Quantcast

∆¶×=✓€ Saturday Gmt¥¢√¥✓€

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Why am I up this early? Wifey has a work event for the next 2 days, so I get the girls.

I'll probably attempt my first mtb ride with Hannah in the Burley. Haley ride the new bike yesterday and understood the gears pretty quickly.

Built the Nukeproof back up again and the rotor was folded damn near 45*. TSA inspected it and did a shitty job putting it all back in; the fork wasn't even clipped into place anymore. Post doesn't work and the shock is leaking, so I will take it down to the shop to deal with re-bleeding. I'll swap hoses to put the Saint onto the rear first though, because the XT wasn't keeping up with me.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Slept like a big ole heap of dung. MIL woke me up at 330 am cause the smoke detectors in the house were all yelling about a fire and she didn't know what to do. I unplugged them all as there was clearly no fire, but had a hard time getting back to sleep after that.

Cleaned out the camper yesterday in preparation to take it off the truck and sell it. Weird feeling leaving your home for the past 1.25 years.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Why am I up this early? Wifey has a work event for the next 2 days, so I get the girls.

I'll probably attempt my first mtb ride with Hannah in the Burley. Haley ride the new bike yesterday and understood the gears pretty quickly.

Built the Nukeproof back up again and the rotor was folded damn near 45*. TSA inspected it and did a shitty job putting it all back in; the fork wasn't even clipped into place anymore. Post doesn't work and the shock is leaking, so I will take it down to the shop to deal with re-bleeding. I'll swap hoses to put the Saint onto the rear first though, because the XT wasn't keeping up with me.
I have a bunch of old Shimano rotors if you can't salvage the bent one. Also can help you bleed, if you want to DIY.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Ride number five out of five days on tap today. Going to the high country, might even take a picture or three. Got a shuttle driver lined up for a little jaunt from a mountain pass to a little town. Might get some shuttle laps of a hootin’ An’ hollerin’ type of trail after. Oh, and the shuttle driver is grilling steaks for us. Stoked.

@stoney what size rotor do you need? I might have a 160mm Avid rotor laying about. Oh wait, this is for your Nukeproof. Nevermind. For some reason I was thinking your kid’s bike needed the rotor.

Need to drink coffee, and to have a poop.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Up early as the wife works overtime today. So far she seems to be adjusting to the new gig. I will likely play some video games as I have not done much of that.

With any luck my bike should be 1x11 by next weekend, so I will be riding it.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Cleaned out the camper yesterday in preparation to take it off the truck and sell it. Weird feeling leaving your home for the past 1.25 years.
I can only imagine how many dog farts have been bottled up in it over that period.

The high point of today will be going to Concourse for lunch. It’s going away and being reborn as another ChoLon, for those for whom this makes any sense at all. (Soup dumplings!)

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Coffee, walk the dogs, go to work for an hour, then come home and get the camper ready to be our home for a week at the regional dressage championship. At least this year it's only a 90 minute drive for us. Next year it's 400 miles away.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
slept in. coffee and waffles now. wife informed me that her plan was to make waffles for dinner every night this week. not gonna argue with that! hanging with the 9yo while she takes the older one to tkd. kind of want to ride. also kind of want to sit on my ass.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
watching RedBull Hardline qualifying ... RB must have 3x the cameras on this one non-UCI track than they've had at any WV race all season. :hmm:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
watching RedBull Hardline qualifying ... RB must have 3x the cameras on this one non-UCI track than they've had at any WV race all season. :hmm:
Hardline is one of their events. Can't remember if it's signature series or not. Whereas world cups the just have broadcast rights.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Went to the pumptrack local to my parent's place. Some fast kids did time themselves because they want to beat the record that was set at a previous race. 19 secs or 19.2, they were not sure. They got gradually closer with 24.41 being the best. I had no intention of getting timed but they urged me to get a time as well. Was for sure not my best lap ever but ended up being 22.03. Damn, this old fart is still reasonably fast!

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
I'm the only person to have known of cutting their finger open during a game of pool. :fancy:

Been watching a ton of thru hikers on YouTube. When they mention injuries it's sometimes little scrapes like that where they tripped and fell down. I have to laugh after nearly three decades of mountain biking and racing. The stuff that some of them whine about, most of us wouldn't even notice until a post ride shower.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
reminded of a time i went into a fancy grocery store on the way home from a ride...employee came chasing me down the aisle yelling "sir! sir! do you know you're bleeding?!?" :rofl:

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
reminded of a time i went into a fancy grocery store on the way home from a ride...employee came chasing me down the aisle yelling "sir! sir! do you know you're bleeding?!?" :rofl:
Back when I was living in Assville and commuting by bike everyday I hooked a trash can coming out of a convenience store parking lot. Went down on some extra rough pavement and ended up with road rash from the knee cap to the ankle. I had missed the cut off for dinner and was headed home to cook some Kung Pao. I was so fucking pissed off about missing dinner and crashing under 5 mph that I decided to prep some chicken while dripping blood before getting the shower. Adrenaline...

I had a piece of scab jerky that covered my entire front leg from the knee down. No one at Probikes even noticed. Plenty of weird looks from non riders though.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
First night in the new camper last night, down hovering at the freezing mark and I hadn't winterized the water systems yet. Hopefully no damage.
Then ended up working all day today.
Tomorrow I shall go utilize a ski lift to carry me repeatedly up the mountain so I can ride down, @Nick any interest in joining?

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
First night in the new camper last night, down hovering at the freezing mark and I hadn't winterized the water systems yet. Hopefully no damage.
Then ended up working all day today.
Tomorrow I shall go utilize a ski lift to carry me repeatedly up the mountain so I can ride down, @Nick any interest in joining?
tons of interest.
also tons on bronchitis and lingering pneumonia. :(

I probably need another week before I'm back and not a walking contagion.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Well, camper is off the truck, for sale ad will be up tomorrow. Its been quite a journey.

Lost 90% of my voice due to this cold, which is both frustrating, and amusing.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Older child was enough of a shithead today that I took away her books and made her sit and do nothing instead.

Bike shop couldn't fix my wheel because the spokes are seized and straight pull, and they couldn't break them to change tension. I sent a customer service email to DTSwiss to see their suggestion, also because the freehub falls off, so secondary issue. Who knows, might end up being a wheel level warranty issue (please). Shock is leaking, so RA email request off to Fox. And 3 bleeds the RS post still doesn't work- I need to go back to the shop for a warranty claim on that.

Trying to find armour for Haley, but nobody carries youth armour in stock. There is an online store with a flagship location downtown, so we're heading there tomorrow. If we can get stuff, we might go for a ride to Green Mtn or Table Mtn, assuming she isn't a shithead again tomorrow.

Hell of a day with both girls.