Quantcast

‽‽‽ turdsday ‽‽‽

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I spent 5 hours today looking at furniture. It was as awful as you can imagine. Tomorrow is paint colors to match the furniture. I am not sure what advantage a pedestal sink in the bathroom has over the current one installed in an oak vanity. Works just fine and has built in storage. You see when I am in a bathroom. I have never found it to be useful to take advantage the room the pedestal sink affords you. I am never going to crouch down between the toilet and sink as it is a shitty hiding spot by any measure.
Did you get married? Sounds like you are married.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
7 cm laceration of scalp down to bone, closed fracture of spinous process of cervical vertebra. Chainsaw helmet and glasses are trash.
dude....call somone with a giant robot trimmer...watched this thing make short work of a tree in the old couples yard across the street from the parents house

20221014_114931.jpg

clamp/cut....had the tree down and in a heap in about a hour i think....

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
7 cm laceration of scalp down to bone, closed fracture of spinous process of cervical vertebra. Chainsaw helmet and glasses are trash.
Damn John, glad you had on the proper PPE or you would probably be dead. My neighbor was cutting down a 20' pine when the trunk split and kicked back and caught him in the chest. Lacerated liver and a Pneumothorax. We flew him out by helicopter. He almost internally bled out even though they got him onto the table in under 40 minutes. Heal up bro. keep the helmet for teaching purposes at your camp.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Last year my brother, who is adopted, found his birth mother. Met her today, within a 5 minute conversation she made multiple open racist comments about blacks and Asians. North Cackalacki represent.
Did he get to call your shared mother afterwards (if she's still around, I know you've had a shitty month) and tell her thank you for being normal?

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
As an adoptee IMHO parents are the folks that raised you not the sperm and egg donors. I've known I was adopted since I was 5. Not once have I even given a thought about finding the two that put me up for adoption. Aside from genetic material I have nothing in common with them. Of course by now its a moot question as they would most likely have died of old age.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Did he get to call your shared mother afterwards (if she's still around, I know you've had a shitty month) and tell her thank you for being normal?
Sadly our mother is no longer with us. She was far far from perfect but thankfully wasn't a dipshit. To top things off my step mother just went on a Q-Anon style rant about Biden trafficking children and basically accused my brother and I of being complicit because we are "Democrats". There was a brief moment this week when I regretted not being closer to my family but that damned airplane can't fly me home fast enough tomorrow.

Last edited:

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
I woke up with something still stuck on my eye, tried flushing it the night before and in the morning.
Went to get it looked at and just as I was about to be seen it came loose, winner winner chicken dinner!

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
It wouldn't be so bad if half the traffic didn't slow to 35 to go around the bend at the bottom of the hill.

If I-70 is going to be a bigger shitshow for 5 years, lots of extra traffic will move to 285 instead...
I thought I saw in one of the renderings that straightening out some curves was part of the plans for that section. And you *might* be right about some of the traffic moving to 285, but like @stoney I have low confidence in the intelligence of... well, people in general. And if the ultimate goal of those travelers is to make it to the western parts of the I-70 corridor they won't be coming this far south on 285. And to avoid that shitshow, I just need to not drive too far north, and that's EASY.