Quantcast

∆∆∆ Welp derp GMT ∆∆∆

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
morning deuce delivered......forest fire smoke is a drag...

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Morning Monkies! Not so hurty today, loves me some opiates. Ordered a 3 axis gimbal last night, shipping choices were $35 expidited or Free UPS Ground. I went with free. I roll that way. :)

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Got crazy last night and started winterizing the sprinkler system. It's a bit of a pain in the dick with only a 2.5 gallon pancake compressor to try and clear things. I shall be back at it again last night seeing as how snow is in the forecast for tomorrow. Hopefully that will lead to primo dirt this weekend.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
HEY NOW THEN! I treadmilled before work, basically so I could monitor the hamstring and bail if necessary without having to walk back to the car/home. Happy that the hammy felt fine while pushing the effort hard (45 minute workout, with 4 x 5 minutes at 6:20 pace...got the heart rate into the 180's). Now my legs are tired. I also have to poop, but I think that is unrelated.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
morning deuce delivered......forest fire smoke is a drag...
Woke up at midnight to drop a deuce. wtf is that?! then when I got downstairs this morning, I see that cereal has been poured into my 3 y.o.'s bowl... when I ask how that happens he said he did it. I asked when, and he said during the night! I find it hard to believe that he woke up in the night, went downstairs, poured himself cereal, then went back to bed, all on his own, without at least trying to wake me up.... but it seems like the only possible explanation!

Also seems you guys have him hooked on Pink Lady apples. I picked some up for him, and he really liked them. Now he asks for them by name. I get weird looks at daycare when my son asks if I brought him a pink lady when I pick him up. I have to explain its a kind of apple. :/

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

As slow as this week is going, the month has flown by. The wife reminded me that it was Thanksgiving next week, I thought I had like 2 more weeks. Looks like the car will not be fixed in time to take for the trip (all I asked for was a free weekend with little to no projected rain, I got none of that). :rofl:

We agreed not to get each other gifts this year, but we are getting things for us. Likely a TV for me and a vacuum for her. I may also get an air fryer since she hates the way the oil fryer makes the house smell. But we need to get rid of crap before we can decide to downsize.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
HEY NOW THEN! I treadmilled before work, basically so I could monitor the hamstring and bail if necessary without having to walk back to the car/home. Happy that the hammy felt fine while pushing the effort hard (45 minute workout, with 4 x 5 minutes at 6:20 pace...got the heart rate into the 180's). Now my legs are tired. I also have to poop, but I think that is unrelated.
The leg bone's connected to the... poop bone.

It felt unseasonably warm on the ride in today. 80 later. Some of that sensation probably arises from multiple days worth of grunge accumulated on my skin. I don't believe that I have showered since Sunday?

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Pink Ladies are the best!

Rode straight from the AirBnB yesterday, Sedona continues to impress. Finished our ride with a descent down Scorpion to Pyramid... that had some sporty sections for sure. Steep, loose, with fun ledge drops and tight turns.

The only non-fun part was coming up on the dude with two big ass Rottweilers, one of which was off-leash. Fortunately the one that is scared of (i.e. hates and attacks) bicycles was the one he had on-leash. I stopped up pretty far away from them, but the aggressive dog (a female) was not having it, barking loudly and aggressively jumping and lunging up. The owner wasn't that big of a guy and at the time I thought it was odd he didn't have both dogs on-leash, but in hindsight I'm glad he only had the one to control. She was a handful, for sure.

The one off-leash was a pretty big male, and when he saw me coming he got a big ol' smile on his face and bounded away from me a few steps, then turned to look at me like "Hey Buddy, I know how this works. That thing you're on is fun for me to chase after... so get on it!" I tried to slowly roll past them a couple times, but the male kept bounding down the trail, then looking at me with that big smile, a tongue wagging out, and "play" in his eyes. Super friendly, thank goodness.

Finally I asked the guy to call the male back, he tied the female (still barking and freaking out) off to a tree and put the other one on leash. He then proceeded to chat me up about my bike, and the trail, and whatever. He's new to Sedona from NY, had the accent to prove it. And really I just wanted away from him and his dang dogs... kooks man I tell you what.

At any rate, Scorpion to Pyramid: 8/10 would bang again.

#thesnuggleisreal

Last edited:

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Good and bad day. Feel like shit this morning. Sore throat, aching. Called in to work. But on the plus side, booked two weeks in Whistler for the family this July. Can't beat round trip flight for 4 for $700. Paid another $600 for a mini van for two weeks. Beats trying to figure out shuttles from and to the airport, especially with the bike. Just need to pick out a condo.

Its a chest mount compact gimbal that attached to a chesty. Feiyu WGS.
Really curious to see how you like it. Been looking at them.

Last edited:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
The only non-fun part was coming up on the dude with two big ass Rottweilers, one of which was off-leash. Fortunately the one that is scared of (i.e. hates and attacks) bicycles was the one he had on-leash. I stopped up pretty far away from them, but the aggressive dog (a female) was not having it, barking loudly and aggressively jumping and lunging up. The owner wasn't that big of a guy and at the time I thought it was odd he didn't have both dogs on-leash, but in hindsight I'm glad he only had the one to control. She was a handful, for sure.

The one off-leash was a pretty big male, and when he saw me coming he got a big ol' smile on his face and bounded away from me a few steps, then turned to look at me like "Hey Buddy, I know how this works. That thing you're on is fun for me to chase after... so get on it!" I tried to slowly roll past them a couple times, but the male kept bounding down the trail, then looking at me with that big smile, a tongue wagging out, and "play" in his eyes. Super friendly, thank goodness.

Finally I asked the guy to call the male back, he tied the female (still barking and freaking out) off to a tree and put the other one on leash. He then proceeded to chat me up about my bike, and the trail, and whatever. He's new to Sedona from NY, had the accent to prove it. And really I just wanted away from him and his dang dogs... kooks man I tell you what.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
This is my third marriage, I am well aware. :rofl:

Last year I got her the camera she so badly wanted (and has literally used it for 1 picture). With the idea that we are downsizing be A LOT, purchasing new crap is on hold in general. But I do have a plan.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hmm. Full Trucker's depicted riding friend writes about being randomly asked by "someone" to go riding in Sedona. Intrigue!

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Who now looks strangely prescient for getting the snow tires on two weeks ago? Huh huh? :D