Quantcast

€£¥ Wed GMT $₱₡

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Oh Squeeb, so sorry. Pups are family.
Fights with spouses just suck. I've been trying the "I don't want to talk about it... ever." and hoping it will blow over before it starts. So far so good!
In other news, I would like to go run and bike some steam off please!
I need to do that moar. my problem is I can't let go of shit sometimes. which is a real problem. I think I might take up buddhist meditation. I think that should help.

And sorry to hear it Squeeb.

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
I need to do that moar. my problem is I can't let go of shit sometimes. which is a real problem. I think I might take up buddhist meditation. I think that should help.

And sorry to hear it Squeeb.
Sounds awfully familiar... All of it. I don't want to let go of what popped up most recently, but I try to remember that the most important thing is the relationship, and that is more important than being right, or getting my way. I still have a terrible time when I just want to be heard and understood. I don't need to be right at that point, but if I have something to say and it isn't received well... well.... I've got more meditating to do! And I know it often isn't received well because my hubby want to be right, get his way, or wants his own side heard. One wild ride! But worth it! I do love my adventure partner for life :)

Try: 8 Mindful Steps to Happiness, by Bhante Henepola Gunaratana (my favorite for practicing mindfulness and meditation), or if you don't mind working the the Christian theme, The Love Dare has been really helpful in my relationship!

Anyway, enough of my Dear Abby BS.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Try: 8 Mindful Steps to Happiness, by Bhante Henepola Gunaratana (my favorite for practicing mindfulness and meditation), or if you don't mind working the the Christian theme, The Love Dare has been really helpful in my relationship!
I'll give that a go. I'll also ride my bike more. Though jimmydean's "fix" is also pretty tempting....

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Sounds awfully familiar... All of it. I don't want to let go of what popped up most recently, but I try to remember that the most important thing is the relationship, and that is more important than being right, or getting my way. I still have a terrible time when I just want to be heard and understood. I don't need to be right at that point, but if I have something to say and it isn't received well... well.... I've got more meditating to do! And I know it often isn't received well because my hubby want to be right, get his way, or wants his own side heard. One wild ride! But worth it! I do love my adventure partner for life :)

Anyway, enough of my Dear Abby BS.
Just get drunk and give rep.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I have long since ceased most communication with my sister as she and her husband are pretty much con artists and being family makes you a prime target. Over the years she has found god. My guess is she found a bunch of suckers at church to rip-off. She has started adopting kids from Eastern Europe like a crazy cat lady picks up kittens. She has started email and social media campaigns to raise $350 for adoption paperwork fees. First of all, if you can't afford the paperwork you can't afford the kid. Secondly I guarantee even the adoption is a $$ scam. The kid probably gets them SSI checks.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Google Weather says 60% chance of precipitation at the hour of my commute home. It also has the thunderstorm icon. Hmph.

The prairie dogs will have their revenge on me as they chew my face off after I'm struck by lightning while crossing their field...

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Thanks everyone. Been a pretty shitty day.

When I had been in hospital a couple weeks, not to long after I came out of a coma, my wife got permission to bring him in for a visit. When he came into the room, he lost his (figurative) shit. A dog we didn't think could even bark the first six months we had him, who'd never once climbed on any furniture, who came from the pound knowing sit, stay, lie down, shake, roll over, etc, would not stop barking and tried to climb into my bed, while I was still attached to all manner of machines, tubes, and wires. The nurses of course freaked right the fuck out, and my wife had to yank him out the room to calm him down. He was my friend and I will miss him a lot.

squeeb making me weepy.
Me too.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Ugh. When will people learn that by saying " we need this done NOW/yesterday", means it'll probably be a while until the task is done. If it was so easy and quick to do, it'd already be done!

About to go look at an apartment. The landlord or whoever manages the building (2 stores plus 4 units on second floor) asked to bring references, employment letter and credit check; just to look. Odd? I didn't bring any of the said items. :)

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Thanks everyone. Been a pretty shitty day.

When I had been in hospital a couple weeks, not to long after I came out of a coma, my wife got permission to bring him in for a visit. When he came into the room, he lost his (figurative) shit. A dog we didn't think could even bark the first six months we had him, who'd never once climbed on any furniture, who came from the pound knowing sit, stay, lie down, shake, roll over, etc, would not stop barking and tried to climb into my bed, while I was still attached to all manner of machines, tubes, and wires. The nurses of course freaked right the fuck out, and my wife had to yank him out the room to calm him down. He was my friend and I will miss him a lot.

Me too.
Sorry dude, I know how it feels. But you were lucky to have such a good dog, they aren't all like that.

Last edited:

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
almost got hit by some fvcking moron who made an illegal pass over the double yellow lines in order to run a red light. she was apparently in a very big hurry to get to church. :thumbsdown:
I think I was passed by her grandfather today, he hit the intersection just as the light went green and just missed a head on ( for safety Sally (Steve) I was stopped at the time and took the shot to fix the blame for the cops, I was sure he was going to cause a wreck)