Quantcast

⁂∴⁂∴⁂ Thoisday ⁂∴⁂∴⁂

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hello, friends. Work from home day. I love work from home days. I went to the pool this morning for the first time since January and actually managed to get 2400 yards done. Figured I'd run out of gas much earlier than that. It was slow going though.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning. Spring break is almost over here and I haven't really had a break, but have managed to get the camper cleaned and restocked for the time being; cleaned up my classroom and reset for the final push (4th quarter) into concert season and have had some decent play rehearsals. I feel like we are behind in where we should be with the show right now, but it'll come together...it always does...

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
In the office :(

There is a skylight in the hallway outside of my office and appears that some geese are having a conversation on it. I wonder what they're going on about?

Also raining here. Dumping rain.

Morning. Spring break is almost over here and I haven't really had a break, but have managed to get the camper cleaned and restocked for the time being; cleaned up my classroom and reset for the final push (4th quarter) into concert season and have had some decent play rehearsals. I feel like we are behind in where we should be with the show right now, but it'll come together...it always does...
I'm about to the point at which I move towards making the 'Pod habitable again for the season.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Seems there are three kinds of women in my age bracket on dating platforms these days.

The pen pal = she is the one whom would rather have a month long convo via the app and never exchange numbers or meet.

The hail mary = within 24 hours thinks you are "the one" and will fill your voicemail after 1 hour of being away from your phone.

The Marketplace Moran = she is the one who throws down a one liner that shows promise then vanishes like magic. Could possibly appear in a couple weeks with the same exact message.

Seems there are three kinds of women in my age bracket on dating platforms these days.

The pen pal = she is the one whom would rather have a month long convo via the app and never exchange numbers or meet.

The hail mary = within 24 hours thinks you are "the one" and will fill your voicemail after 1 hour of being away from your phone.

The Marketplace Moran = she is the one who throws down a one liner that shows promise then vanishes like magic. Could possibly appear in a couple weeks with the same exact message.
Dating platforms are junk.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!

No cryptomommies on dating platforms?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
good morning. heading into the office today for a bit, mostly to picked up 5 quarts of fresh honey from a beekeeper / honey czar friend.

also, today is trash day, AND recycling day.

:twitch:
thursday is trash and recycling day here too. monday is also trash, and wednesday is yard waste. this is my first time living somewhere with 2 trash pickups per week. personally i'd probably be better off with 2 recycling pickups than trash.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
thursday is trash and recycling day here too. monday is also trash, and wednesday is yard waste. this is my first time living somewhere with 2 trash pickups per week. personally i'd probably be better off with 2 recycling pickups than trash.
ours is worse - trash once a week, recycling every other week. i could do with recycling every week and trash every other week instead.

cranking through a bunch of loan request follow ups for an upcoming show, then diving in to work on laying out all of the images for its catalogue. 10 essays and probably 200 images total. i took over a huge hallway in the building to work on it. the publisher we're working with fucked around for the past 9 months and now suddenly wants everything asap/yesterday. fuckers.

at least tomorrow will be spend on the bike in the hills. so there's that.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Currently spitting out all snot that's collected in my lungs the past few days. Looks like I'm on the other end of this thing.

Dating platforms are junk.
I met my wife on Match, so I'm obviously biased, but I know plenty of other people who have found the companionship they were seeking. You get out what you put in.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
we get the Monday Trash, Tuesday compost and Friday recycling... trucks are everwhere!

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Wife and I were just discussing whether it makes sense to get trash pickup, or to get a sticker to the dump. We generate 1 bag of trash and 1 bin of recycling every two weeks. $35/mo for pickup vs $10/mo for the dump.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am

Did I miss something ? I thought you had a serious girlfriend.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Holy crap... that's a lot of trash pick-up. 'Round here everyone picks their own refuse company, so there are trucks picking shit up pretty much every day of the week.

ours is worse - trash once a week, recycling every other week. i could do with recycling every week and trash every other week instead.
Yeah - this week we literally have a single plastic grocery bag of garbage to be picked up.

Wife and I were just discussing whether it makes sense to get trash pickup, or to get a sticker to the dump. We generate 1 bag of trash and 1 bin of recycling every two weeks. $35/mo for pickup vs $10/mo for the dump.
With that paltry amount of garbage, maybe just ad-hoc trips to the dump would make sense? How far away is the transfer station and how much is an ad-hoc dump? I'm starting to think that maybe it would make sense for *me* to go this route... :think:

Did I miss something ? I thought you had a serious girlfriend.
He does. :homer:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Luckily around here our taxes go to trash and recycling services. So its always on a schedule and done by the same company.

I remember back in Aurora CO, we had to pay for trash pickup and recycling wasn't even a thing.

We get our trash picked up once every two weeks. Recycling and green bin (compostable stuff) is picked up once per week. It works out for us, we usually only fill the garbage bin over those two weeks, majority of the stuff goes into the recycling bins.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210

Thanks for confirming my fears. I know a few female friends have been on platforms in recent years, and the dude population sounds different but equally horrifying. I’ll take forever alone for $400 Alex.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Epic toddler melt down this morning, had to send him to daycare in a dirty shirt since anything aside from Slinky Dog was totally unacceptable.

At least the new non-RM approved coffee grinder showed up and works like a champ, both my espresso and drip coffee were quite good.

we get the Monday Trash, Tuesday compost and Friday recycling... trucks are everwhere!
What in the fuck? All our bins get taken Monday morning, street sweeper shows up Monday afternoon to make sure nothing get's into the storm drains.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
We are on this schedule as well. At least I have two 65 gallon recycle bins. We still fill them up to the brim. Trash bin could be half the size.

Having compost/food waste really cuts down on trash volume.

/me is lounging about home today. At least not actively dying at the moment. Awaiting test results.