Quantcast

••~~ not a gmt ~~••

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Rode this evening. Felt like I am growing back some of the muscles that disappeared during the prolonged oval chainring experiment. Now I have to ride moar.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Just built up wifey's new (to her) bike. She is beyond excited. Crazy deal, it's a cannondale Trigger that was only parking lot ridden before being sold at a $5300 discount. I have always been Leary of cdales proprietary stuff, but she demoed this bike last year and was ecstatic about it. It weighs 23 pounds with 70/140mm of travel, should be perfect for her. Talk about all new standards...

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I have been cooking leaks and ramps all day. My house smells like BO. I got 50/60 humongous ramp bulbs. I brined them in cider vinegar and sea salt. I found a patch of white asparagus. Blanched and brined them also. I am going to poach my trouts in the left over liquid. Brownies are this way...

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Just built up wifey's new (to her) bike. She is beyond excited. Crazy deal, it's a cannondale Trigger that was only parking lot ridden before being sold at a $5300 discount. I have always been Leary of cdales proprietary stuff, but she demoed this bike last year and was ecstatic about it. It weighs 23 pounds with 70/140mm of travel, should be perfect for her.
That seems awfully... unbalanced.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
No, it's got a switch (trigger) that changes both f&r from 70mm to 140mm and vice versa. It's pretty trick. The thing is, she hates buttons knobs and switches, so it will probably stay in one or the other whatever she is riding...
I like her style... :D

If she's anything like my wife - she'll put it in the 70mm mode and keep it there.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
i know front range/deeper hills trails and all, but eff your CO monkey weather for real.

If she's anything like my wife - she'll put it in the 70mm mode and keep it there.
there's a no context thread for this...

one more day of hanging with 400+ colleagues from all over the country in NY, then headed home. after this weekend, moar free time, moar beer, moar riding

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
As Hans and Franz said: "we will pump you up".

Kick ass spin session had my legs burning by the end..seriously pumped up my 60 yr old legs in the process.

In retrospect I can't remember ever having trained this hard just for the hell (health?) of it in my life.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I shall not be taking the Seattle job even if it ends up being offered. Would be way too much time in the car in god forsaken traffic, and too much isolation at each individual site even for my tastes.

:nonocat.gif:

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Pics or it didn't happen...
:fie:

How do you even fix hail dents in an airplane? Big vacuum thingie?
Generally speaking, they either get left after somebody way smarter than me determines they don't effect airworthiness, or it gets re-skinned and the "softer" parts get replaced. I spent a goodly portion of last july/august counting dents and replacing flight surfaces. :twitch:

Or sometimes, a fella gets really lucky and the aircraft gets condemned, and this happens:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
As Hans and Franz said: "we will pump you up".

Kick ass spin session had my legs burning by the end..seriously pumped up my 60 yr old legs in the process.

In retrospect I can't remember ever having trained this hard just for the hell (health?) of it in my life.

i know who is getting lady bic razors for christmas...

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
:fie:

Generally speaking, they either get left after somebody way smarter than me determines they don't effect airworthiness, or it gets re-skinned and the "softer" parts get replaced. I spent a goodly portion of last july/august counting dents and replacing flight surfaces. :twitch:

Or sometimes, a fella gets really lucky and the aircraft gets condemned, and this happens:
does everyone in the hangar get a turn?

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
i know front range/deeper hills trails and all, but eff your CO monkey weather for real.
This is why I clean the garage out for summer and park two cars inside. Cleaning off snow is annoying; repairing cars is painful.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Got wonderfully lost yesterday, rode a bunch of the Arizona Trail plus a side trip down Walnut Canyon. Now heading to Antelope Canyon and it's raining.
I thought you were in New Mexico?! How long's the drive? One of my most vivid mountain bike memories is the AZ trail from Aspen Corner back towards town in Flagstaff. Such a ridiculously good section of trail.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Wearing new underwear, today, with a different cut than I'm accustomed to. It's like wearing a new deodorant; nobody notices as much as you do, but you'd swear they all can tell.