Quantcast

€£¥₩-- Thorsday Turds Day --₩¥£€

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Got a nosebleed that won't stop. Sneezed upon waking up and blood just went everywhere. Have to meet the city's code enforcement officer in a hour. That should be fun....

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
slept like crap for the first time in a long time. I guess I did too much weight training last night as I am sore as hell right now. It might be a multiple full french press type of coffee morning if this first batch doesn't kick me into gear.

Need to eat then head off to work but I have zero motivation to do so...

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Yo!

Not much on tap for the day other than that work thing. It is always getting in the way of doing something better you know?

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Great ride after work last night. Effortless. Sunny and warm today, might have to do another ride!

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Got the hitch/bike rack on the Jeep last night. Bikes shall be ridden this weekend.

Took tomorrow off has a comp day for working the other weekend. Volunteered to help move a bunch of furniture/new appliances for the girl's parents. No wonder they want me to put a ring on it so badly.

Last edited:

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
8:30 allready? I have no where to be until noon. I have a stress test at noon, the results of which will determine how successful my recovery has been. Also need to have blood drawn and get a chest xray. By 2 I should be on the bike unless it rains. Yesterday was supposed to see rain but it didn't happen, hopefully today I will be just as lucky.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Holy chit! I just got confirmation that my huge deliverable, that's had me working early and late for extended periods of time has been submitted. wow, what weight off my shoulders. I would celebrate if I weren't so sick and tired. and it wasn't raining so hard outside.

cecil

Turbo Monkey
Jun 3, 2008
with the voices in my head
My last day of vacation in sunny CA going to get coffee a 5 mile walk along the beach then I'm going to take a 30 mile or so ride back to where I rented the crabon dentist bike to return it tomorrow I fly back to dreary rainy cold upstate NY

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Got on a spin bike for the first time. Did 20 minutes, after 20 on the elliptical. My heart and lungs forgot what that kind of exertion was like. So good. So damn good.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
drank some coffee. mowed the lawn. pulled some weeds. drank moar coffee. hanging with kids. about to go in for a half day of work. i've got a bunch of isht tonget off my plate so i can ride and drink beers all weekend and not worry about crap.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Busy morning. Looking forward to a quieter afternoon. Maybe coding some JavaScript in between cases...

Tonight is dress rehearsal for weekend concerts and then possibly Model 3 deposit-placing, in that order.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Engh... what I thought was a stress test turned out to be an echocardiogram, it was cool watching the images of my heart beat and see how flexible valves are but I will get no real information on this until the end of April.

Weather turned nasty fast, rain, sleet and snow and gusty winds are a drag. I'm going to make granola and the n munch on it.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
We had a tenant/neighbor revolt. The city was called and now we have 30 days to make repairs and improvements. $$$. Fuckity Fuck!

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
It is sunny and warm out. Going to ride over to a bar on the Sound with my GF, where we will sit on their dock, eat seafood, and drink. It will be good.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
What needs repairing in your tenement?
It is not a tenement. I am not a Slumlord. The Tile Flooring in the Common areas is in rough shape and non compliant. The Bannister on the stairs is loose and spindles are missing and are also non compliant. Bats in the roof of the front bay (Copper roof 3 floors up also) Stairs to the basement need to be totally replaced they are non complaint. Chimney needs to be repaired and most likely replaced. Loading dock needs to be removed because it is structurally deficient even though access has been eliminated, again non compliant. Push bars on the rear and roof doors need to be straightened or fixed and are non compliant. The non compliant elevator needs to be disabled and sealed off. Sump in the shaft needs to be repaired and the discharge needs to go in the sewer instead of the storm drain. Glass roof on the shaft needs repairs non compliant. All Unregistered Vehicles and trailers need to be removed or enclosed, warning. All in the realm of my Brothers responsibilities. Dad is out of the picture.

Plus it is a historic canal district building so we have to keep it all original. Pain in the balls. We had the chance to sell it to a church. But they balked as it is a Historical Property in the Susan B Anthony neighborhood and the Prostitute Problem is kind of bad in the area. They didn't like the idea of having a distillery next door either....

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
No riding today, slept poorly, legs tired, cranky. Just rode five days in a row and did six in a row the second week of the month with several rides in between. Might need a rest, but not sure if my OCD tendencies will allow it.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I have your solution, in two words ....

Insurance Fire.

you're welcome.
Families live there and call it home. I more then break even on the rents and the banks like me. I can put a few folks to work fixing some stuff through a program then I will stay on board again. The NYS Parole office wants to rent the first floor for a resource center. If I can swing things I will jump on that. I would live there if I didn't have all my eggs in another basket..

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
It is not a tenement. I am not a Slumlord. The Tile Flooring in the Common areas is in rough shape and non compliant. The Bannister on the stairs is loose and spindles are missing and are also non compliant. Bats in the roof of the front bay (Copper roof 3 floors up also) Stairs to the basement need to be totally replaced they are non complaint. Chimney needs to be repaired and most likely replaced. Loading dock needs to be removed because it is structurally deficient even though access has been eliminated, again non compliant. Push bars on the rear and roof doors need to be straightened or fixed and are non compliant. The non compliant elevator needs to be disabled and sealed off. Sump in the shaft needs to be repaired and the discharge needs to go in the sewer instead of the storm drain. Glass roof on the shaft needs repairs non compliant. All Unregistered Vehicles and trailers need to be removed or enclosed, warning. All in the realm of my Brothers responsibilities. Dad is out of the picture.

Plus it is a historic canal district building so we have to keep it all original. Pain in the balls. We had the chance to sell it to a church. But they balked as it is a Historical Property in the Susan B Anthony neighborhood and the Prostitute Problem is kind of bad in the area. They didn't like the idea of having a distillery next door either....
Are you operating a private prison?

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Families live there and call it home. I more then break even on the rents and the banks like me. I can put a few folks to work fixing some stuff through a program then I will stay on board again. The NYS Parole office wants to rent the first floor for a resource center. If I can swing things I will jump on that. I would live there if I didn't have all my eggs in another basket..
Ok well, I guess there's THAT.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Are you operating a private prison?
No. And returning it to the workingman's SRO that is was for the first 100 years of its existence is not a option. The fist floor is ADA compliant class A Office space. I should be able to get $16/sq.ft for it based on comps...

If I go solar and share it with my neighbors, I can win them over and attract hipsters....

Last edited:

cecil

Turbo Monkey
Jun 3, 2008
with the voices in my head

City of rochester is combined storm and sewer look in catch basin outside all storm catch basins have hoods on pipes to stop sewer smell who was your inspector josey

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
City of rochester is combined storm and sewer look in catch basin outside all storm catch basins have hoods on pipes to stop sewer smell who was your inspector josey
I did not know that. A certified Plumber will have to take care of it. A portable sump from Lowes and a garden hose into the scupper down pipe is not the answer. Southwest David nice guy.... I have to give them a schedule for completion of work by next week. I am on it. Plumber and floor guy called. 84 Lumber has the stairs and my brother is onboard for that. Plumber knows a guy who can do the carpentry and the demo work. I found a Bat guy/exterminator he is there right now.

Errant tenant has her 30 day notice and has promised the vehicles and Pool Table would be gone today. If she withholds her rent I can lock her out as she is more then 3 months behind and her utilities are cut off and her theft of my utiliies has been documented. The NET gal fined her for smoking in her unit. The restraining order on her son goes into effect today and he can no longer set foot on the premises. New pushbars have been ordered and are on their way. I can do that. Just need to figure out the Elevator and write a bunch of checks. Once the work is done we are going to list it.