Quantcast

⁂∴⁂∴⁂ Thoisday ⁂∴⁂∴⁂

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
We are on this schedule as well. At least I have two 65 gallon recycle bins. We still fill them up to the brim. Trash bin could be half the size.

Having compost/food waste really cuts down on trash volume.

/me is lounging about home today. At least not actively dying at the moment. Awaiting test results.
Yeah - we fill up a small compost bin under the sink at least once a week with non-meat/dairy food scraps. The big bin outside takes care of the heavy lifting... with the assitance of a gaggle of mice. :D

Yeah - we fill up a small compost bin under the sink at least once a week with non-meat/dairy food scraps. The big bin outside takes care of the heavy lifting... with the assitance of a gaggle of mice. :D
We also have a compost bin under the sink, which gets emptied outside.

I drive to the town hall every week or two with a trash can and a recycling bin, typically costs me four dollars.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I could survive with weekly recycling and trash every other. A compost bin would reduce trash to even less, but meat...

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I could survive with weekly recycling and trash every other. A compost bin would reduce trash to even less, but meat...
Our composting is via Denver so meat and bones and all go in there, too.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Our bin gets the meatz n bonez as well.

But god damn, the racoons love their chicken wing bones. They'll try to wage war on the locked bin at night. Thankfully they haven't figured out how to move the 20 pound concrete block from the lid......yet.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
First "let's talk about bible" call in Czech received, caller promptly blocked.
I guess it's better than the russian letters I am getting from some Jehova's shitness in Brookline.

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
FSM, help me, because I should know better! Has anybody in the USA ever tried buying stuff from these guys?

72" grader blade for $166 and free shipping from Malaysia. I am laughing at myself for even considering this. For context, those usually run $800-$1000 when bought locally.

Bike related (kinda) content: Their prices on TIG welding gear seem cheap as well...

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Epic toddler melt down this morning, had to send him to daycare in a dirty shirt since anything aside from Slinky Dog was totally unacceptable.

At least the new non-RM approved coffee grinder showed up and works like a champ, both my espresso and drip coffee were quite good.

What in the fuck? All our bins get taken Monday morning, street sweeper shows up Monday afternoon to make sure nothing get's into the storm drains.
I should add that trash is monthly and recycling and compost bi-weekly

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
That and composting meat can foster the growth of fungi that are lethal to household pets.

Animals on the earth live pretty successfully surrounded by various toxins. Generally they manage not to be affected. Last year our cat Elsa was getting the shits, turned out to be that she was munching on jade plants, which I got rid of. We have various other plants in the solarium and the yard which are nominally toxic, but she has not decided to use them as salad to date. If you live near the woods, there are dead critters out there, can't make 'em go away, they just exist.