Quantcast

™™™ Tuesday ™™™

gonefirefightin

free wieners
If any of you freaks are into rocks, gems, fossils and minerals there is a shop on main in Breck that is absolutely the best collection of specimens I’ve ever seen in one place. The sheer size and quality of pieces in that shop is astounding.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Had a wreck happen in front of me on 880 in San Leandro. SUV ran into the back of a box truck. Both drivers got out and then the SUV driver fell to the asphalt and went into full on Grand Mal Convulsions. I pulled the wheel chair van over gloved up and protected the guys head ( he was hitting the K rail concrete with his head. Trucker called 911 then handed me the phone. Gave a quick rundown on injuries and resource needs. Before fire arrived the convulsions stopped and the SUV driver was totally disoriented. He took a few swings at me while I tried to explain what happened. He got to his feet and tried to run onto the traffic lanes I kept blocking him. he had me by 2 inches and 40 some odd pounds but he was confused and uncoordinated so it wasn't too difficult. He settled down when fire showed up. Gave my report to fire and went on my way with a nice smile on my face.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Qual 1st; finished 2nd. A yellow due to a spinout in lap traffic allowed her gap to get closed, which she never got open again and let him bump pass her. 3rd down were all mixed up, so their overall points gap opened up again.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Had a wreck happen in front of me on 880 in San Leandro. SUV ran into the back of a box truck. Both drivers got out and then the SUV driver fell to the asphalt and went into full on Grand Mal Convulsions. I pulled the wheel chair van over gloved up and protected the guys head ( he was hitting the K rail concrete with his head. Trucker called 911 then handed me the phone. Gave a quick rundown on injuries and resource needs. Before fire arrived the convulsions stopped and the SUV driver was totally disoriented. He took a few swings at me while I tried to explain what happened. He got to his feet and tried to run onto the traffic lanes I kept blocking him. he had me by 2 inches and 40 some odd pounds but he was confused and uncoordinated so it wasn't too difficult. He settled down when fire showed up. Gave my report to fire and went on my way with a nice smile on my face.
"tuesday"

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
OK, you may have olives without scorn tonight.
But just this once, mister.

(seriously, kudos. It must require training and patience to still help them when they are fighting you).

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
(seriously, kudos. It must require training and patience to still help them when they are fighting you).
I was in no danger, he was mentally altered. I was just saving him from himself. I just used mental skills and minimal force to keep a minor incident from becoming major one. In the back of my mind I could hear my martial arts instructors saying that it is always better to try to diffuse a situation than to need to use force which should always be your last resort. As a Medical Professional my duty is to do no harm.