Quantcast

€€€€€ €uro GTM Sunday €€€€€

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Fireplace is on and first batch of coffee is consumed. Super chill day yesterday which I really needed. Bought some more trees for the garden. I have a fairly big garden at least for somebody livining in Copenhagen. It has not gotten a lot of new plants for a long time so I am slowly filling up with more trees and scrubs building my own wilderness . There we only one conifer here when we moved in and I love all kinds of pine and its nice as they are evergreen for the dark winter months. Planting today.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Trail reports yesterday were soft but rideable, then we got 3/16" of rain overnight. It's gonna be mid 60s and I need to get out. Might just take the cross bike to the rail trails.

Oops? This was a nice alarm this morning..

A serious incident occurred on 1 August 1983. Pressure tube G16 in the Pickering A Unit 2 reactor developed a 2 metre long split. The reactor was safely shut down and the damage investigated. The cause was found to be the mis-location of annulus gas spacer springs which allowed the hot pressure tube to sag and touch the inside of the cold calandria tube leading to hydrogen enrichment of the cooler areas. This created a series of small cracks which linked up and caused the long rupture. There was some local fuel damage and the reactor was safely shut down by the operators with no increase in radioactive emissions. The eventual resolution was Large Scale Fuel Channel Replacement and all the pressure tubes were replaced in all Pickering A reactors. The new pressure tubes were supported by an improved design of the annulus gas spacer springs.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hey. I ran a 17 mile race that wasn't technically a race but sort of was. Advertised as an "organized group run" yet they time you and post results online and everyone treats it like a race. Nearly 70 degrees in January! Windy as hell too. A beautiful day, unless you are trying to run a race, then it kind of sucks. My legs were tired the entire frikkin run, but I averaged a 7:31 pace, so it was a good training run. I finished 3rd overall. Not a ton of people...maybe 50 in the 17 miler, and another 100 in the 8.5 miler. It's an 8.5 mile loop. The short race is one loop, and the long race is two loops.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Hey. I ran a 17 mile race that wasn't technically a race but sort of was. Advertised as an "organized group run" yet they time you and post results online and everyone treats it like a race. Nearly 70 degrees in January! Windy as hell too. A beautiful day, unless you are trying to run a race, then it kind of sucks. My legs were tired the entire frikkin run, but I averaged a 7:31 pace, so it was a good training run. I finished 3rd overall. Not a ton of people...maybe 50 in the 17 miler, and another 100 in the 8.5 miler. It's an 8.5 mile loop. The short race is one loop, and the long race is two loops.
"3rd place male" :D

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Rode with buddies. 70f and trails in perfect shape, no sign of wetness. Too bad I almost puked a mile in and had to bail after four miles. I feel sick now.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Oops? This was a nice alarm this morning..

try it now!
I’m sure it’ll all be fine...

since we didn’t have a disastrous earthquake today I scored a sweet new ride for the smallest chidlin.

6268CF51-0A8A-4EA2-AAB5-140FE7376B64.jpeg

Garbage test weather, but single dad Sunday’s means bad ideas happen
E9706DC6-5E92-468B-B721-CA4686010EE3.jpeg

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
CC324AC7-2399-4FC1-8E45-1B455499CD67.jpeg

Copper with family. Wife is getting better! She needs to stop rushing across the fall line and embrace it more.

1:25 to get out there. About 2:30 to get back. Not too bad with adaptive cruise.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Has she ever had a lesson? It looks like she is ‘fighting’ the fall line with her hip position.
She has had lessons. She just has limited hip flexibility. She knows what she should be doing to get more edge angle.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
helluva day. 66* and sunny. hit the classic yancey loop. it poured up there yesterday so there were a bunch of kayakers on the creek. lots of motos on the forest roads and gravel grinders too. shit was smooth in parts, leafy in parts, and blown out perfection in others. finished with beers on my buddy's porch, right at the end of the trail. homemade chicken soup for dinner. lazing around with beers on the couch now. love these nc "winters"