Quantcast

※§☮☮-- TOOSDAY MF'N GMT --☮☮§※

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
First day of school today. My kid was full of nervous energy, but not overly worried. was happy to have a few familiar faces in his class. his teacher is a dude who seems really good with little kids, if a little goofy. but that's probably ok. my little guy was sorely disappointed he didn't get to go into the school with the big kids. he didn't want to go into daycare after that...

there will be beers tonight.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Well holy f@ck. So as most of you know, we had to put down Cooper a few weeks ago (age, kidney failure). It was weird with just Rudy, but it was also good. Then yesterday morning as I am getting ready to leave, I don't see Rudy in the living room. I go out back and he was dead in the yard. WTF. I mean, he wasn't young, but he seemed as healthy as a horse. There was some vomit on the couch, on the kitchen floor, and some in the yard. Not sure if he got into something, or had another blockage from something he ate, but sh!t.

So now it is her and I in a 4 bedroom house with a cat. It seems so big and so empty now. Monday hung out downstairs last night and that was actually kinda cool since she and Rudy did not play nice together. But wow, holy f@ck. We joked that Rudy would live forever due to his "special" personality. This sucks.

Sorry to be Debbie Downer, it sucks. I'm going to miss these little bastards.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Morning Monkeys.

Well holy f@ck. So as most of you know, we had to put down Cooper a few weeks ago (age, kidney failure). It was weird with just Rudy, but it was also good. Then yesterday morning as I am getting ready to leave, I don't see Rudy in the living room. I go out back and he was dead in the yard. WTF. I mean, he wasn't young, but he seemed as healthy as a horse. There was some vomit on the couch, on the kitchen floor, and some in the yard. Not sure if he got into something, or had another blockage from something he ate, but sh!t.

So now it is her and I in a 4 bedroom house with a cat. It seems so big and so empty now. Monday hung out downstairs last night and that was actually kinda cool since she and Rudy did not play nice together. But wow, holy f@ck. We joked that Rudy would live forever due to his "special" personality. This sucks.

:( . Sorry to hear that. May those little boogers RIP.

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
Sorry about your dog loss @jimmydean No one likes to lose a family member.

Jr started school today. She was less than thrilled to have to wake up at 630 after sleeping in most everyday over the summer. Might sneak in a quick ride later on today or I might mow my lawn. Decisions are hard.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Morning Monkeys.

Sorry to hear about that. RIP.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Thanks all. We were looking to move maybe next year, but I think the wife is ready. We have some projects to finish on the house, but should be good to go by spring. See where the market is and downsize like we've wanted to. I sure don't see being without a dog at all forever, but I think for now we will wait, relocate, get settled and go from there. It's just a lot at once. We just picked up Coopers ashes on Friday, but now we will be able to spread them together like they should be.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
That blows Jimmy.

Here. Wifey is still in CA. Waiting patiently for another week off starting Saturday.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Reading JDs post made me not mind cleaning dog vomit and diarrhea off multiple surfaces in the house yesterday nearly as much. Sorry to hear bud.

Except maybe trying to scrape runny shit out of the crevices of my guitar amp footswitch. I could do without that. Forever.

Last edited:

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
renos on the house are coming along... Insulation went in yesterday. What a difference. It's like a sound studio in the basement now.

SIL gets back to Van on Thursday. Get to check out her Olympic medal. Kinda neat!

Debating going for another night ride tonight. Need to cut down my bars...

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Winter Park \o/
Nice. I'll be riding there Saturday.

Sorry to hear about the dog, jd.

Can't get to anything outside the firewall from work today. This means I can still work but can't waste time save for on the phone. This is inhumane.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Intertubes are in continuity once again. The spice must flow.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
i seemed to have picked up whatever head cold my kid is carry around. that's on top of the case of the fuckits i already had, and i have no interest in being in the office right now.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Morning Monkeys.

this makes me sad.....two dogs in one month is a real kick in the dick...

Last edited:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Four flushes in a row heard through the wall. These are the industrial vacuum ones, no tank, so that was some serious shit-burden, I imagine.

Someone either is feeling much better or worse now.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
One of my coworkers just farted on me. This isn't a case of, I think she farted on me, I KNOW she farted on me. She was sitting next to me in a meeting then leaned over and audible fart erupted. Nobody else noticed but then the stench hit me. It was so thick you could taste it. Had I not been deprived of the oxygen to do so I might have protested. Instead I must now enact revenge.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Forgot to mention something about yesterday's ride. One trail, Greens Lick, in Bent Creek has several big, natural, banked turn/wall rides. The biggest one is a left and is easily 10-11 feet high but fairly easy to ride since you carry a lot of speed into it.

I was still living up there when Greens Lick was built. It was wide, smooth and had some well built tables towards the bottom. Ten or eleven years of rain and riders have transformed it into a rock fest in parts. As in high speed rock surfing with now water bars in place of tabletops. I could feel the heat coming of my shock at the bottom. Mmmm rawks...

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
EFf this miniature airport on the middle of nowhere. They took apart my camelback to pieces because the Allen keys looked like a folding knife on the xrays. Also, the slowest security in the world means no beer before takeoff for this old grumpy man.

Sorry to hear JD. :(

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Morning Monkeys.

Bummer - sorry to hear about your doggies. :monkey:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Trying to decide if I should take the inhospitable host approach with this head cold. Am in a wedding this weekend, wanna be healthy for it.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
EFf this miniature airport on the middle of nowhere. They took apart my camelback to pieces because the Allen keys looked like a folding knife on the xrays. Also, the slowest security in the world means no beer before takeoff for this old grumpy man.

Sorry to hear JD. :(
That's because you're from away.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
6yo had much easier drop off this morning than yesterday. GOOD. had a beer at lunch. GOOD. new upper link and bearings on the way. GOOD. beer now. VERY GOOD. need to do a few things for work in a few...MEH

sorry about the dog(s) @jimmydean - that's tough. vibes.

Forgot to mention something about yesterday's ride. One trail, Greens Lick, in Bent Creek has several big, natural, banked turn/wall rides. The biggest one is a left and is easily 10-11 feet high but fairly easy to ride since you carry a lot of speed into it.

I was still living up there when Greens Lick was built. It was wide, smooth and had some well built tables towards the bottom. Ten or eleven years of rain and riders have transformed it into a rock fest in parts. As in high speed rock surfing with now water bars in place of tabletops. I could feel the heat coming of my shock at the bottom. Mmmm rawks...
If you liked that (lots more jumps on it recently too, eh?!) you'll love you some yancey. or lost cove cliffs. or raiders. or yellowbuck. or headquarters...WILSONS! even middle black is trenchy and rough now. We need to set a day...

Trying to decide if I should take the inhospitable host approach with this head cold. Am in a wedding this weekend, wanna be healthy for it.
Yes. inhosp host ftmfw. i, too, have to attend a wedding this weekend. i'm too old for that shit and am grumpy about the waste of my labor day wknd.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO