Quantcast

••~~ not a gmt ~~••

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Lots of traveling and eating of good food over the past week. Two more airports over two more days and I'll be riding my bike. Good morning, dammit.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
WTF is wrong with spring this year. 8 days ago the mountains here had 2m of snow and they aren't even that tall. Now it's rain and 10c. Good thing I'm going to Cannes next monday. Maybe I will use the work trip to meet someone who will give me a new job where the VP doesn't have a personal vendetta gainst me.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
For the first time in several weeks there is no rain in the forecast for the next few days (but I'm sure that will change). Lake Ontario water levels are so high that it's causing some flooding issues. Most people can't put their boats in the water because the docks are under water.

Last edited:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
For the first time in several weeks there is no rain in the forecast for the new few days (but I'm sure that will change). Lake Ontario water levels are so high that it's causing some flooding issues. Most people can't put their boats in the water because the docks are under water.
I'll say. this is the bridge I take to get to my bike trails (and my wife takes to get to work):

Federal government buildings on that side of the river are closed today, and anyone who has to cross the bridges to get to work have been told to stay home.

The rapids have been pounding that bridge so hard, I'm honestly concerned it will wash away. But...that's a hydro station built in a waterfall. I would hope it was well engineered...

It's pretty bad here:

In other news, it's fucking cold here. It's snowing now. I had to bust out the tuque and gloves for my bike ride in this morning.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Got in almost 2 hrs of trail bike and dirt jumping in Thursday before it pissed down rain Fri - Sun here. Haus rearranging and shellacking lawn furniture in the garage (open doors most of teh time!) = my w/e. Maybe BMX practice tomorrow? Yay!

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
I'll say. this is the bridge I take to get to my bike trails (and my wife takes to get to work):

Federal government buildings on that side of the river are closed today, and anyone who has to cross the bridges to get to work have been told to stay home.

The rapids have been pounding that bridge so hard, I'm honestly concerned it will wash away. But...that's a hydro station built in a waterfall. I would hope it was well engineered...

It's pretty bad here:

In other news, it's fucking cold here. It's snowing now. I had to bust out the tuque and gloves for my bike ride in this morning.
Wow... I'd heard that it was pretty bad north of the boarder but damn that's crazy!

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Howdy all. I ate delicious Thai food last night (with leftovers to spare for breakfast and dinner today!). 8? interviews today. Something like that.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
No flooding here today. It is chilly, but the sun is shining brightly. Almost forgot what sunlight was, after 4 days of non-stop rain.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Got my regularly scheduled 1 on 1 with my boss this morning so we can talk about how I would "be a top performer at any other company" yet not here. I love that people who are trained to look at data in an objective fashion eschew that philosophy in favor of popularity and perception. Go team!

:thumbsdown:

Last edited:

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Tommorow night it will be -5C. WTF. 1m of snowfall overnight early may in the mountains is one thing but in -5C in the lowlands in May? Usually it's 25-30C. It's so cold I'm bound to have some people in my feed claim global warming isn't real because of that...

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Mornin!

Got my regularly scheduled 1 on 1 with my boss this morning so we can talk about how I would "be a top performer at any other company" yet not here. I love that people who are trained to look at data in an objective fashion eschew that philosophy in favor of popularity and perception. Go team!

:thumbsdown:
Spill the beans! You're personable and not all engineer-like in the sense of MMike… who are these popularity queen engineers?!

Yossarian

Monkey Pimp
Jul 25, 2001
Aboard the Inchcliffe Castle
Finished laying the floor and the trimwork install on my bathroom reno project this weekend. My hamstrings are killing me from all of the up and down. No ride for me today, shitty traffic to get into work. Should have taken the train, even without intending to ride home. Digging salt out of the earth.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Took Haley fishing yesterday for the first time and she caught a 6" sunfish which elated her. Family ride Saturday and errands/chores yesterday. I found a tag-along at Goodwill for $25 which Haley is ecstatic about. Once the hardtail gets rebuilt I'll have something to tow it with and we can get some longer rides.

