Quantcast

……………… Wednesday GTM ……………

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Alright guys. Music search. Looking for a peppy, "go-fast music" song with a good intro or 30sec segment. Maybe accelerating in intensity, because, go-fast. Here's the key, school appropriate, for Haley's talent show video.

I initially pulled a side AFI - Boy Who Destroyed the World and Rise Against - Broken Dreams, Inc. but the lyrics on bother are not appropriate.

Millencolin - In a Room has a nice segment in the intro, but I want to branch beyond our little bubble of music.
pretty sure the first 30 seconds of "raining blood" don't have any vocals.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Alright guys. Music search. Looking for a peppy, "go-fast music" song with a good intro or 30sec segment. Maybe accelerating in intensity, because, go-fast. Here's the key, school appropriate, for Haley's talent show video.

I initially pulled a side AFI - Boy Who Destroyed the World and Rise Against - Broken Dreams, Inc. but the lyrics on bother are not appropriate.

Millencolin - In a Room has a nice segment in the intro, but I want to branch beyond our little bubble of music.
loop the first 15 seconds....totally upbeat

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
you can out-cheez-rock that motley crue with some good ol thunderstruck!

if you want a punk band fronted by a lady i'm sure the goops would be appropriate :D

go team was also a good call....

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
blargh, lots and lots of rain. I and everyone else bailed on tonight's ride.

Visit with the doc wasn't great. Swelling around my optic nerve or whatever still hasn't changed. He wants to up my dose of diamox, but is going to wait one month to see if it causes anymore kidney stones. He also told me that I need to lose 4 pounds by the next visit in one month. And laid it out, if nothing reduces the pressure on my eye, surgery will be the last option - putting a drain in ye ole brain cavity. :twitch:

Anywho, I might go take a nap. That eye dilating shit really bugged me out.

Poops McDougal

moving to australia
May 30, 2007
Central California
blargh, lots and lots of rain. I and everyone else bailed on tonight's ride.

Visit with the doc wasn't great. Swelling around my optic nerve or whatever still hasn't changed. He wants to up my dose of diamox, but is going to wait one month to see if it causes anymore kidney stones. He also told me that I need to lose 4 pounds by the next visit in one month. And laid it out, if nothing reduces the pressure on my eye, surgery will be the last option - putting a drain in ye ole brain cavity. :twitch:

Anywho, I might go take a nap. That eye dilating shit really bugged me out.
That sucks. :thumbsdown:

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Went apple picking, came away with 40 pounds of tasty treats.

Old gas stove doesnt have a long enough run before the elbow so new stove will require a new hole in the house. If we seize the opportunity we can move it to a more ideal location in the room. This leads to re-routing the gas line outside the house. Idea is to rough it all in before winter and next summer doing up the sheetrock repairs.

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
I have them, I just don't use them. :monkey:
Jimeny Crickets,enough is enough. It will Double you’re workout? I am assuming you are not using the KickBoard either? I don’t want you looking like those Dam Bodybuilding Guys. Little Chicken Wing Legs with Larger upper Body.

All kidding aside,why are not using these tools you have to make you a stronger swimmer?

Avy

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Jimeny Crickets,enough is enough. It will Double you’re workout? I am assuming you are not using the KickBoard either? I don’t want you looking like those Dam Bodybuilding Guys. Little Chicken Wing Legs with Larger upper Body.

All kidding aside,why are not using these tools you have to make you a stronger swimmer?

Avy
as a former competitive swimmer, hand paddles are a waste of time. there are much better options to increase drag for a workout. not to mention the vast majority of swimmers need to focus on their legs, not their arms.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Old gas stove doesnt have a long enough run before the elbow so new stove will require a new hole in the house. If we seize the opportunity we can move it to a more ideal location in the room. This leads to re-routing the gas line outside the house. Idea is to rough it all in before winter and next summer doing up the sheetrock repairs.
i'm maybe entertaining an induction stove.

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
Went apple picking, came away with 40 pounds of tasty treats.

What did they say about the Gas Line?

Avy

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
back when i worked at the bike shop we had a saying...... "hey man you wanna get derped up and listen to some 'floyd?"
i blame my dads younger brother....

he saw them a bunch of times in his youth....

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
as a former competitive swimmer, hand paddles are a waste of time. there are much better options to increase drag for a workout. not to mention the vast majority of swimmers need to focus on their legs, not their arms.
I swear Brother,you just like to see yourself type. I don’t remember seeing any post from you with you’re “competitive swimming” resume to help him with his training?

I never said Drag,and I know all about the Legs. You never read any of my post’s to him,or you choose to read what you want.

Paddles are not a waste of time,me responding to you was a waste of time.

Avy

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I swear Brother,you just like to see yourself type. I don’t remember seeing any post from you with you’re “competitive swimming” resume to help him with his training?

I never said Drag,and I know all about the Legs. You never read any of my post’s to him,or you choose to read what you want.

Paddles are not a waste of time,me responding to you was a waste of time.

Avy
swam competitively for 7 years when i was in middle/high school. got stuck doing the 100/200 fly because i was one of the few who could do it without a DQ. don't often post about swimming because it was an activity i was essentially forced into as a kid. also IABs training for tris is a bit different than for pure competition swimming. and yes you should be talking about drag. resistance training in the pool (eg drag suits) is far far more effective than hand paddles.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I popped one in. Replaced gas. Very happy with choice. I went with a Cafe brand (GE) through Costco.com.
was poking around costco's induction offerings yesterday. with the market being what it is, wife and i are entertaining the idea of staying put in our current house a bit more long term. if we do, we'll probably do a full kitchen remodel at some point.