Quantcast

€€€€ GTM Wednesday I forgot my glasses at home &&&&

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Little difficult to read what is on the screen but hopefully spell check catches the worst mistakes 8-) It's fun to be old. Hitting the gym tonight for some Hans und Franz time

gonefirefightin

free wieners
feeling well enough to put new parts on the cross bike and possibly go for a ride today. Need to get some electrical tape for the bar wrapping chores.

Pretty sure my taste and smell is coming back but it is wonky, my coffee tastes like cocoa and I smell cigarette smoke again.

in other news....

Royal Mail is the equivalent or worse than the USPS.

Screen Shot 2022-02-09 at 4.57.15 AM.png

Last edited:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I need to start planning to buy another car at some point, maybe in a year or ... ?

Anyways, made the mistake of looking at some certified pre-owned lists from Hyundai and Subaru last night. Jeebus, used Crosstreks and Imprezas with 80-100k's for north of $25000. Hyundai wasn't as bad, but still 2015-2017 era cars with 100k's for $18000. BALLS. And there's only a handful out there.

Maybe I'll just buy another shitbox?

gonefirefightin

free wieners
I need to start planning to buy another car at some point, maybe in a year or ... ?

Anyways, made the mistake of looking at some certified pre-owned lists from Hyundai and Subaru last night. Jeebus, used Crosstreks and Imprezas with 80-100k's for north of $25000. Hyundai wasn't as bad, but still 2015-2017 era cars with 100k's for $18000. BALLS. And there's only a handful out there.

I thought canadins were fed from the super duty bottle and are shunned from the family if they dont drive fords

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Woke to an email from the CEO that our business unit is killing it, so we are getting a 4% cash bonus to be paid on the 18th, win. Now to suffer through this mess until then.

GFF convinced me to get the RM7 back together, so I will be working on that and can send my fork in for service with my bonus.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL

We got our 2018 Forester Limited for $24k, at 42k/km. They are out there, but not common. When I was looking all Subies were more like what you are describing. We lucked out cause it was at a Honda dealer and they did not want to keep it on their lot. They had it for 4 days.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Bad - still up all night again last night with screaming rashy kid. Hoping those antibiotics start doing their thing.
Good - rims and drivetrain bits are arriving today. Hubs and crankset are last remaining items and should be here in the next few days.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Bad - still up all night again last night with screaming rashy kid. Hoping those antibiotics start doing their thing.
Good - rims and drivetrain bits are arriving today. Hubs and crankset are last remaining items and should be here in the next few days.
What are you building up now?

Have you tried benadryl with the kid? Might alleviate the itchiness and...well...benadryl :D

gonefirefightin

free wieners
i have a 2012 impreza with 125k, original owner good conditioned not hooned. don't lowball me i know what i have.
Had to drive across town last night to help the 18 yr old unfuck his shitbox. He was trying to instal camber plates and stripped the bolt heads on all his strut mounts. We had a learning moment with extractors and "you get what you pay for"

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
:wave:
Talked to 30 or so highschool kids at a youth leadership thingy this morning. After the first two folks non of the kids asked any questions. Had 10 or so after mine, so I’ll consider that a win.
Brown truck brought my goods so I will be reforking my ‘97 Alleź tonight. There is a front half and chainstays of a GG on FB for sale. I am moderately tempted.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
What are you building up now?

Have you tried benadryl with the kid? Might alleviate the itchiness and...well...benadryl :D
2021 Why-Tee Izzo

Yea we've been giving him the antibiotics and a mix of Motrin and kid's Zyrtec per the doctor's recommendation. All well and good during the day and for bedtime and about 3-4hrs after that, then it's all downhill during the night.
IMG_20220209_081108692.jpg

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
2021 Why-Tee Izzo

Yea we've been giving him the antibiotics and a mix of Motrin and kid's Zyrtec per the doctor's recommendation. All well and good during the day and for bedtime and about 3-4hrs after that, then it's all downhill during the night.
View attachment 171642
oh man, I'm so sorry. I think I came across that as impetigo as I was searching for any answer. Zyrtec is good (my kid is on it now too) but benadryl works differently, it crosses the blood-brain barrier which is why it makes you sleepy. Could be an option if your doctor says it's OK.

