Quantcast

ⅽ[ː̠̈ː̠̈ː̠̈] ͌ ⅽ[ː̠̈ː̠̈ː̠̈] ͌ Get the coffee from the van Saturday ⅽ[ː̠̈ː̠̈ː̠̈] ͌ ⅽ[ː̠̈ː̠̈ː̠̈] ͌

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Not a lot on my to-do list from the day... we're trying to avoid going to the grocery so I need to get coffee from the van that we have stored there for camping, return the dishes to said van, go on a bike ride, and walk the dogs. Oh, and walk the other dogs, too. We're watching a pair of GSPs that belong to friends of ours for a couple days, they're awesome. I'll snap some pics later.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Vindaloo last night. It is a decision I will surely regret later, but it was fucking good. Study most of today.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Little bit of work and then in an hour or so, leaving to go biking. The sun is out but its only 35F right now. Shiiiiiiiiiiiit.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I've heard you make a mean curry, or vindaloo, or something. Just that you are surprisingly really good at cooking Indian food.
I'm okay - better than the average American I would guess. It's hands down my favorite kind of food. I could eat it every day and be totally happy with it. I lived with a Sikh guy for a year in college and he taught me how to cook a lot of stuff. I've had to stop using (and have since lost) a lot of his recipes since I went keto, but the keto equivalents I've found are pretty good. It's really all about the spices, which I have remembered a lot of. My mom is also British, lived in London for almost 20 years, and learned how to cook there as well. Amusingly, it's the only food Wifey allows me to cook. I'm not even allowed to grill.

For takeout, India's Kitchen 1, 2, 3 are all really, REALLY good. I think #1 is up your way. Be mindful of the heat ratings though. It's 1-7 and 3 is 'spicy'. 3 is enough to be hot but still carry a lot of flavor; after that point you just start to burn your face.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Up early, so I went for a walk in the woods. Stumbled across this guy while I was out there.

20201114_075319_copy_477x1008.jpg

He's lucky I only have doe tags for the upcoming hunt. :D

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Present. Coffee and classical music, waiting for my bagel to toast. Shall slather it with jalapeno cream cheese. Outside stuff today, yard chores etc. Looking like the rain will hold off long enough to ride tomorrow am.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Have now relocated to tire store to get snows put on. In my brilliance, I forgot my study materials on the couch. Now I get to waste 1.5 hours doing fucking nothing. And today's dumbass is me.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
coffee. then walk back into woods with 10yo to see if coyote skeleton is still there (he wants the skull). then search local shops for a seal kit for my 36. wasn't planning on doing seals when i installed the new damper but one of the foam rings split when i dropped the lowers and was giving the inside of the legs a light clean. would like to get things functional so i can ride tomorrow. i'm sure the wifey has a list of chores as well. 55* and sunny. still drying out from all the rain.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I'm okay - better than the average American I would guess. It's hands down my favorite kind of food. I could eat it every day and be totally happy with it. I lived with a Sikh guy for a year in college and he taught me how to cook a lot of stuff. I've had to stop using (and have since lost) a lot of his recipes since I went keto, but the keto equivalents I've found are pretty good. It's really all about the spices, which I have remembered a lot of. My mom is also British, lived in London for almost 20 years, and learned how to cook there as well. Amusingly, it's the only food Wifey allows me to cook. I'm not even allowed to grill.

For takeout, India's Kitchen 1, 2, 3 are all really, REALLY good. I think #1 is up your way. Be mindful of the heat ratings though. It's 1-7 and 3 is 'spicy'. 3 is enough to be hot but still carry a lot of flavor; after that point you just start to burn your face.
So I'd probably go for '5'... :homer:

I just checked - how long has that Holly location been there?

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Yeah right? It was a little chilly but clear just 30 minutes ago when I walked The Cartel™ and now it's snowing frickin' sideways.
rain/sleet is supposed to stop in the am. afternoon ride may work (?) if only a bit sloppy.

mounting one pair of skis, moving toes on a second pair. then it's wax on wax off for a couple of hours.

Last edited:

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
I think #1 is up your way.
Sadly, none of these are near me. Maybe you were talking to @SkaredShtles ?

high. energy.

kind of miss the ones i worked with....even though they are all dead by now....
They are, for sure. But they're also really sweet dogs. They get along with our chihuahua mixes really well, and play gentle with them. It's kinda rare that our dogs "like" (i.e. are not scared of) a bigger dog so it's a win.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
rain/sleet is supposed to stop in the am. afternoon ride may work (?) if only a bit sloppy.

mounting one pair of skis, moving heel bindings on a second pair. then it's wax on wax off for a couple of hours.
Ooh... I could wax my skis this morning. That'd be novel!

back in Chicago I used to pet sit for several friends. those were great times, they were.
Oh yeah? Hm... how do you feel about small dogs? Interested in an occasional side hustle? ;)

Seriously, good pet sitters are a bitch to find.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
wow I slept for 9 hours, that shit never happens, wait duh, the wife wasn't here to roust me with a honey do list. Just finishing my expresso, dogs fed. going to scramble up some eggs and sausage. Might go for a ride later after the rain stops.

Last edited: