Quantcast

€uro Drive Day Tuesday ¥

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
a BEV running off of a grid that's 50% NGCC power plants is cleaner than the comparable gas car.

View attachment 197366

the astute reader will note that the Wrangler gas version does not get anywhere near 28 mpg combined. QED
i would never believe anything jeep says...

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
You're not wrong, and honestly a 10-50 is basically a 10-42 with an additional 50t ring...it doesn't change the rest of the gears. That's what I should do, and drop an electronic shifter/derailleur on there, but I used to love my drivetrain back when I had a 2x10 on the cannondale rush. My BMC can run a front derailleur and my crankset can take it, and I've never tried out the front swing derailleurs that shimano came out with before nobody ran them anymore, but realistically...I dunno.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
God damnit, are we doing math again? :mad:
I have 52t chainrings on the mind since my commuter bike rocks such a thing, with bigly-circumference tires to boot.

52-14 is my climbing gear. 52-12 or 52-11 usual cruising ones.

:homer:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
After-f'n noon. Good news = I don't have a broken heel, just a few torn and scared while healing muscles. Got an injection so that should help and lots of stretches, etc. for the plantar muscle for a few weeks before the next treatments start. Drove home and got hit by a goddamn deer! Dented the crap out of the back drivers side of my car so making the insurance claim now. Supposed to be leaving tonight for our road trip west but may end up delaying a day to take care of all of this crap. Grr.....

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Wifey sent me to the store so that she can take the girls to the beach and see family. Just about ready to die here standing in line. So ready to go to sleep...

Because I'm a weirdo, and the idea of being able to drop the equivalent of 6 gears with one shift is appealing, plus increased range and better suspension performance in both the lower and higher gears. I've never quite had the "death by front derailleur" that other folks regularly experience every time they look at one.
I'd like to change the Tracer to a 2 x 11, seeking more range.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
I'd like to change the Tracer to a 2 x 11, seeking more range.
Sunrace makes 11-50 11spd cassettes (also 11-46): https://off.road.cc/content/review/cassettes/sunrace-mx80-11-speed-wide-ratio-cassette-11-50t-review-3877
They also sell a derailleur hanger extender so that you can use your old derailleur.: https://www.bike-discount.de/en/sunrace-sp570-extended-link-for-rear-derailleur
According to some reports it seems to work for larger than the claimed 46T cassettes, so with a 50 you might be still good to go.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
heading out to dinner in a few for 25 year anniversary. had planned a trip somewhere nice, but uncertainty over kiddo's lifeflight/surgery bills put that shit on hold.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Readied and opened the garage door to head out and ride, dark clouds and thunder immediately overhead...

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Whatever the hell is taking me down sucks. It's not COVID - negative test. But I've been down for the last 5hrs, with only enough energy to go upstairs to say hi (with a mask) and then go back down. This is fucking brutal. I have a feeling that 4mos of mental and physical overload just gave in and I caught whatever my niece had when we were there Saturday and Sunday.

I just need to wake up in 1.5hrs to go get the car off the charger and then it's down for the night.