Quantcast

<>~>~€<€ Sunday scrum day ¥+¥+¥+¥+¥

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
The dog wakes my wife up every morning between 4:00 and 5:00. When the wife's away, like this weekend, the dog does not wake me up and sleeps until 7:00. I don't get it.

This is the last day of my exercise embargo, thank God. Back to running tomorrow after five weeks off with the broken toe.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Not the best sleep so I am taking it easy today. Visited a friend who lives in this old mansion ocean front that he is now going to renovated extensively. Should be beautiful when done.

Rain is back so no bike riding so making a trip to the hardware store to by propane for the grill and salt for the decalcificator. Slooowww Sunday.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
We got the first appreciable about of rain we’ve had for six weeks last night. Torrential downpour for about half an hour. Teh Spousal Unit™ and I were out for dinner and drinks, impromptu date night. It was quite nice.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Haley's having a sleepover birthday party currently, so I'll be doing stuff with Hannah today. Going to run out to the track, since there's a race today (was just posted last weekend!?),I can get Hannah used to being around the track and karts, and can try to find a donee for the FA kart. Then bills and some organizing around the house.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Went riding on a trail that I hadn't been to for a long time. Was always pretty natural, tight turns through trees. Now bermkakke happened....and taking out roots and cutting out some super tight and twisty turns (I guess because "29ers can corner as well as 26" bikes" :rolleyes:). :mad: :rant::banghead:
I don't get it. Who in their right mind invests endless time into building tons of berms that need endless maintenance with the sandy soil they have? Can the trail builders not start gardening or renovate their houses or something if they feel inclined to perform construction projects? :confused:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Last day at Revelstoke, before driving back to Calgary tomorrow morning. I think I might not rode today, my hands are smoked.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Great, OK, so I was crazy stupid sick about two weeks ago, then kiddo got it last week (still sick), now wifey came down with it. Throat infection, not sure what else. 2023, you are giving us a run for the money, but you haven’t gotten us yet!
Feeling beaten down, but strong.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Great, OK, so I was crazy stupid sick about two weeks ago, then kiddo got it last week (still sick), now wifey came down with it. Throat infection, not sure what else. 2023, you are giving us a run for the money, but you haven’t gotten us yet!
Feeling beaten down, but strong.
Hmmm... sounds like what my wife currently has. :think:

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
finally got a quick trail ride in. was fun but my fitness is terrible. need to start prioritizing 1-2 local rides/week again. on the upside, rib felt fine.

gonna try to address sone messed up trim this afternoon. also need to call an electrician, as replacing the gfci outlet didn't fix it. weird. green light is on but no power...

Last edited:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Note to self: grab the booster and car seat from the car when parking at the station and heading to the airport on the train

whoops. Took a Lyft back to the station… and then didn’t have keys. On train with family. Worst case we’ll rent from Enterprise. I’m dumb

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
So apparently alcohol is now a game of Russian roulette for me. Sometimes a drink will just be a drink, but sometimes I’ll get nauseous and feel miserable. Last night I had a rum and coke and lost. I spent a couple hours at my friend’s birthday house party just knocked out in a chair wanting to vomit. Of course I tried going to the bathroom to throw up, but that wasn’t successful. This was my first post-Covid drink, so maybe that was a factor, but it’s happened a few times this year. I guess I can now add alcohol to the list of things I can’t drink.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
So apparently alcohol is now a game of Russian roulette for me. Sometimes a drink will just be a drink, but sometimes I’ll get nauseous and feel miserable. Last night I had a rum and coke and lost. I spent a couple hours at my friend’s birthday house party just knocked out in a chair wanting to vomit. Of course I tried going to the bathroom to throw up, but that wasn’t successful. This was my first post-Covid drink, so maybe that was a factor, but it’s happened a few times this year. I guess I can now add alcohol to the list of things I can’t drink.
Not quite as severe but I reel from shit like rum and coke too. Years ago I figured out it was a combo of the alcohol and sugar. I get headaches, usually some kind of hangover and generally feel poisoned from just one or two. I can chug booze and diet soda or just something like seltzer all day long.

Maybe worth a shot. Because alcohol is wonderful and worth the effort.

Last edited:

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
Should mow. Might sometime. Have some chicken thighs marinating for some tacos tonight.
Went for a little spin this am, Twas nice.
Thinking I might accept a job this week. Leaning pretty hard towards slinging equipment again all of the management I’ve met are good folks or at least good at convincing me of that.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
I believe this is just called "getting old". :dead: