob wasn't working. So I used the key in the fob to open the car, but when I tried to start the car, all the indicator lights start flashing, the tach and speedo start waving like mad, but the car wouldn't start... some guy comes back from walking his dog and tries to boost the car to no avail. I try a hill-start (since I have a manual - 2013 CX-5), doesn't work. and now I'm sitting in a lane of traffic, during rush hour, with no hazards, while my wife is at home with a broken leg, and the kids have to be picked up within the hour... I call my brother, who miraculously was about 10 minutes from their school and can pick them up, I sign up for CAA (Canadian version of AAA), get a boost, and drive straight to Canadian Tire, whose garage is open till 9. A half hour later, I have a new battery, and can go home. Three hours after I finished my ride.

In french there's a saying: "jamais deux sans trois", which roughly translates to "shit happens in threes". So now I'm just hoping my son being sick is the third shitty thing, and we're good for a while.

I hope you cut and pasted this from yesterday’s thread instead of typing it out anew.

:D

Unlike the rest of you all I go back to work next week. Working Tues-Sat. I did get this week off “for free”, without it counting against vacation, at least.

Today holds the prospect of me getting my phone battery replaced, perhaps.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp

Damn.

I hope you had a cold beer waiting at home after that.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Woke up to a few inches of snow on the car and it's still snowing outside. Currently at work looking forward to the three day weekend of hanging out with family and friends.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
oof my morning went crazy. 8am, wife is minutes away from leaving with the kids for daycare/work. there's a knock at the front door. son's therapists are there for his 6 month review. my wife is all WTF? she'd be emailing to schedule but they never confirmed so it wasn't on our calendar. needless to say i was late to work.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I hope you cut and pasted this from yesterday’s thread instead of typing it out anew.

:D

Unlike the rest of you all I go back to work next week. Working Tues-Sat. I did get this week off “for free”, without it counting against vacation, at least.

Today holds the prospect of me getting my phone battery replaced, perhaps.
yes. but I deleted that post caus' I thought it was in the secret santa thread?! I'm :confused:

:oops:

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
If you're out there shopping and mingling with the hordes...just be nice. Put a smile on your face, let that person in front of you who is trying to turn left out of that parking lot, say "thanks" and be cool to that grumpy lady at the register who really hates retail at Christmas. :cheers:
and if you are at WF dont be fucking shocked that it is gonna be shit show. this aint your first rodeo.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

I too slept through my alarm, only willingly. Today is a half day, so I only need to play nice until lunch, then off until Wednesday. I have a lot of crap to do today and not looking forward to most of it. I still don't know which awesome monkey sent me the epic SS gift box. My wife was even more excited than I was. "Now can you toss out some of your moar stained tshirts?" - the Wife (who constantly buys me LL Bean and Eddie Bauer tees that don't last a month) :rofl:

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
Every Friday is short day for me. Yesterday we had four broken water pipes. So gotta clean up the rest of that today. Then tacos, then shopping for girlfriend. Then the kids have a tea party with my mom. Then I’m gunna smoke some shed and drink some beers. So hoping my rebuilt fork shows up today, dumb blown pike bladder.

Wingnut

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2003
Sorry, I'm Canadian ..sorry...
Happy Friday.

Got Volun-told that I am the late shift guy. So I get to stay till close while I send everyone else home early... top it off with having to work tomorrow....

But, free pizza day!!

Meh.