Quantcast

€€€€ Tuesday GTM €€€€

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Still got some back problems for too much corona lockdown sitting in the same chair. Mostly weak and not super flexible when rotating and OLD. At least I feel great on the bike and feel better after a ride. I just need to keep doing the exercises that the physio has given me.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Come on espresso. major eyeball fuzzies this morning. Easy schedule on tap only 9 transports. I should be home eary enough to get the truck in for a smog check. DMV is gonna bend me over to the tune of $664 to register it this year. effiing commercial weight fees.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Sore as fuck. Busy as fuck. And coffee maker has a calcium buildup so it's not working. FTS x 2.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Yo! I got up early and ran 12 miles. Potentially long work day on tap... I'll find time to squeeze in an hour on the KICKR. This is my last official full time telecommute day. Back to the office tomorrow!

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

I am having motivation issues. I have projects I keep putting off and I am having a tough time pushing myself to finish.

I have a few small projects to finish on the car before I can sell it, but summer is the time to sell it. Frita still needs to suspension done, the dash redone, the walls redone. The mice put a damper on Frita for sure. The wife cancelled the trips this month because it's still not done. I really need to clean the garage and find all my tools before I try to do either, but just not feeling it.

My plan was to finish Frita before she was paid off in September, but that isn't happening. I got the drawers cleaned out and painted this weekend, so there is that. Finally selling Amber today, so I will order the seat covers tonight.

I can tell I'm getting older because I am considering paying someone to finish my projects. That's bad.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Hoping for a few hours of DH with the girlfriend after work today. Fingers crossed that no shit gets flung into the fan at 4pm!

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Sitting on the porch, drinking coffee. Short high country ride last night was riddled with greasy roots and rocks, failing light, and a couple of rain showers. Good thing I didn’t even bring a pack, much less a jacket. I did bring a bright headlight though, which came in awfully handy on the pedal down the highway back to town.

0654C560-E5F9-44C5-8B17-2037D69CA0A8.jpeg

Last edited:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
You may *choose* not to afford new, but you and I both know you *could* afford new... :D
Have you considered more horses?

:D
Horses are his wife's. He just gets to drive them around.

I am working today. We are halfway through the awkward process of canning a new hire who has not proved to be up to snuff. So we are kind of covering his work today, with him working directly with a fellow for a subset of it. Awkward indeed.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Afternoon. Busy start to summer vacation here. Coached a youth field hockey camp last week. It was so cool to see my oldest (a varsity inner & goalie) and my youngest scrapping on the field together. Fireworks and bourbon over the weekend and lots of rain so no bikes for me. Did manage to fill one side of the woodshed so that's a plus. Sq-earl is spoiled....got a new chainsaw so we had to get to work using it. Bikes this weekend so that's a BIG plus! Hopefully I remember how to ride them.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
yeah me and my new vehicles. 21 year old Mercedes and 10 year old truck both obtained used with close to 100K on their respective odometers because I can't afford new.
Registration for the Subaru last year - 2010 Forester XT - was ~$175. An 11 year old compact car (3400# iirc) vs. your 7500# in a state with tighter emissions based restrictions. Seems about right.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Adding to this morning's bitchfest... My ribs hurt. They haven't hurt this bad, both latent and especially breathing, since a week after I broke them. I wouldn't be surprised if I actually cracked then again with everything I was doing yesterday. Wifey and MIL1 had a pretty serious argument about all her shit and how we can't have the kids over because her house is filthy and full of shit. How it's not safe for the kitten, so Wifey might pull the approval for adoption, and because all the moving of shit is seriously hurting my back/ribs. Guess they are probably going to have another one tonight to discuss this, because my shit hurt and breathing fucking hurts. Can't wait to get onto a plane Friday...

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
$400+ is the weight fee. You have to register at empty weight plus maximum estimated weight load you will carry. Major fine if found to be over registered weight. We fall into the 10,000-15,000 pound category
And how fucking heavy is that thing? I'd guess with your camper your easily over 10k though, so it makes sense. Your truck, based on weight, would have 3x the impact on roads of my car. And again, I'm in a looser regulation state.

Okay tubby.
Right? Needs more carbon fiber.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
My van and Subaru are about $95/ea to register. Which is basically the minimum...

IMO I should be paying $500/yr to register these shitboxes. It would make it an easier decision to get rid of them...

We should ask those Danish blokes (@CBJ , @iRider) how much it costs to register a vehicle over there. I suspect it's a LOT of shekels.

Last edited:

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
IMO I should be paying $500/yr to register these shitboxes.
We should also have to smog and safety inspect them as well IMO. I paid $98 a year to register the Wrangler for probably the last decade that I owned it. It ran fine, I doubt it would have failed a smog inspection, but a safety inspection, eh........... It was a jeep, after all.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
My van and Subaru are about $95/ea to register. Which is basically the minimum...

IMO I should be paying $500/yr to register these shitboxes. It would make it an easier decision to get rid of them...

We should ask those Danish blokes how much it costs to register a vehicle over there. I suspect it's a LOT of shekels.
The shaken system ("shah ken", short for 自動車検査登録制度 ) leads to a tip top shape Japanese vehicle fleet. And it also leads to many ~10 year old formerly Japanese market cars then showing up in New Zealand for a second life after shaken becomes too much of a burden. @Changleen @DaveW back me up here.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
And how fucking heavy is that thing? I'd guess with your camper your easily over 10k though, so it makes sense. Your truck, based on weight, would have 3x the impact on roads of my car. And again, I'm in a looser regulation state.
Worse yet.

The study found that essentially, road damage was related to the 4th power of the relative loads.