Quantcast

∆¶=÷Satderp gmt÷=¶∆

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
About to leave for a good day of bikes that roll down hills. Need to pickup some ear plugs so no one spoils today's race...

Cooler is packed with beers and 4 spicy beef Jamaican patties. That's all that's required, right?

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
beeeeeeeyooooooooooooteeeeeeeeeeefulllllllllllllllll.....outside...where i can't be......supposed to see uncle acid tonight......99 percent sure i won't.....

getting old....fuck it.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Off in search of hero dirt this morning, then getting bike ready for DH day tmo.
Beers and a burrito quest with my boys in between.

Not sure how I will amuse myself today. @Bunnista and the gang are up at KT, and I'm jealous of that, but I can't quite get away with another riding weekend after having been absent for nine days, plus we have a family bash going on in Portland tomorrow.

I guess maybe the mountain that must not be named may be on the books.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
I'm up at 6:30 on a holiday weekend? Seems like a crime but I need to finish taking care of my biking and camping gear. Yesterday's ride was not epic, 25 mph sustained winds with 40 mph gusts make riding along the river less fun than normal. Today winds are expected to hover in the mid teens which is much nicer.

Have an awesome weekend.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Riding at Winter Park today. It's not particularly warm.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
watched world cup. consumed coffee. getting ready to drive from durham to richmond for cousin in laws wedding. wife's car had to go into the shop yesterday am-at least she scored a suoer nice loaner. she, however, is sick and grumpy. #goodtimes

Last edited:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Supposed to be riding Crested Butte's finest, it's thunder and rain outside right now...

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Slept in, stretched, coffee, a bit of "work", a local ride, then hanging with Dad for an evening. Keeping it local this holiday weekend... might get cray and clean the house, who knows? Dad had a follow up with the ortho yesterday and he's doing awesome. He has really good to great strength, better than expected mobility, and most importantly he's finally come around to the realization that even though his shoulder looks weird and awful that surgery is NOT going to make it better. Whew! I suspect (i.e. I hope) that'll he'll be getting back to his normal routine of being a nomad and living in his truck camper very soon... which will be good for him and me I think.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Got to trailhead, discover helmet liner back home in laundry room.
Murderous rage abated by copious amounts of weed.
Dh tomorrow.

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
We survived Hermine with just a bit of rain. Kids got us up early, cooked buckwheat waffles and sausage for family, sister and brother in law. Gonna get kids to sleep and go see about some hero dirts with the dog.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Got four runs in at WP before lightning shut down the lifts. Chilling at the condo now.

The bigger doubles on the black runs are officially too ballsy for me. Shy Ann was awesome, though: small tabletops, big berms, lots of speed.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning! I slept 9.5 solid hours last night and I feel like that was a good amount of sleep. Wife and I went for a 1500 yard pool swim this morning, followed by an easy 20 mile road ride. I feel like I'm pretty much full recovered now from the Ironman. I'm anxious to see how my run goes tomorrow (got a marathon in five weeks).

We've got tickets to see Blazing Saddles on the big screen tonight. I am so oddly excited about seeing it in the theater even though I've seen it a thousand times on TV/DVD. It is now sold out.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Had a nice nap, finished washing crap from campering and currently preparing for a sloooooow easy ride down by the river. Locals will not be impressed. Also made vegetarian chili that is oddly tasteless despite large amounts of peppers and spice.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
decent day today. kid woke up early, but not too early, and my wife took him to get bagels. had bagels w smoked salmon for breakfast. went to the hill and spent the day riding the lifts and sessioning some fun trails. managed to wash out on the second turn of the day and badly skinned my elbow, but didn't affect my riding. third run of the day, I snapped my chain, bent three cogs on my new (3 weeks) cassette, and discovered that said cassette was loose. didn't have the FR-5 tool I usualy bring with me on longer days, and had to use needle nose pliar and a hatchet to tighten it back on. but was still able to get a couple more fast runs in. it was still a good day on the hill.

got back home and my wife has taken the kids to spend the afternoon and have dinner at friends in the country, so I got take out (vietnamese vermicelli), had more beer and watched the race (no spoiler on redbull this time). was a bit dissapointed. glad for the winner obviously, but that was a bit anticlimatic. I hope next week goes better...

all in all a good day. tomorrow should be good too, we go to the country fair.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Back from facilitating a blind internet first date for @SkaredShtles and @Nick errrr... I mean riding Bergen Peak with those guys. Aside from 17+ bullshit switchbacks Too Long is a pretty fun trail. Mother Effing JeffCo Open Space and their switchbacks. :panic:

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Today's ride turned into much success, I started out slow but found my legs after half an hour and beat the trail for another 90 minutes. Not too many people on the trails thanks to the handy Area Closed signs.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Yeah...that trail would be pretty nice with bermed turns to carry speed through all that.

What's with the empty trails the Saturday of Labor Day? :confused:
They were up here enjoying the berms at WP. I headed back in the afternoon and got three more runs in. 7 on the day?