Quantcast

‰•‰ Wednesday Consumption Special GMT ‰•‰

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I trust all of you are having a better start to your day than I've been having. I'm febrile, still coughing/sore throat, and now can't sleep on top of that.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I trust all of you are having a better start to your day than I've been having. I'm febrile, still coughing/sore throat, and now can't sleep on top of that.
are you spreading the disease at work?

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Morning.

Getting ready for my semi annual trip to visit my wife's family in the Midwest. Leaving on Friday morning bright and early. I'm soooo ready for 10 days away from home (and work).

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Added new gear to the Franken Kayak last night. I removed the onld fishfinder transducer and replaced it with a much higer tech one. This one will clearly show bottom structure on the display ( where fish may hide) and it has a water temperature sensor.

Short bus for the rest of the week, the loonies are starting to irritate me.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Kids passed on some goodies?

Bike free day today. Body needs a rest and weather is crappy today.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Rumour is my Skype call will take place today at 9:00, or maybe 9:30, or maybe tomorrow. I will say that considering one of the topics for the interview is "communicating with overseas teams", having this many issues just to set up the interview does not inspire confidence.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Extra tired for some reason today. Though, it is sort of a Friday for me. I have external training the rest of the week and have a student covering me. Praying that the poop doesn't hit the fan over the next two days...

It's also humid as hell!

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Morning Monkeys.

Rumour is my Skype call will take place today at 9:00, or maybe 9:30, or maybe tomorrow. I will say that considering one of the topics for the interview is "communicating with overseas teams", having this many issues just to set up the interview does not inspire confidence.
I had a similar issue with one of my past potential employers. When I asked how they managed to resolve multi-discipline reviews after they finished bragging about how "international" they were, their response was "technology".

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
At the desk.
Doc visit yesterday. She said I sound way stressed and that she'd hit me with a 4-week leave approval, once I get back from Europe. Call the pit boss! Calgon, take me away.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
I got a new drivers license in the mail and it has a gold star on it. Did I win something?
Maybe it provides access to the secret level of the bong shed?

Boring day up in hurr. There's been some sort of intermittent but loud drilling going on directly over my head for the past few weeks. I think I need beer at lunch.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
A little jetlagged, but doing pretty well considering.

Forgot to bring my Thai leftovers home from the lady friend's house. Lunch fail. :(

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
are you spreading the disease at work?
I was at work yesterday since I had no fever. I was reading CT and MR in the basement, so if I infected anyone it was my co-workers, not any patients.

Today I'll head in after sleeping in until 10 am, as it's a research day where I can and will hole up in my office. Same tomorrow, without overnight fever, insomnia, and subsequent sleeping in with any luck.
Kids passed on some goodies?
We took the elder kid (in preschool) to the allergist yesterday as she's had a runny nose for essentially 6 months running. Turns out she has no allergies, so has had a succession of colds for that whole time. I blame toddlers, in other words.

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Stop the presses--someone just told me that Whistler is closed because of air quality! Anyone hear anything of the sort? BC Monkeys??

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Gosh you guys are smart! Thanks! :)
The dudes are looking at Silver Mountain Idaho now... Rain not likely before the weekend, which I assume means the air quality will decline. But.... but.... but Whistler!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Afternoon. Had a nice weekend camping with our neighbors. We took Syd & Alex (in the trailer) on a 12 mile bike ride. It was a hilly start in the Adirondacks, but Syd did great and she was flying on the way back. Then some bridge jumping and fireworks to round out the evening. Next day we borrowed our neighbors Kayaks and the 3 of us (Alex rode with dad) paddled the length of Lake Harris for a picnic lunch, swimming and playing on the playground before paddling back to our site. Now we're looking at Kayaks!

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Apparently Subaru's make good garbage collection machines on the freeway. FFS. :banghead:

Massive piece of cardboard came flying out from another vehicle and smashed right into the front of mine. Chunks of the brown poop was sticking out....had to pull over.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Last full day in Japan. In the past two weeks I have learned that with cabbage being a large part of the diet, the japanese are expert and deadly crop dusters. Truly the art of ninjas.

Normally my train rides are punctuated by silence, at least human silence. This morning's peace was broken by a school girl yelling and punching some weird looking dude who was quickly removed by the authorities at the next stop. No idea what was going on but I understand that groping is an issue on trains here. Many trains have women only cars for those ladies who prefer to be groped by other ladies.

Last edited: