Quantcast

∆∆∆ Thursderp GMT ∆∆∆

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
sorority thursday?!!! can I help ya help ya help ya?!

another shitty, muggy day. opted not to ride last night. hope the rain holds off for tonight. and while the sleep was still interrupted twice, it's better than the night before, so I'm a little less zombie-esque.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Last day of real work for me this work week (tomorrow being nominally research, in reality half day picking lighting and the like at the design center).

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Last night on the way home from my ride, I witnessed the perfect orange glowing sunset. Today is looks very different, everything is grey with these stinking clouds and drizzling rain. Oh yeah, its humid as balls out.

Coffee in hand. Lets see what can be accomplished today.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
I don't always take out my recycling, but when I do ....

So I've got this dry hacking cough happening for days, could be allergies, ugh.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Post work ride this pm.

slept like crap last night, so not expecting much gusto in the legs.

Gotta get an early start on those excuses.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Tweaked my back at 2am lifting 90yr old neighbor into bed. He needs to be in a care facility but they're saying medicare is preventing them from being omitted. Eric, I lack your old people lifting skills.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
I wish it would rain here, it's been in the 90s for a while. I hate summer in SoCal, it's pretty much just always hot and humid from July-September. At least today is my Friday. Wife leaves tomorrow to go to Easter Island with my aunt for a week and I'm on kid duty solo. Hopefully we both survive.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
I wish it would rain here, it's been in the 90s for a while. I hate summer in SoCal, it's pretty much just always hot and humid from July-September. At least today is my Friday. Wife leaves tomorrow to go to Easter Island with my aunt for a week and I'm on kid duty solo. Hopefully we both survive.
Come on I was in LA last week and it was bone dry. If you want humidity come to the East cost :)

Cool @HAB sounds like you got a better bike than the wrong size one?

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Come on I was in LA last week and it was bone dry. If you want humidity come to the East cost :)

Cool @HAB sounds like you got a better bike than the wrong size one?
Yea it hasn't been too bad lately. Last Sunday it was pushing 100. Sucks balls since most of my free time involves wanting to work in the garage. It gets miserable. I'm just not a huge fan of summer around here. I like the rest of the year when it's 60-70 and cool out at night. I hate running my AC all night just to sleep.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
What happened with the "it's scratched" complaint?
Unclear. PayPal is reviewing his claim.

He sent me pictures. Most if not all of them were there when I got them. I replied more or less telling him to go fuck himself, and that all he proved was that a used bike had a couple scratches on it. He didn't reply to that.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Yea it hasn't been too bad lately. Last Sunday it was pushing 100. Sucks balls since most of my free time involves wanting to work in the garage. It gets miserable. I'm just not a huge fan of summer around here. I like the rest of the year when it's 60-70 and cool out at night. I hate running my AC all night just to sleep.
Yes, last weekend when I was there it was pretty toasty but nothing like the cray humidity we have had here this week where you are just drenched in sweat just walking on the street in the shade.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
'Morning. Got back from Canada late last night after MtnBikerChk took care of a small matter of completing an Ironman Sunday at Mont-Tremblant.

man, that's impressive. One of my buddies was a volunteer motorcycle dude at the race. I was going to ask him tonight about the humidity-induced carnage... it was so hot here over this weekend, (as a non-athlete) I thought they might cancel the even for safety reasons. Your lady is hardcore, hats off.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
the di2 noise is weird.

i can see it on a road bike, but for mtb applications...man, you snag that one little cable and you're effed.
My bigger concern would just be smashing a derailleur. Those things are fucking expensive. I've got no interest in using it on a mountain bike, but on the roadie I'm liking it.

For Di2 electric I fail to see the problem???
I pretty much agree. It's not like standard cables/housing where you have to replace them as a periodic maintenance deal.