I want to see the Izzo, that was on my list if I wanted another bike. That and the Tranny Spur

CrabJoe StretchPants

Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
oh man, I'm so sorry. I think I came across that as impetigo as I was searching for any answer. Zyrtec is good (my kid is on it now too) but benadryl works differently, it crosses the blood-brain barrier which is why it makes you sleepy. Could be an option if your doctor says it's OK.

I want to see the Izzo, that was on my list if I wanted another bike. That and the Tranny Spur
Our resident doctor said he had impetigo as a kid and it was teh suck. My dad had it really badly as a kid too, enough to leave permanent scars. Google pics do look exactly like that, but have to figure the pediatrician would have had that on their list of possible diagnoses.

Whatever it is, I'm hoping it starts getting better ASAP, and his brother doesn't get it.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Our resident doctor said he had impetigo as a kid and it was teh suck. My dad had it really badly as a kid too, enough to leave permanent scars. Google pics do look exactly like that, but have to figure the pediatrician would have had that on their list of possible diagnoses.

Whatever it is, I'm hoping it starts getting better ASAP, and his brother doesn't get it.
I didn't know there was a difference, but I trust your doctor more than myself. I thought they were the same thing! Sucks when the little ones are suffering. Looks like my kid isn't doing too bad, he's only itchy wearing polyester, but if we could get these spots to disappear we'd be in good shape.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
I didn't know there was a difference, but I trust your doctor more than myself. I thought they were the same thing! Sucks when the little ones are suffering. Looks like my kid isn't doing too bad, he's only itchy wearing polyester, but if we could get these spots to disappear we'd be in good shape.
They honestly could be the same thing and I wouldn't know it, you might be right. I just assumed they were different since they didn't use the word impetigo specifically. Since they prescribed antibiotics, they're probably the same thing, if not very close (bacterial).

Hope your kid gets better too!

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
We got our 2018 Forester Limited for $24k, at 42k/km. They are out there, but not common. When I was looking all Subies were more like what you are describing. We lucked out cause it was at a Honda dealer and they did not want to keep it on their lot. They had it for 4 days.
I'll keep my hopes up. I mean, I don't really need to worry about it right now.

Car lots, both new and used, have been pretty empty for a long time around here.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
@CrabJoe StretchPants sorry to hear about your kid, i went through a lot of crap with my son as well. croup, HFM, RSV, you name it. he even had pyloric stenosis, which required surgery when he was 4 weeks old. he's aged out of a lot of it, turns 7 in less than a month.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Thanks dude, always sucks seeing your kids uncomfortable. Glad your son is doing a lot better these days!
yea, it sucks especially when all you can do is wait for medicine to do its thing. hopefully your boy will age out of most of this too.

my son still got croup bad enough he needed to go to the hospital back in december (but that was only b/c it was so early in the AM that urgent care wasn't open yet). but that's the worst he's been sick in a while.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
the apartment unit next to mine, with a common wall, has a new tenant moving in today. all week has been turnover repair and upgrade noises. WFH they said. It will be fun they said.

1644424160403.png

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
I'll keep my hopes up. I mean, I don't really need to worry about it right now.

Car lots, both new and used, have been pretty empty for a long time around here.
Here too. We needed the awd for our long driveway. Picking was slim, that's why were pretty happy with what we were able to get. Other choice was an HR-V, which we hated when we test drove one.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

HVAC replacement complete, albeit with a few hiccups. Propane company brought the wrong tanks (ASME instead of DOT) and the electrician recommended replacing the main panel ($6K). The joys.

Right now, I've got a sleeping baby on my left arm and my work computer on my right. Life is good.