Quantcast

€€€€ It's an even newer day GTM Thursday €€€€

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Went to bed with a headache, woke up with a headache. I seem to have avoided a migraine though, which is what I thought was going to happen....

Yesterday my boss and I had a long discussion about my performance at work. Despite feeling like I am more productive than I have ever been and working the maximum I can within my time at work, she's asking me to double my workload. Looks like I will commit some of that energy instead to looking elsewhere. What I would do for an experienced manager....

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
need to find old allan forbes fu manchu poster I have stashed somewhere for older brothers birthday....

correction....frank kozik poster...

Last edited:

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Despite feeling like I am more productive than I have ever been and working the maximum I can within my time at work, she's asking me to double my workload.
She's getting that pushed on her from the top.

Morning. Another day in the paradise here. Saturday is looking nice so that is a positive.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I am waiting for the coffee machine to finish brewing, before I start any work.

Lets see who wants to be a delicate flower today.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Wheels trued and tensioned, new chain installed and drivetrain cleaned/adjusted, suspension cleaned and lubed. Squishy bike is good to go again.

I should break out early and go for a test ride.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Found the delicate flower, that was quick.

This laptop has died; won't turn on, no power led lit when plugged in, no fan spin...nothing.

I'm no electronics engineer, but this spot looks suspicious, where something got hot enough to melt the protective tape stuff. Hmmm.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
She's getting that pushed on her from the top.

Morning. Another day in the paradise here. Saturday is looking nice so that is a positive.
Very astute. She is under pressure from her new manager, and taking it out on me. In addition, she enjoys having a scapegoat. There are about 8 people in our group, so far every male has been pushed out of the group, one after the other. Guess who's left?

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Very astute. She is under pressure from her new manager, and taking it out on me. In addition, she enjoys having a scapegoat. There are about 8 people in our group, so far every male has been pushed out of the group, one after the other. Guess who's left?
Announce yourself as intersex and threaten them about sex discrimination.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Cheated really badly on diet last night. MIL's 71st b-day and she wanted to go to White Chocolate Grill. I was doing good all day until dessert came out and it was a raspberry cheesecake. Normally I'll have a single bite of dessert and call it a day, but this was arguably the best cheesecake I have ever had in my life. The slice was about 4" wide and I easily at 1/3 of it. I definitely felt the spike of sugar, as it was probably 3-4 days work of sugar in a single sitting. But damn, was it fucking good.

Lots more smile and dial today. Still working on a list the City Manager (ie. retirement board) from one of my plans gave me to call of people not saving or getting their match. Given what my company wants me to do (talk to dollars) vs. stuff like this (talk to people with no dollars), there are true conflicts, but this is the kind of stuff I do my job for - getting people saving for their future and helping them first (hello fiduciary).

Need to finish baseboards over next few days. Painters are here starting Tuesday and I still have about 50' of boards, repair level caulk (they're doing most), and pulling nails that aren't in 100% (ugh).

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Here. Cheated really badly on diet last night. MIL's 71st b-day and she wanted to go to White Chocolate Grill. I was doing good all day until dessert came out and it was a raspberry cheesecake. Normally I'll have a single bite of dessert and call it a day, but this was arguably the best cheesecake I have ever had in my life. The slice was about 4" wide and I easily at 1/3 of it. I definitely felt the spike of sugar, as it was probably 3-4 days work of sugar in a single sitting. But damn, was it fucking good.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning ffs. I am hoping to ride outside today. My meeting that ends at 4:00 better fucking end on time. I did run for an hour this morning, so there is that. Wait....what's that...my empty coffee cup needs a refill.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
JHFC. Dump truck driving by just blew a tire, and it sounded like a bomb detonated. Whole house shook.
I had a studded snow tire blow out on my 66 beetle in the middle of a snowstorm on C470 near highlands ranch....

sounded like a shotgun....

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
Good morning one and all. Pedaled home with a throbbing headache yesterday; may have been more abusive than normal toward the dimwit drivers that have no idea how to behave around bikes.

Working on a recipe for Sunday's Scratch brew and ordering for next week. More coffee is required.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
The amount of fucking assholes driving on the highway this morning is astounding. Got passed by a jackass that pulled into a turn lane passed 8 of us on the other side of a double yellow and just got back over before causing a head on. Others were playing fast and the furious. I did enjoy passing them a few miles later in heavy traffic.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Sick! You going to build it up or is it just for lookin' at?
it will most likely get built at some point and let my older brother use it for scout bullshit with his kids...the metalhead built up as a bmx cruiser is not cutting it for long distances..

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
funny to see a grown ass man take a piss in his front yard with traffic rolling by....