Quantcast

\<€]*^,!{£* I want to get my ridemonkey a Tuesday GMT £¥£¥•¥+=•¥+£€

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Okay monkeys, let's see how you do. Below is an easy (on a 1-10 scale it's about a .5) question that the CFP Board sent out today. Let's see how you do. @sunringlerider you're not allowed to answer.

A client has been funding a custodial account for their child who has reached the age of majority. The client advised a CFP® professional to continue sending statements for the account to the client's home as they do not want their child to know about the assets. Which of the following would be the most appropriate first action for the CFP® professional to take?
  1. Change the registration of the account to remove the custodian and transfer assets to the child

2. Transfer the child's account to another CFP® professional to avoid conflict of interest

3. Recommend that the custodial account be converted to an individual account in the child's name and address

4. Liquidate the assets in the child's account and send a check for the balance

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Okay monkeys, let's see how you do. Below is an easy (on a 1-10 scale it's about a .5) question that the CFP Board sent out today. Let's see how you do. @sunringlerider you're not allowed to answer.
Liquidate, make a run for Switzerland. EASY. Next question...

Whelp, looks like I get to join the great resignation. Boomer meltdown inbound

Going to enjoy this one before 25 year becomes too peasanty for me

View attachment 195244
Espolon... Hendricks... what sort of rum you got hiding back there? I like the way you roll, Cap'n.

10 points from Griffindor for the shrimps. And is that polenta top left? Kinda looks like it was sliced from a tube of grocery store grits. :D

Last edited:

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
at the age of majority the funds become the property of the Beneficiary and the custodian has no say in the matter. so I would go with door number 1 Bob

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
You got the offer?
Yep, above what I wanted, which is in turn well above what I make now. I may have left money on the table, but I'm happy with what I currently make, so I'm not complaining. They get me on the "cheap" I move much closer to retirement and get to work on some super cool programs/ challenge myself far more than I do at my current gig.

The owner of my current company who I actually report to/have a solid relationship with is in Japan for the next two weeks, would it be a dick move to hand in my letter of resignation to the other owner who hates me in an attempt to get kicked out immediately for being "disloyal"?

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Yep, above what I wanted, which is in turn well above what I make now. I may have left money on the table, but I'm happy with what I currently make, so I'm not complaining. They get me on the "cheap" I move much closer to retirement and get to work on some super cool programs/ challenge myself far more than I do at my current gig.

The owner of my current company who I actually report to/have a solid relationship with is in Japan for the next two weeks, would it be a dick move to hand in my letter of resignation to the other owner who hates me in an attempt to get kicked out immediately for being "disloyal"?
Call the boss in Japan and tell him (assuming for work?). Then hand in the letter to the asshat.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
5. Murder the bourgeoisie, imprison the progeny for labor and prevention of generational entitlement, and transfer all assets to humane society

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Call the boss in Japan and tell him (assuming for work?). Then hand in the letter to the asshat.
Vacation, like I said, I like the guy, don't want to piss in his cheerios too much if I can avoid it. His business partner is already withholding info that would ruin the vacation so it's a question of slightly ruin it now, or hit him with a double whammy when he gets back and I'm just not there?

Also, lesson to be learned here, don't go into business with asshats and contracts are important.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
at the age of majority the funds become the property of the Beneficiary and the custodian has no say in the matter. so I would go with door number 1 Bob

#1 is incorrect. Though the end goal is right, you do not have the authority to make the change - which is what that answer actually says.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Meeting a mountain lion close up is intense. I was damn glad my 95 pound Bouvier was in the yard with me. I was taking my bike off the roof rack at twilight at our house up on the ridgeline of the Santa Cruz Mts. I had my back to the road. The Bouvier ran past me with the most intense bark and the 60 pound Aussie ran to my side. I spun around and there was my Bouvier faced off against a mature lion (100 pounds plus). The lion was on the road some 40 feet from me and the Bouvier was midway between us. The cat was growling and walking sideways away from me and the Bouvier moved sideways keeping herself between me and the cat the aussie stood in front of me watching the two of them. The cat disappeared into the darkness but the Bouvier stayed tracking it with her hearing. I heard other dogs along the ridge go off as the cat kept on going. A few weeks later we found a deer killed by the cat some 200 yards away from the house . Mountain living, they were here first

on edit This is my Bouvier, Annie and Aussie Jake
View attachment 195242
you should get another bouvier....

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
who cares you're a radiologist

you pay the guy with white sunglasses to do all this other shit
I self manage

note author of ye olde post here

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Last edited:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
It reminds me of something like "Honest Joe's Used Cars...You Can Totally Trust Us!"
you can buy the book(s)!

Astoundingly good reviews!

I think I found my investment coat.

I is already feel smRt

Last edited: