Quantcast

⇨⇨⇨☼☼☼sunderp☼☼☼⇦⇦⇦

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Is it Wednesday yet? Because that's when my new squishy, squishy, fasty, fasty gets here.

Countertops have arrived per install people, so I need to get the back splash torn out and new drywall put in today. Wifey is probably more excited about that than anything else to date.

And Haley's still at the sleepover until noon. We might go for a bike ride afterwards, depending on status of drywall install.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Whatcha say, chucko! Had a great ride yesterday with wife, splat, Mr and Mrs BadDNA, and 6-7 others, then had burgers after. Good times. Today will be a short run and some kind of road bike pedaling...outside or trainer tbd.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
call day 2 of 2 dawns

on the VPN, logged on, turning brain on slowly

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Made it to Sunday. Spent the late evening trying my hand at MIG welding. Found some success and some failures. This should be a good time.

On deck for today is shoveling copious amounts of rat shit out of a dead friends garage. Not looking forward to this experience.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Kept watching the weather for Grayson Highlands since Friday. Chance of rain on the last day went from 30% to 90% with thunderstorms. Decided I didn’t really feel up to getting my gear ready and then hiking all day in the rain. So somewhere local I suppose, hmph.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning! First camping trip of the weekend with some friends went well......a little cold but fun none the less. Back to school tomorrow and the final push for our show and concert season should keep my busy.

I went outside to try to reel in the cat Elsa; she led me on a walking chase until she got up on a stone wall uphill from Hilarie's study. I followed her on the wall until she stopped; she was watching a marten that had its head stuck out of the wall. It was on the order of five feet from us. Elsa complained as I scooped her up. The marten didn't seem to care too much.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Didn't one of you folks in CO take their winter tires off the other day? :busted:

Ride was a success, warm and perfect out there. But holy shit were the trails crowded. Hopefully it dies down after a few weeks of nice weather and soccer starts.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Practiced wheelies for 3 hours with the neighbor's kids. Adam and Sammy. Got sunburn. Still at 2 fence posts. Adam got me beat by a fence post. He is 11. Grilled food for the neighbors. The Cops came by. Just in time for Chili and chili dogs. Ran out of cheese. They didn't care. RPD with the positive community outreach. Pretty cool.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Practiced wheelies for 3 hours with the neighbor's kids. Adam and Sammy. Got sunburn. Still at 2 fence posts. Adam got me beat by a fence post. He is 11. Grilled food for the neighbors. The Cops came by. Just in time for Chili and chili dogs. Ran out of cheese. They didn't care. RPD with the positive community outreach. Pretty cool.
My neighbour is nine, he's built himself a pretty steep little double. The other day he yelled out "Wanna see me do a whip?" I told him only if he put a helmet and shoes on, I told him he did a turn bar and not a whip.
Next run he comes in faster, goes higher and sorta pulls off a whip, he's learning downhill wheelies now.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Oof. At least the traffic will let up mostly by the time you get to Empire

:D
Yeah... seems Winter Park was a good call this morning. Finally got on the hill around 1pm and snow conditions were muy bueno on Parsenn. A little dodgy down lower.

Hit Pepe Osaka's for tacos then enjoyed a traffic-free drive back to town.

It dumped all afternoon... I should play hooky tomorrow. :think:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I went outside to try to reel in the cat Elsa; she led me on a walking chase until she got up on a stone wall uphill from Hilarie's study. I followed her on the wall until she stopped; she was watching a marten that had its head stuck out of the wall. It was on the order of five feet from us. Elsa complained as I scooped her up. The marten didn't seem to care too much.
Keep that cat inside at night.

Neighborhood is in an uproar because a neighbors cat done got ate by a coyote. Of course the city folk were oblivious that coyotes live here and now they are all afraid they will get taken down by a bloodthirsty pack as they walk to yoga class.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Martens often get confused with Fischer Cats. They are not a threat to Cats in anyway. House Cats are very efficient killers and Fisher Cats are not. Coyotes have a select territory. Cats and owls will go after coyote pups and keep their population in check. Bunnies and marsupials too.

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
Of course...now they are all afraid they will get taken down by a bloodthirsty pack as they walk to yoga class.
I like hearing coyotes howl to each other shortly after dark when I'm laying in my tent. Pretty cool I think.

The worse critter to worry about at Grayson Highlands are the ponies and cows who might be asleep right outside your tent. Best to watch where you step going to the bathroom so you don't trip over one. Sometimes the cows will go stand by camp fire-rings in the hopes that someone will build them a fire. Pretty funny.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I like hearing coyotes howl to each other shortly after dark when I'm laying in my tent. Pretty cool I think.

The worse critter to worry about at Grayson Highlands are the ponies and cows who might be asleep right outside your tent. Best to watch where you step going to the bathroom so you don't trip over one. Sometimes the cows will go stand by camp fire-rings in the hopes that someone will build them a fire. Pretty funny.
I like listening to them when I get the chance. City coyotes are masters of living under your nose while you have no idea, fucking ninjas.

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
I like listening to them when I get the chance. City coyotes are masters of living under your nose while you have no idea, fucking ninjas.
Urban Fox are like that, but if you walk at night you can spot them. I see them quite often dashing briefly into lit areas. I've only seen two coyotes, one on the trail in front of me and one across from the grocery store late at night. They do like to leave furry turds in the middle of the trail. Usually around the time missing dog posters are popping up.

Keep that cat inside at night.

Neighborhood is in an uproar because a neighbors cat done got ate by a coyote. Of course the city folk were oblivious that coyotes live here and now they are all afraid they will get taken down by a bloodthirsty pack as they walk to yoga class.
After losing two cats to a fisher last year, that's why I was reeling her in. The martin was very handsome. We have plentiful coyotes and idiots that get off on shooting them.

Atomic Dog

doesn't have a custom title yet.
Oct 22, 2002
In the basement at Weekly World News
I was walking my dog in a nearby alfalfa field the other evening and a coyote was trailing us and yipping at Ruby. As long as I kept her in close, the Coyote kept its distance, but as soon as she started ranging out some, it was looking for ways to ambush her. Single coyotes don't concern me, but I keep the dog reeled in of there are a few of them out there.