Quantcast

<~•~>No hike Tuesday<~•~>

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Up stupid early, so I went into the office stupid early. I've been the only one in here for a good hour now.

Uncovered a section of my house yesterday that didn't have house wrap, just siding over sheathing. Luckily the indications of water exposure had never escalated to any damage.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Stalling on going to work. Tough week for bike commuting with all of the kids’ activities. I’m pretty much stuck driving every day thanks to late meetings and 5pm events. Traffic has sucked lately so that’s not so fun.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
One of the things that have advanced the most in my lifetime is chewing gum. Fuck a smartphone, gum used to have flavor for 90 seconds. And now, with the help of powerful lasers and ionizing radiation, we can make gum that will rip your face off with flavor.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Kid's van driver had to run another route before ours, so was 35 minutes late (not news, this has been going on for a week and a half now - the other driver was suddenly hospitalized). Then the driver called me to say her windshield wiper broke and needed to wait for a replacement to be brought to her, which would take another half hour. So I decided to drive my boy myself. It's raining, and apparently there was some sort of fire downtown (I have to go through downtown to get him to school). What normally would be a 15 minute drive took 30 minutes each way.

I fucking hate driving.

Last edited:

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I ran for an hour on the high school track before work and pretty much felt like garbage. It happens. Still happy to get 7.5 miles in.

It's gonna be a nice, warm day. It'd be nice to get out for a road ride, but work and life may keep me indoors. Meh.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Still fighting the good fight. Poppies totalled $1894.02, not a bad haul for 3 days of work at 3 locations. Not sure who got the c note, but damn. Kinda sad the VFW has more money in the bank than I do. But my wife has all the money, so there is that. :rofl:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Picked up new prescription glasses this morning and hate them. They're some sort of varifocal whereas I've only ever had single vision lens before. Now I have to remember to look out the correct part of the lens for near or far and it's like being in a fish bowl. Computer screen distance is terrible...

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Nothing like a text from Chase asking to confirm a transaction, then finding a bunch more that are not valid. Giddy.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
are you one of those weird (imo) split finances households or what
Sort of? We were both functional adults when we got married. We are both joint on each others account, but she pays the mortgage and her stuff out of her account, I pay insurance and other crap out of mine. A fixed amount of my check goes into my account, the balance goes into hers (larger portion than mine). I have a debit card for her account, she has no idea what her pin is for mine, but she has a card.

Is that weird? I can't be trusted with money, so the savings goes into her account and my account is limited by design.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
Late night,

opened my mouth and got sucked into installing and hitch and harness on a lesbian couples enclave.

Note to self......If they had a 1400 dollar qoute to install it, there is probably a reason. Jebus H phukin christ that was a pain in the ass.

Moar trailer work today.
So the lesbians needed a man to install this for them? Oh wait, a foolish man to install this for them? You can only curry limited favor with lesbians, bud.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
DSO is supposed to be going to the vet in 35 minutes.
It's currently pissing it down and T+Lightning outside.
DSO refuses to leave the safety of her crate when it's storming.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Holy hell, as a software engineer, don't ever respond to a defect with "it works on my machine". :rofl:

If your machine is shipping with the product, then there is no issue. Otherwise, make it work in the lab and STFU

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
slept / lounged most of the day. felt good enough and had enough energy i finally trimmed and bled the hoses for the brakes on the GG. just have to put on the chain / setup the drivetrain and hook up the dropper and i can ride a mountain bike. possibly even this weekend.