Trying to get a camping trip scheduled for next month. I'll be taking some time off work for it and Wifey is hesitant in case we want to go back to CA. I'm thinking that I should just schedule it and pay for the site so she has to deal with it. Not sure if she would join for 3 days of fishing, biking, and hiking though.

@jonKranked has an old fork lying around that will be the replacement front-end of the ht, that plus brakes from @Nick and a few other miscellaneous parts and I should have it up and running soon. I'll be changing it to a 1x9 setup, so that's the expensive part. I'm deciding whether I should get a dropper post for it, as it will be used primarily for our Backcountry which is super punchy but buff single track. Still waiting for an axle from Hope for the Yeti though...

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
@jonKranked has an old fork lying around that will be the replacement front-end of the ht, that plus brakes from @Nick and a few other miscellaneous parts and I should have it up and running soon. I'll be changing it to a 1x9 setup, so that's the expensive part. I'm deciding whether I should get a dropper post for it, as it will be used primarily for our Backcountry which is super punchy but buff single track. Still waiting for an axle from Hope for the Yeti though...
what else do you need?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
NW ring, single ring guide (not DH), EC44 lower HS cup (email out to CC for bearings), looking for 27.2 dropper.
i've probably got enough parts to throw together some manner of guide for you. what elements are you looking for? upper? lower? bash? mounting style?

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
NW ring, single ring guide (not DH), EC44 lower HS cup (email out to CC for bearings), looking for 27.2 dropper.
Easy enough to get those from ebay, I just swapped the lower on my wife's trail bike. If you need a 9 speed Der I have a short/med or long in the parts box.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I have a brand new CC ec44 Forty lower for you, ordered wrong part. Shop cost. BOOM.
Let me see what CC says about a replacement bearing, as I have an email out to them. Most likely yes unless they can take care of me.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Easy enough to get those from ebay, I just swapped the lower on my wife's trail bike. If you need a 9 speed Der I have a short/med or long in the parts box.
I have a 3x9 currently, but with the trails this will be used on, I don't need anything that complex or as wide of a range.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Lots of sun this weekend and got a couple solid laps around the hood on the jumper with the pooch. I have to say this leash rig is pretty awesome. Having a smart dog that listens somewhat seems like a requirement. Her spacing is near perfect and she can straight haul ass if you let her. The wife was doing research and it seems Ridgebacks are known to be runners. My Rottie wasn't much of a runner other than short distance, but I've never been a runner, either. Abbey has energetic bursts, but is still pretty chill 75% of the time.

There is also a funk in my garage that has gone into the house and I can't seem to locate it. I went through the garage this weekend and didn't find the source or any solid suspects minus the motos. So it seems I will rent a storage space for a month and relocate everything there and see if I can isolate it then. Playing "find the smell" is not a game I have played since my single days. :rofl:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Spill the beans! You're personable and not all engineer-like in the sense of MMike… who are these popularity queen engineers?!
Thinker vs. Doer

I'm solidly in the thinker category. I like to apply numbers to decisions and where the numbers don't make sense, unless there is a compelling reason otherwise, it's not an effort that makes sense to pursue in my eyes. Sometimes doing nothing is every bit as valuable as doing something. The perception is that I don't get stuff done because I have demonstrated that it is not beneficial to do so, thereby creating the perception that I'm not someone who gets stuff done. The company values people who get stuff done, even if its spending $100 to save $50. I can't reconcile that approach and it seems like neither can they.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Thinker vs. Doer

I'm solidly in the thinker category. I like to apply numbers to decisions and where the numbers don't make sense, unless there is a compelling reason otherwise, it's not an effort that makes sense to pursue in my eyes. Sometimes doing nothing is every bit as valuable as doing something. The perception is that I don't get stuff done because I have demonstrated that it is not beneficial to do so, thereby creating the perception that I'm not someone who gets stuff done. The company values people who get stuff done, even if its spending $100 to save $50. I can't reconcile that approach and it seems like neither can they.
you'd fit in great at my company