Quantcast

€£¥₩-- Sunnandæg GMT --₩¥£€

cecil

Turbo Monkey
Jun 3, 2008
with the voices in my head
Hello dudes and dudettes.

Eventful day here today. Went to the Subaru meetup, which also had an autocross event going at the same time. Got bored of that after an hour or two, so I left pretty early. Got a headache on the way home and just said f-it and went riding. I'm glad I did, I had a blast. :)

It might be hard to see, but this trail is all switch backs with berms down the hill ending with the most perfect floater gap and then straight into two berms that you can pretty much lay sideways in. I hate jumps, but I'll ride this one all day long. This trail was unrideable for most of last year due to a huge tree that fell across it, but the trail fairies have remedied that. Yay.

And a quick clip from the autocross event. This is the only time I turned on my phone to record a lap and almost caught someone's major fuckup. This guy (in the BMW) was one of the instructors, I am pretty sure, he was out testing the course and came a few feet from wrapping his awesome M3 around a pole.

Followed by the best sounding Saab, ever.
What am I seeing in the upper right hand corner of picture?

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Despite my best efforts, life and weather have prevented me from riding since April effing third. Planning to make up for it with a mountains monday sufferfest tomorrow.
Did a bunch of weeding/yardwork/chores this wknd. Watched 6yo's soccer game. Went to a reception last night where I was cornered by some prick who dislikes my museum and how it's run and proceeded to tell me about it for an unbearably long time. I ended by telling him that if he was that unhappy to go "support" another organization. It was too bad, because it would otherwise have been a nice evening at a ridiculously nice home with free booze, good food, and otherwise nice people.
It'll be nice to ride on the completely rebuild CCDB-C tomorrow - hopefully the sound of being chased by a flock of angry geese will be a thing of the past, and I'll be able to rescind the blame I laid at the feet of my float 36 csu.
Need to stop drinking stouts now and go to bed.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Went to Rocky Knob. DirtyGirl couldn't find her phone and was quite late. I went up the hill a ways then, turned around and played on the pump track till she got there. Hard to get in real runs, as it was filled with wee groms, funny kids though.

Rode to the top and then some before Dirty had to head back. I wound up going all the way back to the top for a second time, riding with a dude who had never been there. He tells me he recently moved from Idaho. I said I knew a guy in the same area of Idaho. Turns out he knew my friend really well. Small world, our little mountain biking community.

My legs hurt, and my head is right.